PDA

View Full Version : feel sometimes im not breathing right

mumof4
20-01-05, 09:50
I have noticed sometimes like when i watching tv or taking to someone that im not breathing right and i start to panic then i have to watch every breath i take to make sure that i am breathing.

Although i am breathing right i get this feeling that im not is this part of anexity as well or is it more to do with smoking( i only smoke 10 a day).

It is a werid feeling.

Sarah-Jane
20-01-05, 14:37
breathing worries are connected to anxiety, try taking deep breaths in and out and try not to think about your breathing youll be fine. Panic attacks cannot stop you breathing!!! Smoking doesnt help , if you can kick the habbit all the better for your health.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Meg
20-01-05, 17:51
Hi Taylor,

When people are panicing - some breathe too fast and some hold their breaths ...

Its a great help to trot up a few flights of stairs- gets you breathing correctly and then slow it down gently.

Count of 5 in and 8 out ...

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

jill
20-01-05, 18:24
Hi Taylor

As Sarah-Jane said breathing worries are connected to anxiety.
The more we worry about a symptom the worse it gets.
When we get this feeling that we can't breath we get scared.
All I can advice is what I done, I armd myrself with every bit of information about PA and anxiity lerned what happens to
my body when I am in panic or in high anxiaty and why it happens.
Believe that no matter what symptom you get is will not harm
you.
It's not easy changing the way we think because the symptoms
are so frightening.
It CAN be done Taylor it just takes time.
These days I am alot better some days 100% better.
You too can learn how to feel better and remember
you are not alone.

Smoking is not good for your health.
I smoke too, but at the moment I'm trying to pack in
LOL not easy:(

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

jude
20-01-05, 18:47
Hi Taylor,
Does this happen when you are not really interested in whats on the TV or not really interested in what the person is saying. Is it because your mind has started drifting and thinking about panic or a worry. Its probably that you are thinking it before it happens and dont realise it, if you see what I mean. Thats what happens to me. I start to think about my symptoms without even realising it.
Just say to yourself.....Oh its another symptom and it will go away.
Hope this makes sense as I tend not to be just lately LOL[:I]

Jude

vernon
20-01-05, 23:24
hi taylor, I get this lots, it dont frighten me anymore cos i am that used to it and know it never harmed me before. but if u take your mind off it it does go, take care. vernon

mumof4
21-01-05, 11:34
I think thats what the problem is i worry about itbefore it even hapens.

Will just have to tell myself it means nothing and nothing can harm me cause when u breath like that or get a pain u do think it will harm u.

And as for smoking i cant give it up im to stressed to stop at werid thing is the doctor agreed with me lol.

Meg
21-01-05, 12:59
Hi ,
I agree with your doctor too...

When you have a cigarette it may increase your metabolic rate and it doesn't help in that way BUT psychologically it calms you as a crutch so whilst you're acute its worth sticking with anything that helps - plus when you exhale it's a long calming chemical balancing breath !

When you're a bit better then is the time to give up for all the other reasons we all know so well ..

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

nomorepanic
21-01-05, 19:23
Taylor

I have had this recently too and it is scary but when you think about it it makes you 10 times worse.

Try some nice relaxation and some breathing exercise to help get you back on track.

Nicola

mumof4
22-01-05, 11:49
I do try deep breathing but then my partners trying to talk to me and i get annoyed at him then we start arguing over it.

I feel that all i do is get annoyed at him and the kids and im forever shouting at them but i dont mean to do it. Its like im always thinking about things to make me feel that im okay and that nothings going to hapen to me.

Does this sound werid.

Me and my parnter have already split up over this last year for 6 weeks cause he couldnt take me pushing him away.

Does anyone else have this with there partners or families.

bean
08-02-05, 12:18
Hi Taylor
I suffer from this all the time.I tend to pannic about not breathing right and then hypa-ventilate,then because im actually breathing in too much oxygen I get pins and needles in my hands and sometimes my lips-then I start thinking that there may be something wrong with my heart-and then comes the banging palpatations and because I am taking fast,shallow breaths,I tend to put alot of strain on my upper chest,which 9 times out of 10 will result in my chest becoming really tight and even shooting pains,which re-inforces the negative thoughts I am having .It becomes a very vicious cycle. I have learnt a breathing technique that does the trick for me,I really hope it helps you.
I breath in on a count to 3.then I hold the breath for a count of 3,then exhale,emptying the lungs fully to a count of 3. This will moderate your breathing and sort your oxygen levels out. good luck.