PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

hedgebetty
18-09-07, 12:17
Hello, I'm new to this site too.
I am in my third week off work with dizziness, headaches and a sense of being unbalanced on the right-hand side of my body. All kicked off a month ago with a sudden attack of "listing" to one side and numb brain.
So far have racked up two panic attacks (seen at A and E) and an assessment with the psychiatric community nurse..waiting to see anxiety counsellor for CBT.
I think the Dr. is convinced it is anxiety and stress, but then they started talking about inner ear virus...but trip to ENT consultant inconclusive so she has referred me for routine MRI scan ie they do not believe it is anything to worry about.
Of course now I am absolutely paranoid that this is a brain tumour.
good to chat to anybody feeling as paranoid and out of control about this as me. All I want is to get back to normality.

I work as a customer relations manager in a busy and stressful environment and have had a stressful year generally - two friends died suddenly, son off to University etc etc.

hello to everybody out there!:)

groovygranny
18-09-07, 13:23
Hello hedgebetty:welcome:to you!

My, no wonder you're off work :huh:

But you're sure to get plenty of help and support here which will help you on your road to recovery - glad you found us.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

hedgebetty
18-09-07, 13:41
Good to meet you too. this site looks good and lost of useful info.
I'll be checking in a few times.
It will be great to get my life back on track...even if that means going back to the chaos that is work!

manmoor
18-09-07, 15:00
Hi Hedgebetty,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

trac67
18-09-07, 16:20
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
18-09-07, 19:16
Hi Betty

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

honeybee3939
18-09-07, 19:19
Hi Betty

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get lots of great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Southern_Belle
18-09-07, 20:24
Hi Betty,

Welcome to NMP. You will find many here who feel like you do and the support you need. Our chat room is a great place to meet people.

Hugs,

Laura

Nibbles
18-09-07, 21:38
Hi Hedgebetty and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

KrazyKaz07
19-09-07, 11:06
Hello Hedgebetty,

A very big warm :welcome: to you.

Lindalou64
19-09-07, 12:43
Hello Hedgebetty And Welcome.............linda