PDA

View Full Version : Changing inhalers

meant2live
05-07-19, 03:51
Hi all,

My pulmonologist wanted me to try to switch from Symbicort to Pulmicort. I just started the Pulmicort this morning. If you don’t know inhalers, Symbicort has two medicines combined. One reduces inflammation and the other relaxes the smooth muscles of the airway. Pulmicort only has the medicine to reduce inflammation. Doctors typically want you to get off of Symbicort as soon as your asthma is under control because it can make the situation worse if you have an asthma attack.

Anyway, I get nervous when switching inhalers. I worry that I’ll havr an attack. All day, I’ve felt a cold feeling in my throat. I seem to be breathing fine, but I still get scared.
Many advice?

nomorepanic
05-07-19, 11:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

panic_down_under
05-07-19, 23:31
I get nervous when switching inhalers. I worry that I’ll havr an attack. All day, I’ve felt a cold feeling in my throat. I seem to be breathing fine, but I still get scared.

I don't think changing the inhaler will be an issue, per se, however, anxiety can affect breathing and possibly create some of the symptoms you dread so don't automatically blame the new inhaler. Breathing exercises may help, both in easing anxiety and respiration. Google if you don't know what to do.

meant2live
08-07-19, 17:49
Thank you. Good idea!

It seems to be going ok so far. I haven’t tried exercising yet, so we’ll see how that goes.