PDA

View Full Version : Talcum Powder/Asbestos

julia241977
04-07-19, 04:52
Recently heard about controversies with talcum powder and baby powder containing asbestos, etc. Naturally, I'm nervous. I don't use talcum/baby powder regularly, but I have used it a handful of times to deal with greasy hair, which is the exposure that I'm most worried about. I was using it close to my head, surely it's possible I could have breathed some in, and now I'm stressed because even though it was an infrequent and limited exposure (and I haven't used it in years for my hair), I'm terrified that the small amount of damage I may have done could be enough to do me in years from now.

I probably shouldn't be that worried considering the limited extent of my exposure, but I've seen enough commercials about mesothelioma lawsuits to know it's a scary disease. Has anyone else worried about this? How did you deal?

MyNameIsTerry
04-07-19, 07:14
I thought the issue with this resulting in legal cases is in women who have used talcum powder in intimidate areas? I can't recall seeing anything beyond that and there has been no advice to change how to use it (including in babies).

Carnation
04-07-19, 12:20
I don't know of the legal terms of talcum powder, buy I know of care homes and visiting carers that won't use it anymore.
Try using 'Baptiste' instead.
I think the issues were with long term usage and quantity, you should be ok. x