PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to Google! Please help

laura1988
07-07-19, 19:18
So I was standing in the kitchen making dinner when all of a sudden I got this tingling in my left arm (top) it's now an hour later and am still getting it, and there is a little in the bottom as well, I'm freaking out big time and not sure if I should go to a&e? Also getting random prickleing sensations all over.

I'm terrified of a heart attack

Please help x

Kitkat99
07-07-19, 19:23
So I was standing in the kitchen making dinner when all of a sudden I got this tingling in my left arm (top) it's now an hour later and am still getting it, and there is a little in the bottom as well, I'm freaking out big time and not sure if I should go to a&e? Also getting random prickleing sensations all over.

I'm terrified of a heart attack

Please help x

Is it possible you could of pulled something? Trapped a nerve? Or even slept funny?

Also I have had random prickling sensations from anxiety.

laura1988
07-07-19, 19:51
Well I must admit there seems to be some pain when I raise my arm, just seems a bit odd that I have never had it before x

bin tenn
07-07-19, 21:54
I experience this regularly due to nerve issues. Nothing to be concerned about, I tend to sleep on my left side (and shoulder / arm), I work on a computer all day, etc. My doc suggested possibly a trapped nerve and that I should simply rest it as needed, and maybe do some good stretches. And take OTC pain meds (e.g. Tylenol) if it causes too much pain. Never does, but it does annoy me from time to time.

I understand worrying about heart attack because we immediately think "left arm pain / numbness / tingling - oh no, that's a heart attack symptom!" But in reality, as far as I understand it at least, any numbness / tingling / pain during a heart attack will likely seem to radiate from the neck or chest, and will probably shoot down the entire arm.

Even then, however, if it's a nerve issues in the neck or shoulder, it can and will cause the sensation to shoot down the arm. It's hard for me to explain since I've never had a heart attack, but I imagine a heart attack would feel very differently (re: more obvious and severe).

SarahNah
07-07-19, 22:42
I gets lot of random pains in my left arm, sometimes more intense. I think alot of it has to do with muscle issues- as I'm still here! Hope you're feeling better x