PDA

View Full Version : Why can’t I believe this isn’t crohns

Noworryjonny
25-06-18, 17:09
Hi I have been ok for a week or so the odd pain in my tummy but nothing major but today I decided to have two doughnuts a bag of chocolate and battered sausage and chips for lunch (I know a lot) an within 2 hours I had diarrhoea and a tummy ache is this classic ibs I normally have a lot of gas and bloated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vicky23
25-06-18, 20:05
Absolutely, fatty foods are one of the worst culprits to trigger ibs

Noworryjonny
26-06-18, 15:33
Ok good, today my tummy is a lot better so I’m sure it’s what it is

Noworryjonny
05-08-18, 15:51
I’ve accepted I have ibs but today I am in agony with it, I have so much gas can pain from trapped gas really cause this much pain

Please someone help me

nomorepanic
05-08-18, 15:52
Did you sort your diet out like we suggested?

Noworryjonny
05-08-18, 16:07
I’m trying too I keep burping an my stomach is burning

nomorepanic
05-08-18, 16:08
acid indigestion/reflux then maybe.

Milk helps when I get that.

Noworryjonny
05-08-18, 16:38
Yea I think it is acid reflux and Gerd as it’s a common side symptom of ibs it’s just learning to accept it’s that

vicky23
06-08-18, 19:52
here are some things that help me :
hot baths, exercise (think this is the best thing to get wind moving) hot drinks particularly ginger tea and fennel tea
And yes gas pains can be extremely painful

Noworryjonny
07-08-18, 14:21
Thanks I think accepting is a massive part of my recovery too

Noworryjonny
09-08-18, 12:44
Hi, I have recently had a promotion to store manager and I’ve split up from my long term partner of who I had a mortgage with for 8 years back in November, I have since got a new girlfriend and all is going well on that front as is the new job but I have been under immense stress and never suffered with ibs or symptoms of ibs, but since April I have had persistent tummy pain occasional diarrhoea, stomach noises, heartburn, indigestion etc I’ve had a FBC and a stool test and all came back clear and been told it’s stress related ibs, has stress physically made anyone else ill?

KK77
09-08-18, 13:14
"Immense stress" was caused by promotion? IBS symptoms can flare up dramatically during or immediately after a stressful incident. The pain you're getting is most likely from your IBS - trapped wind etc.

Are you still worrying about IBS being something sinister or are you coming to terms and accepting stress as culprit?

Noworryjonny
09-08-18, 13:34
The promotion has led to increased pressure which has caused me to stress out, and I am starting to accept it purely because the tests I had has ruled out anything sinister

Noworryjonny
19-08-18, 09:22
Hi I have been diagnosed with ibs which I’m struggling to accept as I was convinced it was crohns or worse, I have got this under control recently and my symptoms all but disappeared I even had a dominoes pizza the other night with no ill effects however I had a Chinese last night, some ice cream and cookies and I went to toilet this morning and my poo is very sloppy :( I honestly thought I was getting better

MRS STRESS ED
19-08-18, 09:51
Hi I have been diagnosed with ibs which I’m struggling to accept as I was convinced it was crohns or worse, I have got this under control recently and my symptoms all but disappeared I even had a dominoes pizza the other night with no ill effects however I had a Chinese last night, some ice cream and cookies and I went to toilet this morning and my poo is very sloppy :( I honestly thought I was getting better

if you have ibs and you are eating food like you say well its bound to effect your bodily function.Its about eating a well balanced diet not junk food.

best wishes x

Fishmanpa
19-08-18, 15:55
if you have ibs and you are eating food like you say well its bound to effect your bodily function.Its about eating a well balanced diet not junk food.

best wishes x

True! Sheesh! Look at the FODMAP (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) diet and keep a strict food diary of everything you eat for a month and cross off foods that aggravate your system.

