PDA

View Full Version : petechiae fear, about to go on holiday!

cereal33
10-07-19, 13:02
hello,
my health anxiety has returned after about 6 months of being fine! It always comes when things are good, because my brain's probably bored. Any way, I've been having irrational thoughts for the past week that i've been pushing aside, but this morning i woke up to numerous pin prick red blood spots on my arm. I'm taking a flight to Budapest tonight for a holiday and all i can thing of is getting a serious bacterial disease or meningitis and dying on holiday. Brilliant. Not really getting any other symptoms other than that i'm tight chested but again that could be anxiety. Cannot explain this rash, any reassurance would be fab!!!

Thanks so much xxx

bin tenn
10-07-19, 13:51
No cause for concern, IMO. It's very easily explained by many things, such as you may have rubbed your arm in your sleep, or perhaps you just laid on that part of your arm long enough in just the right way. I've woken up with patches of petechiae on my arms before, as well as my chest, and I assume it's from sleeping a certain way.

LF87
10-07-19, 17:35
I've got a weird prickly rash at the moment too on my leg, I've put it down to the stuffy weather and being hot and bothered! It's nothing, probs be gone tomorrow. Enjoy your hols! X