PDA

View Full Version : Convinced it’s colon cancer

Lady123
06-06-19, 13:46
I’m freaking out what does this mean?? I had a bowel movement 5 minutes after which looked normal but what was this clear mucous on the tissue before the bowel movement??

ErinKC
06-06-19, 17:38
Are you sure it wasn't vaginal discharge? I get that right before my period comes and also when I'm ovulating. When you're in an anxiety state you can twist anything around. Last year when my anxiety was terrible I went to the bathroom to pee and saw blood when I wiped. I instantly fell into a panic and then a few moments later realized it was my period... ya, know, the one I've been getting for 23 years. But, our minds are very powerful!

nomorepanic
06-06-19, 17:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
06-06-19, 17:45
Mucus can be because of IBS

Lady123
06-06-19, 17:59
Defo wasn’t from the vagina, I don’t know if I have IBS to be honest, I also have back lower back pain is this a bad sign

Lady123
20-06-19, 12:11
Oh and lower back pain, what’s going on? 3 weeks ago I had diarrhea for 3 day’s. It calmed down and then I had my normal one bowel movement in morning , come Friday I had awful diarrhea with stomach cramps, again this settled for 2 days then yesterday had it again.

Went to the docs they said could be gastroenteritis, I’m not convinced. I’m freaking out about colon cancer. I’ve lost my appetite, burping. Scared to eat, I’m at work all day tomorrow don’t know what to do

nomorepanic
20-06-19, 12:22
Trust the doctor and see how it goes?

Could be indigestion/acid reflux/IBS - who knows?

What did the doctor say to do?

Lady123
20-06-19, 13:02
The nurse said just see how it goes.

Do these symptoms sound like colon cancer. Everything I’ve read says it could be. She felt around my tummy and listened to it and said it all seems fine but how can she tell just like that

nomorepanic
20-06-19, 13:43
Nope they don't sound like cancer.

Just see how it goes.

Lady123
03-07-19, 08:34
As yep I’m freaking out! I was slightly constipated for 2 days after taking codeine. But what’s the small dark lump about???

Mom2FourKiddos
03-07-19, 08:36
Sounds like a hemorrhoid. No worries. So common and normal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Lady123
03-07-19, 08:49
Thank you thank you thank you!!! Any idea why one is darker?

Mom2FourKiddos
03-07-19, 08:53
Yes, they're swollen and inflamed veins. Which are filled with blood. It's normal for them to be darker in color.

Lady123
03-07-19, 09:00
Sorry one more question, one isn’t dark, is that normal too??

Mom2FourKiddos
03-07-19, 09:01
Yes, in my experience with them, it is. I've had both before.

Lady123
03-07-19, 09:07
[QUOTE=Mom2FourKiddos;1882538]Yes, in my experience with them, it is. I've had both before.

Thanks so much, really appreciate you replying and putting my mind at some ease! Maybe I will concentrate at work now!

Mom2FourKiddos
03-07-19, 10:44
I'm glad to help. I hope you have a great rest of your day. [emoji3059]

Lady123
03-07-19, 21:02
Some sites I’ve read say that you don’t necessarily get blood all the time. What about the changes in bowel movements would they come and go too?

I hd diarrhea 2 weeks ago, normal stool for almost 2 weeks followed by 2 days of constipation (caused by codeine I think) followed by diarrhea again today.

So the almost 2 weeks of normal once a day similar timing bowel movement, should I take comfort from that or can that happen with colon cancer?

Fishmanpa
03-07-19, 21:09
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

Gee
04-07-19, 06:45
I think everything you read says persistent with the symptoms - I asked the GP if that’s true about the blood and she said certainly yes, she also said anxiety effects our tummy hugely, and water intake/food .. a touch of IBS or a tummy bug- all things much more likely that a cancer xx

I should take my own advice 🙄

Lady123
04-07-19, 07:23
Thanks both, I’m just beside myself with worry. My husband is working away overnight so I’m going to be alone and dreading it. Can’t think logically, really hate feeling like this

Lady123
04-07-19, 10:03
So to update I went to the gp today, she has asked for a stool sample, also asked what she thinks it is and she said ibs but they have to rule out cancer first. I’m so stressed!!

Lady123
04-07-19, 10:40
I’m so worried, so so so worried I can barely move. Went to docs today as I’ve had reoccurring diahrrea for 4 weeks, also bit of blood and a lump near anus. She checked for Hemorrhoids and I don’t have them!

So whats the blood about?? And the lump? I’m so worried. I have a little boy and he’s my life the thought that I won’t see him grow up just tears me apart.

He gp has requested a stool sample.

Any advice would be appreciated so very much

Elen
04-07-19, 12:04
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Lady123
11-07-19, 07:01
This is my 6th week of random explosive watery diarrhea, still waiting for stool sample results I’m so scared!!

Elen
11-07-19, 08:01
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

jojo2316
11-07-19, 08:32
It does sound very IBS-y..... but I understand your stress. Let us know when your results arrive.
xx

Lady123
11-07-19, 09:09
I just phoned the gp surgery and they said it’s all normal, so I asked what the calprotectin level was and the receptionist said she can’t see that on the list?! On my paperwork that went with the stool sample it did request calprotectin and some other things like parasites/ bacteria etc. Do you think they will send the calprotectin results seperatley or that the receptionist just couldn’t see it?

Gee
11-07-19, 11:27
Sounds really positive hun! I’m waiting on a private FIT tests result to try and chill me out!

Lady123
11-07-19, 11:52
Just went to surgery and the calprotectin results will come after :( so more waiting and going crazy in the mean time! Ahhh you did it! Good for you! Keep me posted I’m sure it will be fine xx

Toby2000
11-07-19, 13:35
I’m freaking out what does this mean?? I had a bowel movement 5 minutes after which looked normal but what was this clear mucous on the tissue before the bowel movement??

Why would this be bowel cancer? That's like sneezing and assuming it's nasal cancer. Mucus is normal, especially when it's clear.. anxiety sufferers also tend to get more of it for some reason.

Lady123
11-07-19, 14:29
I know have diarrhea with white mucus, I don’t know what’s causing the diarrhea, ever time I look online it says reoccurring diahhrea that has mucus is symptom of colon cancer

nomorepanic
11-07-19, 15:41
It can be a symptom not it is

IBS causes this

PiaR
07-09-19, 11:45
Lady123

How are you feeling and what did the results say?

Lady123
09-09-19, 07:41
I’ve not had any tests as the gp didn’t carry out the calprotectin tests, I’m considering a private colonoscopy.