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
19-08-18, 18:51
I know I shouldn’t eat the stuff it’s just so hard to adjust and I had a few days where eating bad stuff didn’t effect me then all of a sudden it has

EmmerLooeez
19-08-18, 19:03
You can get away with eating a little bit of bad food, but don't eat loads of it a few days in a row. Have a little treat and then eat better, it won't affect you as much (if at all) then. X

Noworryjonny
19-08-18, 19:04
Yea I had dominoes the night before and then Chinese and ice cream and cookies so that might be something to do with it

MRS STRESS ED
19-08-18, 19:33
Yea I had dominoes the night before and then Chinese and ice cream and cookies so that might be something to do with it

Do you think :doh:

l know its hard but just try and at least cut it down, you should notice the difference xx

Noworryjonny
07-10-18, 17:31
Hi, I have been told I have ibs, is having a weird feeling at the pit of your stomach like a nervous feeling before a exam and like the urge to poo normal with ibs?

The more I think about it the worse I get

Noworryjonny
08-10-18, 07:58
Anyone??? :(

Noworryjonny
14-10-18, 10:37
Hi everyone is it normal with ibs and anxiety to be constipated one day and next have diarrhoea or like sloppy?
Sorry if tmi

vicky23
14-10-18, 13:58
Yup, some people call it IBS-A, the A standing for alternating

WylnTholia
19-10-18, 19:41
Yes - thats me! I can't remember the last time I had a 'normal' poo!

My GP prescribed Mebeverine which does seem to help :)

Noworryjonny
24-10-18, 09:20
Hi I had calzone yesterday and then cheese on toast for dinner so a lot to cheese and I’ve gone to loo this morning and it’s very sloppy and soft, is this down to the foods and my ibs?

Elen
24-10-18, 09:50
Hi Jonny

I have merged your thread with an earlier one you posted about a similar issue.

Carys
24-10-18, 10:09
The first trigger I was aware of with my IBS (had it for 30 years) was high fat foods! At periods in my life when I've dieted and majorly reduced fat contents, my IBS has been massively better. So, yes, high fat for many can be a trigger. If I have fish and chips rarely, which I love, I can pretty much guarantee indigestion, bloating etc.

Phoenix76
24-10-18, 17:11
I never knew high fat foods could trigger IBS. Actually, it's more a question of what doesn't trigger my IBS than what does! lol

Fishmanpa
24-10-18, 17:40
I never knew high fat foods could trigger IBS. Actually, it's more a question of what doesn't trigger my IBS than what does! lol

IBS and other gastro issues (GERD etc.) can be attributed to diet. My wife and I follow the FODMAP diet. (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) It's really helped.

In addition to a PPI we take, we follow this as close as possible. Also, when you start, keep a food diary (for a month or so) so you can determine which foods aggravate your problem.

Positive thoughts

Elen
24-10-18, 18:29
IBS and other gastro issues (GERD etc.) can be attributed to diet. My wife and I follow the FODMAP diet. (https://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/) It's really helped.

In addition to a PPI we take, we follow this as close as possible. Also, when you start, keep a food diary (for a month or so) so you can determine which foods aggravate your problem.

Positive thoughts

Jonny this advice has ben gven to you on numerous posts, perhaps time to seriously look into it

Noworryjonny
18-11-18, 12:19
Hi I went to a really nice restaurant in London yesterday and had a Italian tapas style meal, I had sausage with beans and lentils, carbonara which was very rich, chicken wrapped in pancetta, about 2 hours after this I had to rush to toilet and had diarrhoea and stomach pains, no blood or anything, is this normal for ibs? I’ve had blood tests and poo sample tests which all came back normal

mill6tee7
24-01-19, 18:30
Hiya bud, I'm going through this right now, I wouldn't worry about it too much, worry is what feeds it and can go round in circles if you dwell upon on it, it will pass, you will learn that's it's just your negative thoughts that's causing it:yesyes:

Angelai
01-02-19, 19:30
I don't know if it's normal, but you have described perfectly the feeling I get sometimes

Midnight-mouse
01-02-19, 22:18
Hi, I have been told I have ibs, is having a weird feeling at the pit of your stomach like a nervous feeling before a exam and like the urge to poo normal with ibs?

The more I think about it the worse I get

Oh yes! This is how my anxiety mainly expresses itself these days. It’s not pleasant at all that’s for sure. More worry will only make the sensation worse.

Positive vibes

Mouse

Noworryjonny
13-04-19, 07:47
Hi guys I’ve been struggling with health anxiety for 15 years, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy!

My doctor has told me about somatic symptom disorder, and this is so me!

