PDA

View Full Version : Can you give yourself symptoms?.

NewYorkgirl
11-07-19, 13:55
Is it possible to 'give yourself' the symptoms of what your worrying about?. I don't know why my latest worry is Ovarian Cancer but I now seem to have put on tummy weight even though I'm eating less. I seem to be weeing more than I'm drinking. Sometimes I'm bloated. I'm constantly checking my tummy to see if it's sticking out more. I think I'm more tired than I should be. I'm on 10mg of Citalopram and I'm scared to go back to the doctor's incase they disregard meand my concerns because if my health anxiety.

Fishmanpa
11-07-19, 15:37
Is it possible to 'give yourself' the symptoms of what your worrying about?

Absolutely! There are 100's and 100's of threads/posts about it. The mind is very powerful.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
11-07-19, 15:43
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

NewYorkgirl
12-07-19, 15:28
Thank you...I hate that I have asked for reassurance because that's all this is. But thank you anyway

Nicole0134
12-07-19, 18:32
I think it's fine to ask for reassurance - surely that's a lot of what this site is about? And agree - once you start hyper-focussing on something you can convince yourself you have anything.....

pulisa
12-07-19, 19:41
Thank you...I hate that I have asked for reassurance because that's all this is. But thank you anyway

Good for you for admitting that you are seeking reassurance. It's only natural and not a "crime"..only when it becomes a habit on here and keeps you in the HA cycle.