PDA

View Full Version : If you have had bronchitis....

Lissy43
17-09-07, 20:24
does it mean you are more likely to get it again? or is it a particular virus that causes it?

I had it in July/August, I still have a niggly cough but GP said chest all clear now.

My kids have a cough & cold again at the moment, I can feel my ears feeling full and im abit snotty but not full of cold. I am just a little paranoid if it means I will always catch their coughs from now on and end up with bronchitis.

My GP said bronchitis is VERY common and not serious so not to worry but I felt awful when I had it, took me almost 6weeks to feel well. I start uni next week and I can't afford to be ill like that again so im feeling so anxious about it. I caught my cough off my kids when i ended up with bronchitis.

What a worrier I am:wistupid:

cattttt
18-09-07, 09:43
Some people are prone to bronchitis and will get it more often, some will only get it occasionally, it varies. There are a variety of causes, some bacterial and some viral, also irritant dust, fungus, chemicals etc. If you hadn't fully recovered from the last lot, you may be more liklely to catch something in your weakened state. Your doc is right, it's really common and not serious if you are generally healthy, even though it makes you feel like
c....p.

Lissy43
18-09-07, 11:32
Thanks,
My GP checked my chest last thursday and said it was completly clear so not to worry at all now.

I am just parnoid as ive got a health check tomorrow before I start my midwifery course its going to go against me. It does ask if you have ever had bronchitis on the medical questionaire.