Basically the minute I get a physical sensation ie foot pain I google it see that it could be one of many things but then latch onto the most sinister.... I worry about spine problems etc so within a day my back starts to really hurt, my pelvis area aches, my heels really hurt so before you know it I have a spine problem! Or so I think!!

I’ve had numerous docs tell me is stress and anxiety and I am 6ft 3 so expected to get the odd pain in my back and I’m a retail manager on my feet 10 hours a day too, I’ve also had a MRI which came back clear!

So what I’m saying is our minds can literally give us symptoms of what we think we might have, I used to be worried about MS and I started losing my vision, dropping things, tripping over... this was 12 years ago and haven’t had any problems since so I’m safe to say i can rule MS out!

So at the moment my back is my main worry along with me aching feet but in a months time I know it will be a new worry...

Anxiety is so draining :(

ankietyjoe
13-04-19, 10:45
I have a slight issue with giving health anxiety a name like this, as it takes the responsibility away from the person suffering with the health anxiety. You/we are not the victims of a disorder, but merely suffer with self induced anxiety because of bad behavioural choices. As you mentioned in this post, you focus on a sensation and then you google it. That is the core issue, not an abstract 'disorder'.

I'm not critisising at all, I've done it myself. But we have it within ourselves to step away from the HA 100% simply by making a few simple (but difficult to implement) changes.

MyNameIsTerry
13-04-19, 14:13
The thing that stands out to me here is you are in the UK and the doctor is using a classification from the US APA's DSM system, which we don't use since we use the WHO ICD instead. This disorder is known by a different name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somatic_symptom_disorder#International_Statistical _Classification_of_Diseases_and_Related_Health_Pro blems

If you look at the DSM you would see:

Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders

Somatic symptom disorders used to be recognized as Somatoform disorders in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders of the American Psychiatric Association. The following[ were conditions under the term Somatoform Disorders:

Conversion disorder: A somatic symptom disorder involving the actual loss of bodily function such as blindness, paralysis, and numbness due to excessive anxiety
Somatization disorder
Hypochondriasis
Body dysmorphic disorder: wherein the afflicted individual is concerned with body image, and is manifested as excessive concern about and preoccupation with a perceived defect of their physical appearance.
Pain disorder
Undifferentiated somatic symptom disorder – only one unexplained symptom is required for at least six months.

In the newest version of DSM-5 (2013) somatic symptom disorders are recognized under the term Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders:

Somatic symptom disorder: Will take over many of what was formerly known as somatization disorders and hypochondriasis
Factitious disorder: Can be either imposed on oneself, or to someone else (formally known as factitious disorder by proxy).
Illness anxiety disorder: A somatic symptom disorder involving persistent and excessive worry about developing a serious illness. This disorder has recently gone under review and has been altered into three different classifications.
Somatoform disorder not otherwise specified (NOS

WHO classify conversion disorder as Dissociative Disorder, these have their own category. They also have a Somatoform Disorder section that contains the others such as the typical view of Hypochondriasis.

But then what you described could also fall into OCD too.

He may mean he believes you to be more in the Somatoform Disorders category, as would be someone diagnosed with something like Hypochondriasis or Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), so it's still relevant even though older terms or terms from revised manuals and it may be getting you closer to the real disorder rather than a vague HA label. It can be helpful to know what you have and plan accordingly although there is likely a lot of crossover in treatment. It might just be the name differs between US & WHO standards and it can be helpful to know so they get the right Googling back of them rather than end up confused between categorisations.

MyNameIsTerry
13-04-19, 14:19
I have a slight issue with giving health anxiety a name like this, as it takes the responsibility away from the person suffering with the health anxiety. You/we are not the victims of a disorder, but merely suffer with self induced anxiety because of bad behavioural choices. As you mentioned in this post, you focus on a sensation and then you google it. That is the core issue, not an abstract 'disorder'.

I'm not critisising at all, I've done it myself. But we have it within ourselves to step away from the HA 100% simply by making a few simple (but difficult to implement) changes.

From my understanding it doesn't do this other than when it comes to Dissociative Disorders. The Somatoform Disorders map quite closely to what we see in OCD. With the DD's though it's closer to DP/DR hence less of that feeling you are not contributing to it (other than reinforcement, adding our behaviour on top of it and triggering it as usual for all of us) as there may be trauma involved, which I know you know a lot about from what you've said on here. Within the SD's you get a load of other codes such as Hypochondriasis, something many say they have but may not as the medical classification isn't the same as the one we most likely known from a dictionary or popular culture.

