PDA

View Full Version : Can’t stop worrying about MND

Murphy93
16-07-19, 15:36
Hi all, I know I sound like a broken record just having a really bad day today - i have been twitching for 6 months now and I am going out of my mind I’m so worried I have MND at 29! My whole body seems to be aching on and off and I can’t shake fear

I keep self testing myself daily to make sure I can lift weights and jump up stairs

It’s a nightmare

BlueIris
16-07-19, 15:38
Are you getting help for your anxiety?

Murphy93
16-07-19, 15:48
Hi Blue iris I’m currently on citolapram and was doing so well to be honest I stupidly read an article which has triggered me

Yourboymj99
16-07-19, 19:09
Hey Murphy93,

I'm sorry your worried. You might be best to weather this storm out and let it pass. You said you were doing well and the Citolapram was helping. But then you were triggered. I've alway felt meds were more of a bandage so to speak. They cover the wound but they will not heal the wound. You should really try to change your mindset in regards to your fear of MND. Try to start a new hobby, spend time with friends, maybe charity work. Anything that will help you move on and resist the urge to lookup and read anything that is going to trigger your fear. Before you know it it will be easier and your fear will be further behind you. I just feel anxiety is a part of a person and only that person can fix it. Good luck and take care.

Murphy93
16-07-19, 22:14
Hey Murphy93,

I'm sorry your worried. You might be best to weather this storm out and let it pass. You said you were doing well and the Citolapram was helping. But then you were triggered. I've alway felt meds were more of a bandage so to speak. They cover the wound but they will not heal the wound. You should really try to change your mindset in regards to your fear of MND. Try to start a new hobby, spend time with friends, maybe charity work. Anything that will help you move on and resist the urge to lookup and read anything that is going to trigger your fear. Before you know it it will be easier and your fear will be further behind you. I just feel anxiety is a part of a person and only that person can fix it. Good luck and take care.

Thank you for the support Yourboy I’m so down about how I’ve been feeling the past 7 months. Thought I was over it but guess I’m not - I genuinely feel I’ve put my body through so much stress I’m shaking I’m sore all over it’s horrible yet still jump to als conclusions .

I know medication isn’t always the answer I am definitely going to consider your advice!

its1111
06-08-19, 17:19
I have been twitching for almost a year as well...has yours let up at all? I had blood work, which came back fine. Now my dr. wants to send me to a neurologist, so I'm freaking out!

Murphy93
15-10-19, 22:27
Hi all, I hope you are doing good,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted and I honestly thought I was getting better,

Had a major set back today I’m terms of my anxiety and now I am again Analysing everything going on with my body.

I still have awful all over body tremors, twitching and muscle pain, got myself into such a state tonight back down the als route .

Spent the full night strength testing as usual, 10 months and counting - I’ve nearly wasted a whole year of my life on this worry .

Sorry for going on just hoping someone was able to lend some words of wisdom for me tonight or some tough love actually!

Carys
15-10-19, 22:35
10 months of thinking you have ALS ? Well, by now you'd probably be using a wheelchair is you had ALS ! You don't have it, and never did have it, and to be frank with you (you wanted tough love lol) wasting every single evening strength testing is astonishing, aren't you bored of it by now all that testing ? Even people with ALS don't waste every evening testing or worrying about their condition, meaning most are living a better quality of life than you. There is no ALS, what there is are 'pure and simple' physical symptoms of anxiety.

Yourboymj99
16-10-19, 05:25
Hey Murphy,

Im sorry to hear you've had a setback and fell back into the hole. Remember, it's only a setback. It happens. Body tremors, twitching and muscle pain are all common symptoms of anxiety. I've got a broad knowledge of the neuromuscular system due to my profession and trust me, you do not have ALS. I've even had a few setbacks. Someone will ask me "how can you suffer from health anxiety" with the work you do? Like I said before, it's a part of me and from time to time anxiety will catch me off guard and I have to work through it. Just like most everyone else on this forum. Picture yourself not reacting to the feelings you've been experiencing. Go grab a drink with a friend or go visit your family. Start a new hobby or anything to keep you busy and not so focused on what you feel and fear. Live like you feel great and you will start to feel great. Hang in there, this will pass. Your going to be fine.

Take care

Murphy93
16-10-19, 22:15
A big thank you to you both for replying! It really does mean so much and I more than needed that tough love Carys Lol!

