PDA

View Full Version : Worried about graduation tomorrow

LF87
07-07-19, 12:06
Hi,
I have my university graduation ceremony tomorrow and typically I am ruining it for myself by worrying about what ifs. I always avoid sitting in the middle, whether it's the cinema or a plane, I like to be able to get out easily incase I feel sick or panicked. Tomorrow I won't have the choice and it's a full hour plus going on the stage and I am really dreading it. I am even debating not going. I feel sick, what if I am sick tomorrow or get jelly legs and dizzy. I won't be able to do it. Has anyone got any advice? I just feel unable to do it right now.
Thanks

BlueIris
07-07-19, 13:15
I'm always terrified of these things, but I promise you, you'll be great. Will your friends be there?

Midnight-mouse
07-07-19, 15:32
I’m the same way, for really important things I really want to enjoy I use ginger tablets and antiemetics my doctors prescribed to keep me level. It helps knowing that I’m covered and my stomach is settled.

I think you’ll get through it just great! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LF87
07-07-19, 19:09
Thank you, I hope so! Yeah my uni friends will be there and my partner and family too. I just have this awful fear of suddenly thinking ill be sick and won't be able to get out in time, or that I'll have a funny turn. It happened in the shops the other day and I thought I was going to faint. I didn't, but I managed to get to the car in time and it passed. If that happens tomorrow I'm in trouble. I've never actually fainted before but it does feel like I could. So worried x

Midnight-mouse
07-07-19, 19:43
I get the same way, also have never fainted. It’s just anxiety, that’s not to say it’s not an awful feeling but it can’t actually hurt you. Just focus on enjoying it, you’ve worked to get here and it would be absolutely wretched to let anxiety take this moment from you. There’s absolutely no reason why you would get sick or need to get out, even if you feel a little funny just breathe it through and it will pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LF87
08-07-19, 00:20
Thanks midnight mouse. You're right, I will try to just breathe and remember it's only an hour. Thanks x

venusbluejeans
08-07-19, 01:17
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.