I think the problem can be that sufferers talk about HA whereas doctors talk about medical terms. Our HA straddles their terms hence we are less specific about what we are diagnosed with. Many on here likely have OCD and this makes HA merely a "theme" or "flavour" as they often called just as ROCD, HOCD, POCD, etc all are. Treating that HA may not treat the OCD enough in those cases which takes us back to what you are saying about choice and core issues in behaviour.

ankietyjoe
13-04-19, 15:24
I think the word trauma is overused when it comes to anxiety disorders. Actually I know it is (from Europe's leading trauma/dissociation expert).

I think what happens a lot of the time is that the American medical machine has to classify things in order to treat them. The way the American medical machine works is that if a person comes to their Doctor complaining of head pain, but spends 20 minutes smashing their own head against the wall every morning, the American medical machine has to invent a disorder to start the invoices going out to the insurance companies.

A British Doctor might (for example) suggest the patient stops smashing their own head against the wall and send them off with some aspirin until they do.

A true trauma based mental health disorder has very, very little to do with an anxiety disorder. There is just no comparison.

Shadowhawk
13-04-19, 20:20
Working with my counselor, she believes many of my issues are somatic in nature. I have been (and still am) subject to many various aches and pains all across my body, including muscle and abdominal pains. We have documented that these issue arise/become more pronounced during stressful times, though overall still haven't succeeded in getting me past many of these issues. Things like the muscle pain is obvious (though, it doesn't help me beat it yet) - when I am stressed or anxious, I am commonly tensing my muscles (basic fight or flight response, but turned on 24/7).

However, my anxiety has manifested as other issues, such as GI problems and pains; these issue have been enough that I have even received a colonoscopy due to the severity of symptoms (but nothing of note was found, and aside from slight liver enzyme elevations (related to my weight), no blood or other abnormalities were detected). Despite being physically cleared, I am still prone to long periods of pain (among other issues), which may stay around for longer than the anxiety obviously presents itself.

I highlighted obviously because that is the problem - while the anxiety may leave my surface thinking, it is commonly still very much there, and easily brought up by a variety of triggers (god I hate that word.. the whole "triggered" thing drives me up the wall). It can be a place where something bad happened before (like a shopping center where I googled something, or got test results), somebody having a conversation that reminds me of a past event, or even just down time that allows my mind to wander (this is the most proof for me that my issues linger, since even a basic lack of distraction can allow the anxiety back to the surface). Because of this, I find my physical issues tend to hang around much longer than I might like, since the root of the problem has not really gone away; its simply.... dwelling in the shadows..

I also deal with a great deal of OCD, which is also agreed to be a significant cause of my problems. I can have a major time letting things go, even if others (doctors, friends, family, etc) feel the issue is resolved (or never an issue in the first place). Sometimes it will manifest as something silly (I can literally check my wallet three times in a row to be sure I put my card back, or check my truck a few times to make sure its locked), or something more serious (anxiety attacks where I feel that a test or diagnosis is incorrect, and that a problem is actually still effecting me (doesn't that sound familiar guys), despite evidence to the contrary). In many ways, "letting go" isn't in my vocabulary, which can make life extremely difficult.

What Terry said here is literally my problem in action:
"
Treating that HA may not treat the OCD enough in those cases which takes us back to what you are saying about choice and core issues in behavior."
Just because i have worked past a specific issue, my ability to focus on things is not fixed, and quickly leads to relapses (or simply development of a new issue. And because i hang on so well, the physical manifestations also hang around (which can create a brutal feedback loop. Many times the anxiety becomes focused around this physical pain, which only serves to create more of it, which only heightens the anxiety more...). The few times i have truly had better control and clarity, the pain indeed did receed, which was further proof of the brain body connection behind it.

Yourboymj99
13-04-19, 20:47
This is a great post guys. You all give great perspective. I'm glad I read this. Jonny, you're right. Anxiety can be very draining, and I hope you can find some pease.