Hi your boy it’s comforting to know you have experience in this profession and I really appreciate your words,

I went to the gym this morning and worked out for an hour - I gave it my all and boy do I feel better for doing so

It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the thoughts of my head that I forgot how to function normally

Guess I will just need to take this one day at a time and hopefully slowly recover from this

Carys
17-10-19, 07:20
I went to the gym this morning and worked out for an hour - I gave it my all and boy do I feel better for doing so

It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the thoughts of my head that I forgot how to function normally

Guess I will just need to take this one day at a time and hopefully slowly recover from this

Wow, well done you - I think you are making brilliant progress on 'recovering from it' already. A get up and go attitude and distraction are the best attributes needed at this time.

Murphy93
27-10-19, 20:36
Having a bad night tonight read an article in the news which has triggered me now I am in a panic .

I wish I could stop worrying about this but I don’t know how to

Murphy93
27-10-19, 21:21
Is anyone available to chat - I’m having a bit of a panic attack tonight and need tips to calm down

Murphy93
23-11-19, 00:27
Hi all

Just having a real bad couple of days Again and I am absolutely fed up Of living my life like this.

I have literally been worried sick since the end of January this year that I have MND and here I am ...still here!

I’m so angry at myself for letting this get on top of me, some days I am doing so well and then there’s days where I just want to fall apart.

I’m dragging myself through life at the moment and just don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to get it in my head that I am ok ?

For people that I have been down this rabbit hole , how does it end please let me know how you did it and got out the other side,

Healthy anxiety is winning again at the moment and my anxiety is becoming a full time job, I am In tears alone on a Friday night.

ErinKC
23-11-19, 02:33
I got out with therapy. I was as far down as I could go and that's what got me out. And work. You can't stop working on it. I have seen a therapist on and off since 2015 and now have one I see once a month to stay on top of things. I wouldn't have made it through without that. I also know many, many people who are incredibly successful with medication. Either way, start by either talking to your doctor or looking into therapists. Don't expect you can do this alone.

BlueIris
23-11-19, 04:51
Drugs, CBT and bloody-mindedness. I had to hit the point where the desire to not be miserable outweighed the fear.

Murphy93
23-11-19, 21:24
Thank you for replying to me , I think it’s time I seek professional help and medication I see no way out from this

ErinKC
24-11-19, 03:26
Thank you for replying to me , I think it’s time I seek professional help and medication I see no way out from this

Yes - there is no reason to take your mental health any less seriously than your physical health. Just like sometimes we get illnesses that our body is able to fight off on its own and other times we need to see professional help or take medication, sometimes our mental/emotional health reaches a point where we can't recover on our own. There are so many resources out there and no reason to keep needlessly suffering!! Good luck!!

Murphy93
27-11-19, 23:48
I am suffering a serious setback and I don’t know what to do with myself I can feel a panic attack coming on and i am alone myself not sure how to stop it.

I honestly can’t stop worrying about MND - it’s taken 11 months of my life now and I am a mess still, I’m not sure how I can continue like this .

Really think I’m at my rock bottom

BackRoads
28-11-19, 00:25
What symptoms are you experiencing? Sorry to hear you are going through this. Healthy anxiety sucks.

Murphy93
28-11-19, 00:30
Hi back roads thank you for replying to me , I’m literally at my wits end with this.

All over twitching for 11 months now! Can’t shift it can’t seem to think it’s anything else other than this scary illness,

Now I’m having the classic symptoms of an anxiety attack and just trying to get myself back under control :(

BackRoads
28-11-19, 01:55
I've been twitching for over 3 years. It sucks. Wish we could find a remedy. So far, I haven't found anything that clearly helps.

Scaredtoo
29-11-19, 17:06
Yes yes yes. Been where you are. Finally sought medication and am on meds and I see my therapist weekly. It’s a miserable feeling. I just got to the point where I felt like I owed it to my family to be the best me. Get some help. It will help you. In the meantime start by reading some of the free CBT books on here. You can get better. And when you are better you can relapse. But learning how to cope when the shadows creep in makes a huge difference

Elsa_Alkaseltzer
29-11-19, 23:41
I really feel for you and can relate to your post. I’m going through a terrible time right now and wonder each day how I’m going to make it through. I am scheduled to start seeing an OCD therapist next week. But I am still sure I have a particular disease and can’t imagine ever being free from it. I wish I had good advice ... I would say to certainly look into meds and therapy, because your life is worth fighting for. Here’s hoping we can find peace.

