PDA

View Full Version : SCARY event today!

its1111
04-07-19, 01:08
Bear with my lengthy post- I could really use some answers!
So, despite my HA, I typically don’t get overly scared about symptoms- just worried more than anything. However, something happened today that truly scared me and I honestly don’t think it had anything to do with anxiety.

I was sitting at a stoplight in my car and literally out of no where my heart felt like it just stopped. Now before you say anything, I have dealt with PVCs and arrhythmias in the past, and this was totally different. It almost felt like it had to jerk in order to restart. At the same time, my vision crossed and went black for a few seconds. My hr did go up afterwards, but only lasted for about a minute and then I felt back to normal. Thank GOD I was at a stoplight... and I am so glad my son wasn’t in the car with me. I’m almost scared to drive with him now..

I know it wasn’t a panic attack because it was all SO quick. I am scared because it pretty much caused me to blackout and had I been standing, i am sure I would have passed out.

Has anyone had this before? I have been feeling very dizzy and had some bad tachycardia issues the last few weeks, but I put it down to coming off my hormonal birth control. Can hormones cause major arrhythmias like this? I am going to call my doctor tomorrow, but any help tonight would be most appreciated.

ankietyjoe
04-07-19, 12:55
Bear with my lengthy post- I could really use some answers!
So, despite my HA, I typically don’t get overly scared about symptoms- just worried more than anything. However, something happened today that truly scared me and I honestly don’t think it had anything to do with anxiety.

I was sitting at a stoplight in my car and literally out of no where my heart felt like it just stopped. Now before you say anything, I have dealt with PVCs and arrhythmias in the past, and this was totally different. It almost felt like it had to jerk in order to restart. At the same time, my vision crossed and went black for a few seconds. My hr did go up afterwards, but only lasted for about a minute and then I felt back to normal. Thank GOD I was at a stoplight... and I am so glad my son wasn’t in the car with me. I’m almost scared to drive with him now..

I know it wasn’t a panic attack because it was all SO quick. I am scared because it pretty much caused me to blackout and had I been standing, i am sure I would have passed out.

Has anyone had this before? I have been feeling very dizzy and had some bad tachycardia issues the last few weeks, but I put it down to coming off my hormonal birth control. Can hormones cause major arrhythmias like this? I am going to call my doctor tomorrow, but any help tonight would be most appreciated.

The language you're using here is hypothesis. You've experienced a sensation you've not felt before, and concluded that something nearly happened, or felt like you needed to do something to make something else happened. All that you know is that you experienced a sensation.

Hormones control every process in the body, and each one is balanced by another one. It makes sense that a person with historical anxiety symptoms drastically altering hormone levels will experience some side effects.