Take care

MyNameIsTerry
15-04-19, 15:21
Working with my counselor, she believes many of my issues are somatic in nature. I have been (and still am) subject to many various aches and pains all across my body, including muscle and abdominal pains. We have documented that these issue arise/become more pronounced during stressful times, though overall still haven't succeeded in getting me past many of these issues. Things like the muscle pain is obvious (though, it doesn't help me beat it yet) - when I am stressed or anxious, I am commonly tensing my muscles (basic fight or flight response, but turned on 24/7).

However, my anxiety has manifested as other issues, such as GI problems and pains; these issue have been enough that I have even received a colonoscopy due to the severity of symptoms (but nothing of note was found, and aside from slight liver enzyme elevations (related to my weight), no blood or other abnormalities were detected). Despite being physically cleared, I am still prone to long periods of pain (among other issues), which may stay around for longer than the anxiety obviously presents itself.

I highlighted obviously because that is the problem - while the anxiety may leave my surface thinking, it is commonly still very much there, and easily brought up by a variety of triggers (god I hate that word.. the whole "triggered" thing drives me up the wall). It can be a place where something bad happened before (like a shopping center where I googled something, or got test results), somebody having a conversation that reminds me of a past event, or even just down time that allows my mind to wander (this is the most proof for me that my issues linger, since even a basic lack of distraction can allow the anxiety back to the surface). Because of this, I find my physical issues tend to hang around much longer than I might like, since the root of the problem has not really gone away; its simply.... dwelling in the shadows..

I also deal with a great deal of OCD, which is also agreed to be a significant cause of my problems. I can have a major time letting things go, even if others (doctors, friends, family, etc) feel the issue is resolved (or never an issue in the first place). Sometimes it will manifest as something silly (I can literally check my wallet three times in a row to be sure I put my card back, or check my truck a few times to make sure its locked), or something more serious (anxiety attacks where I feel that a test or diagnosis is incorrect, and that a problem is actually still effecting me (doesn't that sound familiar guys), despite evidence to the contrary). In many ways, "letting go" isn't in my vocabulary, which can make life extremely difficult.

What Terry said here is literally my problem in action:
"
Treating that HA may not treat the OCD enough in those cases which takes us back to what you are saying about choice and core issues in behavior."
Just because i have worked past a specific issue, my ability to focus on things is not fixed, and quickly leads to relapses (or simply development of a new issue. And because i hang on so well, the physical manifestations also hang around (which can create a brutal feedback loop. Many times the anxiety becomes focused around this physical pain, which only serves to create more of it, which only heightens the anxiety more...). The few times i have truly had better control and clarity, the pain indeed did receed, which was further proof of the brain body connection behind it.

Yeah, all those core beliefs and neurons that need rewiring. It's like the old telephone exchanges with operators pulling a plug out of one hole and placing it into another. The subconscious has spent a load of time in a negative environment doing that so you end up having to dismantle all of this by not feeding it and changing how you respond.

And yes, I dislike "triggered" as it's one of the modern "safe spaces" types of nonsense.

Memory is also involved so you get stamps of events that were big for you just like any other memory Something traumatic is always big in memory and can be hard to push past. It thinks it's protecting us from potential danger, it's just we've embedded an irrational non danger. It's only following the same process for the big scary bear as this. And since the bi scary bear was never expected to be a caveman's best friend the process isn't expected to change it. Put a load of faulty wiring in there and it's going to take longer to mothball it all as it's counter intuitive to the intended process. But science has shown the same processes work to do so...it's just such a lot of work!

And I did all the checking of wallet, keys, etc too. I often see OCD as not only about doubt as a lack of self trust. Rebuild that too and have more confidence in yourself and it helps.

Noworryjonny
28-06-19, 11:06
I’m really worried yesterday afternoon I developed a pain in my which almost feels like a stitch and hurts when I move or laugh etc, I keep burping so it sounds like trapped wind but I’m terrified it’s something more

nomorepanic
28-06-19, 12:47
It is probably nothing serious to be fair - just you overthinking it.

Why can't it be just a pain? could be a pulled muscle as well.

See how it goes and don't google!

Noworryjonny
28-06-19, 12:49
I have been going to the gym recently for the first time in years

BlueIris
28-06-19, 12:50
There you go, then.

nomorepanic
28-06-19, 13:29
Oh so there is a reason for it then???

