PDA

View Full Version : Importance of self care

Worrywart1234
08-07-19, 14:18
This is not really a question, more a reminder for everyone fighting the beast right now...I think mindfulness and self care are under utilised for anxiety. I know myself, it’s almost easier than breathing to give into the bad thoughts, assume the worst and lose it....Mindfulness isn’t just for specific times of the day, set aside for meditation. It’s also for every minute that your fears are taking over. Sometimes just a minute or two of practising those mindfulness strategies such as listening to all the sounds you can hear, feeling things and deep breathing can help a lot - especially if you turn to them first rather than last. I find self care is super effective too - making healthy life choices, especially in regards to what you fear, can really help you feel more in control and less anxious.
I guess this post seems a bit pointless, but this week i’ve been trying really hard to fight against my anxieties and have been surprised at how much just a few simple techniques have helped me, and wanted to pass them for even one more person to benefit from..

Fishmanpa
08-07-19, 14:33
I guess this post seems a bit pointless

On the contrary, its very valuable and important. I wish more would offer their coping techniques as opposed to just feeding he dragon. Self care, regardless if you have anxiety is an important part of life. Doing things for yourself that make you feel good or better goes a long way in dealing with what life throws at you. Whether its the techniques you discussed (which are very valuable techniques for anxiety and discussed here a lot), exercise or even treating yourself to a spa day or massage, taking time out to care for yourself mentally and/or physically are truly beneficial.

I hope others see your thread and take it on board. Great post!

Positive thoughts

pulisa
08-07-19, 18:03
Yes it's a great post. I think a lot of people with anxiety have great difficulty in being kind to themselves so finding techniques/strategies which help us cope is such a bonus.

And it doesn't have to be Mindfulness...Just anything, no matter how simple. It doesn't have to cost money either.

Scass
08-07-19, 19:38
It is a great post, thank you. Especially the bit about reaching for mindfulness first rather than last.

Is there anything you can recommend to help with coping with a 5 year old, a 5 day a week job, life admin, trying to keep a flat sort of clean, and health anxiety? Asking for a friend [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pulisa
08-07-19, 20:57
A psychology-savvy Mrs Doubtfire?:D

Scass
08-07-19, 21:13
A psychology-savvy Mrs Doubtfire?:D

Yes! Perfect [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk