PDA

View Full Version : Weird/New Abdominal Stuff -- Really Terrified

EthanH9
03-07-19, 04:30
Hello all. First time back here in six months. I have MAJOR c** worries, especially pancreatic, and I'm genuinely concerned I've got it.

For about a month (but getting worse in the last week), I've had some combo of the following:

- intense gas pains when I'm hungry (bizarre I know)
- tender abdominal area in general
- cramping, sometimes but not always after eating
- sharp pain (comes and goes) lower left back -- basically south of rib cage, so pretty low I guess
- some nausea
- just overall feeling of not being well

I have GI appointment but it's not for 3 weeks. In November, I had bloodwork including fecal blood test and all was normal. But have never had ultrasound or CT scan, and am basically convinced I have a tumor and won't see my kids grow up.

Any experiences/support/insight would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Mom2FourKiddos
03-07-19, 04:54
This sounds like normal IBS/anxiety gut issues to me. [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

EthanH9
03-07-19, 05:19
Thanks. I really want to believe IBS, but my IBS symptoms which I've had for years are really nothing like this. Hoping there's some benign explanation for sudden bloating and gas, etc.

Inanna
03-07-19, 17:05
Hi Ethan

I have recently had a lot of the symptoms you described. Ive had a colonoscopy,upper abdo ultrasound (gallbladder, liver, kidneys and pancreas) which thankfully was all clear, and had some hemorrhoids banded. In desperation, and at the sggestion of a friend, I cut Oats from my diet, and within days, my digestive system completely reverted to normal.

I've eaten oats for many years, so this was completely out of the blue. I don't know what triggered it, but it can happen

I was totally convinced that I had a tumour, and had months of worry.

Hope this makes you feel a little better :-)