Noworryjonny
28-06-19, 13:35
I think it’s a pulled oblique muscle

nomorepanic
28-06-19, 13:39
Ok so why did you jump to a serious conclusion ?

Noworryjonny
28-06-19, 13:42
Because that’s what I do :( I hate it

Liddy1993
28-06-19, 15:20
I’ve just started working out again after a really long time and I’ve pulled a muscle in both my arm and side in the last week alone! That’s all it is nothing more.

nomorepanic
28-06-19, 18:34
Well you need to sit and work through these things and write down reasons that could cause it and reasons for it to be something serious.

Noworryjonny
29-06-19, 15:16
Today my tummy really hurts I’ve been worrying about right hand side pain but that isn’t as bad as yesterday but today I feel grim, and I keep burping, I have been diagnosed with IBS so I’m guessing because of the anxiety of me worrying about my side this has led to my ibs flaring up?

nomorepanic
29-06-19, 17:50
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
29-06-19, 17:50
I want you to think this one through on your own this time please.

Noworryjonny
04-07-19, 10:28
How common is stomach pain and cramps with anxiety, I’ve been really worried recently with various health issues and today my stomach is killing me, it’s cramping like mad, I’ve had blood tests and a poo sample test which all came back clear and got diagnosed with ibs so is this feeling all from ibs and anxiety, I’m burping a lot too

Fishmanpa
04-07-19, 10:46
Scroll to the bottom of the page or so a quick search. Thousands of posts on the subject ;)

Positive thoughts

Clydesdale Epona
04-07-19, 22:23
Yep Ibs is anxieties best friend i'm afraid, don't underestimate it, it can get real crampy and painful.

If its real bad talk to your doctor you may be able to get some medications for it, peppermint tea works wonders for me if its crampy or i'm constipated. and ginger for belly ache :)

Lady123
04-07-19, 23:22
I hope so as I have the same only I also have diarrhea. Due to provide a stool sample.

Clydesdale Epona
05-07-19, 09:22
Hope it goes well lady!

Ibs comes as constipation, diarrhea or both so it could well be it :)

Noworryjonny
05-07-19, 09:24
It’s a horrible feeling, and having health anxiety makes it 10x worse as in so sensitive to any slight pain or twinge in my body

Noworryjonny
05-07-19, 10:13
So just been to my doctor who has said that I’m really struggling with SSD, basically the same as health anxiety but I notice every bodily function on my body, here is a list of a few;

Feet ache - my job involves standing for 10hours
Tummy ache - ibs and anxiety
Pulled muscles - recently joined a gym
Gurgling in my tummy - normal function and worse with ibs

This is just a few which my doctor made me write down the problem and then he gave me the answers to them.

He said I’ve had MRI,s, countless blood tests, stool sample tests and nothing has come back.

I need to just learn to accept my symptoms are down to my anxiety and my somatic behaviour

BlueIris
05-07-19, 10:17
That sounds about right, I'm afraid.

ankietyjoe
05-07-19, 11:14
So just been to my doctor who has said that I’m really struggling with SSD, basically the same as health anxiety but I notice every bodily function on my body, here is a list of a few;

Feet ache - my job involves standing for 10hours
Tummy ache - ibs and anxiety
Pulled muscles - recently joined a gym
Gurgling in my tummy - normal function and worse with ibs

This is just a few which my doctor made me write down the problem and then he gave me the answers to them.

He said I’ve had MRI,s, countless blood tests, stool sample tests and nothing has come back.

I need to just learn to accept my symptoms are down to my anxiety and my somatic behaviour

That's pretty much it. It's not easy, but it is what you need to do. It'll take months of practice, but it's worth it. Every time you feel something, say this to yourself out loud if need be.

nomorepanic
05-07-19, 11:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nomorepanic
05-07-19, 12:07
Great news - nothing is wrong - now get on with living

DustingMyselfOff
05-07-19, 18:31
Yup, I notice every twitch and tingle in my body. I constantly remind myself "that is your body being functional - nothing is wrong!"
Sue

Lady123
05-07-19, 20:00
It’s awful,it’s literally one thing after the other.

KrankerMann
06-07-19, 06:22
Very common indeed. I often get muscles aches in my stomach, where bending over or walking or tensing the muscles can be quite painful. Not sure if it's trapped gas as a consequence of IBS or something else but it's annoying.

