PDA

View Full Version : Temporal Arteritis Fear Causing Distress

tbot
07-07-19, 02:40
I've suffered purpuric rashes for years, don't last long enough to be vasculitis according to 2 doctors working my case and biopsy was negative. However the rash does come with autoimmune symptoms, past 3 days have had small versions of the rash with exhaustion.

I also have been diagnosed with TMJ due to teeth grinding. I often wake up with sinus or jaw pain. Today I woke up with a bit of it, which quickly progressed in to a day long throbbing pain in my temple (only 1) which is very tender to touch. Obviously when I clench that puts a lot of pressure on the temples so it seemed logical.

Google hadn't caused me issues in a long time so I forgot how dangerous it can be. Googled to find out why TMJ causes temple pain/what to do and all websites came up with temporal arteritis. It's freaked me out given the past 3 days of exhaustion and rashes and now temple pain. Initially it seemed obvious it was TMJ now it seems unavoidably arteritis. I know only a Dr can confirm and i hope I'm just anxious thanks to Google throwing in an unwanted suggestion. Pain is referring to eye here and there but mostly just the temple but paracetamol isn't touching it.

Ellecee
07-07-19, 03:46
I used to be terrified of this...I have other autoimmune conditions that are comorbid (tmj as well). I asked my rheumatologist about it. She said I’d feel like absolute garbage if it were TA. Running a fever, feeling like I were run over by truck, etc. Check in with your dr if you’re really concerned.

lofwyr
08-07-19, 04:45
TA is an absolute grind. I do not have it, but know someone who does. You feel absolute rubbish.