PDA

View Full Version : post about self harm

Miffy
18-09-07, 12:18
hey all - i thought i would write on here and say something as i just went out to car at work and heated up the lighter and put it on my arm twice, its gone all numb and burnt through the skin, why do i like doing this?

i wanna forget about my ex and not worry on fri and sat what she is doing, and not feel this compulsion to HAVE to go out. it drives me nuts, and im not sure it is gonna go away - thats what scares me. I'm close to tears cuz i just want her to go away out of my mind, be gone and leave her in the past, i wanna feel in love again but not out of control and it hurts so bad when im alone like this - for all th stars in the sky and all the grains of sand on the beaches there has to be someone else out there who i will feel that way about - memories like the tides just keep washing in......please help.
Miff xx

Karen
18-09-07, 12:28
Hi Miffy

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. I don't think it is that you like causing yourself self harm - it is more that is blocks out the difficult emotions caused by the way you feel about your ex.

Do you think that could be the case? In the absence of a healthier way you cause physical pain to yourself instead. Tell me if I am completely wrong; it is just I have a tendency to cause myself physical harm when emotional feelings get overwhelming too.

Have you read the information on this site about self harm? It might have some information and suggestions you could consider and perhaps give a try. Worth a go do you think?

I hope the injuries heal soon and you can know others do feel as you do. You are not the only one to cope in this way.

Hugs :hugs:

Karen x

Janieb
19-09-07, 16:22
Hi Miff,

I used to have the same problem a couple of years ago. I felt like my head was going to explode if I didn't get back with my boyfriend at the time we had, had a long history together. But I ended up meeting some really great people!! your friends should be able to help you at this time, go out and have fun enjoy your space which you have. Don't hurt yourself because the pain is still there in the end not to mention the scars. I look at my self harm scars and certainly am not proud of them. And don't feel scared to lean on people in this time of need.

The one thing which I did enjoy doing oh my own at the time was going down the gym. Turn your loneliness into something positive.

Good luck! and hope you will feel better soon. If one door closes another one opens.

Take care,
Jane

Chloe21
25-09-07, 21:37
Hey!

I've had trouble with self-harm and have recently overcome an addiction. I understand how hard it can be to stop. But what I found helpful was having someone to tell; it doesn't matter who this person is as long as you can trust them. (And obviously you have to be sure that you are comfortable telling them). For me, telling someone made it less of a big deal inside my head, and I was surprised at how supportive people can be - the person I told was shocked at first, but soon became a rock. This is my advice, I don't know whether this would work for you or not, but my thoughts are with you! :)