Noworryjonny
07-07-19, 09:36
I’ve had a belly ache for 3 or 4 days now no diarrhoea just constipation and pain, a year ago I had a 2 month spell of sever ibs and had blood tests and stool sample tests to rule out IBD and anything else which it did and pretty much went a year without any symptoms and now a year on all the symptoms seem to be coming back :( doctors said it’s ibs and anxiety but I just can’t accept it

nomorepanic
07-07-19, 17:19
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Midnight-mouse
07-07-19, 19:40
doctors said it’s ibs and anxiety but I just can’t accept it

What about it makes you unable to accept it?

Noworryjonny
08-07-19, 07:39
I apparently suffer with ibs and recently I have been quite constipated, but this morning I have bad diarrhoea, is this normal after you’ve been constipated?

I’ve had tests to rule out IBD and everything but I’m still worried it is that

I’ve also been having remegel which are tablets for anti acid which diarrhoea is a side effect

Lady123
08-07-19, 09:07
I apparently suffer with ibs and recently I have been quite constipated, but this morning I have bad diarrhoea, is this normal after you’ve been constipated?

I’ve had tests to rule out IBD and everything but I’m still worried it is that

I’ve also been having remegel which are tablets for anti acid which diarrhoea is a side effect

From what ive heard these kind of changes are normal with ibs. Can I ask, do you get mucus in stools with your ibs?

Noworryjonny
08-07-19, 09:46
Yea I do

Lady123
08-07-19, 10:17
I’m still waiting on my stool test results, it’s so nerve wracking. The problem is I can’t win either way, even if they say it’s fine like you said, would I believe it?? Probably not!

Noworryjonny
08-07-19, 10:19
That’s the problem I had stool tests and various blood tests and it has ruled out crohns and IBD but why am I still getting the symptoms

Lady123
08-07-19, 10:29
I guess that’s nature of the beast with ibs. Random flare ups. Did you have the calprotectin test?

Noworryjonny
08-07-19, 10:34
Yes everything came back clear

Lady123
08-07-19, 11:17
Then it must be ibs as there was no inflammation. I’m dreading my results. If it’s elevated I’m going to have a meltdown!

Noworryjonny
08-07-19, 16:37
So my main fear is crohns or AS,

I have severe tummy pain at the minute and diarrhoea, I have been diagnosed with IBS but all I can think about is Crohns,

I’ve had a MRI on my spine to rule out AS which it did and a blood test for rheumatoid arthritis and that came back negative

I’ve also had a poo sample test along with lots of others including liver test and everything else which again, came back fine.

So why on earth can’t I accept this is just IBS and nothing else!!! Please I need some guidance

Elen
08-07-19, 17:05
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Noworryjonny
08-07-19, 19:23
Anyone [emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

jalapeno1234
08-07-19, 19:43
try peppermint gum for that - youll be surprised at how fast acting it is, hope youre ok :(

Noworryjonny
09-07-19, 08:24
So I’ve had a poo sample test and lots of blood tests find attached, which all came back clear, docs have put it down to ibs and anxiety but I cannot seem to get crohns out of my head!

Please someone just tell me I’m being stupid please 4853

pulisa
09-07-19, 08:36
Why Crohns?

Sounds like typical IBS to me. How do you think Crohns presents?

Noworryjonny
09-07-19, 08:39
I have occasional diarrhoea and tummy pain, but the doctor said the tests I’ve had has ruled it out though

pulisa
09-07-19, 08:43
So you don't trust the test results?

Crohns is a bit more than occasional diarrhoea and tummy pain.

Noworryjonny
09-07-19, 08:46
No I don’t :( and I had it really bad and then no real symptoms for 9 months and now I’ve been constipated for 3 days and yesterday had bad diarrhoea and now I’m constipated again

pulisa
09-07-19, 08:53
Have you read any information on IBS?

Noworryjonny
09-07-19, 09:01
Yea I have but can’t convince myself it’s that

Elen
09-07-19, 09:38
Hi

Elen

Noworryjonny
09-07-19, 12:42
Just spoke to dr Who confirmed it’s not crohns 100% and it’s anxiety induced ibs hopefully I can move on now

nomorepanic
09-07-19, 12:47
Hi