PDA

View Full Version : Laura

Lauz29
03-07-19, 19:44
Hi all , I started suffering health anxiety late last year and my gosh what a whirlwind it’s been . I’m a mother of four children and find life tiring and stressful as it is without the added stress of anxiety!! Today I have been to the doctors with some red bumps at the back of my throat. I had these checked the beginning of June to be told they were blisters !! Today after seeing a different doctor has told me they are tonsil tissue from previous tonsillectomy , which was over 15 years ago. She has referred me to ears nose and throat on a 2 week cancer pathway !! Why am I thinking the worst!! Unstoppable crying and can’t get it out my head that I have cancer !!

ErinKC
03-07-19, 19:49
Hi all , I started suffering health anxiety late last year and my gosh what a whirlwind it’s been . I’m a mother of four children and find life tiring and stressful as it is without the added stress of anxiety!! Today I have been to the doctors with some red bumps at the back of my throat. I had these checked the beginning of June to be told they were blisters !! Today after seeing a different doctor has told me they are tonsil tissue from previous tonsillectomy , which was over 15 years ago. She has referred me to ears nose and throat on a 2 week cancer pathway !! Why am I thinking the worst!! Unstoppable crying and can’t get it out my head that I have cancer !!

I learned from another thread on here a while back that your tonsils can actually grow back after you've had them out! If there are even a few tonsil cells leftover after the surgery they can start growing back even many years later. So, that's probably the situation and nothing nefarious!

Lauz29
03-07-19, 20:35
I learned from another thread on here a while back that your tonsils can actually grow back after you've had them out! If there are even a few tonsil cells leftover after the surgery they can start growing back even many years later. So, that's probably the situation and nothing nefarious!

Thank you for your reply . I have also heard that too. Hopefully it’s something not so serious I have been doing so well . And I feel like I’ve had a massive set back today . I had ear infection last week. After reading the symptoms they were pain in the ear and lymph nodes in the neck were signs of throat cancer /tonsil cancer . Suffering with health anxiety I can’t seem to stop myself from thinking about all different illnesses and thinking I’m dying . Cbt has helped but it’s always in my head I can’t switch off.❤️