BackRoads
30-11-19, 17:42
Yes yes yes. Been where you are. Finally sought medication and am on meds and I see my therapist weekly. It’s a miserable feeling. I just got to the point where I felt like I owed it to my family to be the best me. Get some help. It will help you. In the meantime start by reading some of the free CBT books on here. You can get better. And when you are better you can relapse. But learning how to cope when the shadows creep in makes a huge difference

If you don't mind my asking, what type of medication helped you the most?

Scaredtoo
30-11-19, 19:47
If you don't mind my asking, what type of medication helped you the most?
No I don’t mind at all. Currently I’m on Wellbutrin and Zoloft together. Now I know some people
Question this combo as one can amp up your anxiety but for me it’s the right combo. It literally keeps me from shutting down. Like right now I’m very panicked and scared about something but I’m still able to function and be somewhat rational without going off the rails. I also have Ativan and Xanax as needed but I really try to avoid taking those unless I’m having a full blown panic meltdown

Murphy93
01-12-19, 12:10
Hi all thanks for the replies , I hate that we are all feeling like this but it’s nice we can support each other, anxiety is an awful awful burden . I have had a terrible month and I don’t even know why . Have managed to get my fears some what under control then it just comes back with a vengeance . Today first day of a new month and I am going to try and enjoy this festive season ! I agree regarding medication I think I may visit docs - I’ve avoided them for 11 months now but may have to give in and ask for help . I started the cbt work books last night many thanks for the tips . I feel like I have leg myself down by getting in such a state this year. I have literally wasted the whole year worrying about a rare disease . I remember stupidly googling on the 1st January 2019 and Almost a year later here I am . I’ve spent most of my time consumed with these thoughts and just surviving rather than enjoying life I cannot go into another year like that

Murphy93
09-12-19, 21:44
I’m under immense stress just now and feel that my anxiety is crippling me . The one I am struggling with big time is the all over twitching and internal vibration feeling.

Does anyone have any success stories of how they beat these symptoms,

I feel like I’m at breaking point, I live alone with no one to talk to and really am feeling so down about life it’s reducing me to tears every night. I’m so worked up

BackRoads
11-12-19, 17:39
I’m under immense stress just now and feel that my anxiety is crippling me . The one I am struggling with big time is the all over twitching and internal vibration feeling.

Does anyone have any success stories of how they beat these symptoms,

I feel like I’m at breaking point, I live alone with no one to talk to and really am feeling so down about life it’s reducing me to tears every night. I’m so worked up

Sorry you are going through this. I wish we could find more success stories. I've been struggling with this for over 3 years. My anxiety is sky high.

Murphy93
16-12-19, 23:29
I’ve had a terrible past couple of days , feel like I’m never going to get out of this rabbit hole - this is the worst I have ever felt, and it’s coming up to a year now. A whole year wasted .

I’m so tense and terrified all the time and the twitching is still there after 11 months .

Had another panic attack last night and honestly could just burst into tears .

I am going to go back to my doctor tomorrow as I can’t continue like this

The ALS rabbit hole is one the worst and i am still convinced something serious is going on .

Has anyone had experience of twitching for this long and had any success stories ?

Fishmanpa
17-12-19, 01:27
Has anyone had experience of twitching for this long and had any success stories ?

Not one of any of the ALS posters has ever actually had it :winks:

Positive thoughts

Murphy93
17-12-19, 20:29
Thanks Fishmanpa ☺️ I really do hate that I get myself into this awful state sometimes .i hope I can get Over this

Murphy93
22-12-19, 11:43
So today marks a whole year of worrying . One whole year ago I started to obsess over MND and I am ashamed to say I still am .

Having a bit of a panicky morning and I wish I could move on with my life

Please someone tell me straight

Elen
22-12-19, 13:16
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Murphy93
31-12-19, 04:33
Hi all

I am really struggling I mean really really struggling with this fear and have done for one year now,

I am lying wide awake and been looking thorough the archives for some comfort. I see a lot of users posting “ I had this fear years ago - I remember having the fear “

My question is how do you get over it ? How do I make it a distant memory. Is it the passage of time

I have been twitching for one year now and my anxiety is literally sky high I’ve been barely living just getting through each day I’m so nervous al the time and feel so sick . I barely want to plan for the future .

Any words of wisdom would be truly welcomed I don’t want to go into another year like this - I also turn 30 this year and would love to not be in this mess .

BlueIris
31-12-19, 07:51
Honestly? You acknowledge its existence and then you redirect your attention towards something more positive and productive. At first, you might have to do it several times a minute, but time will make it easier.

If you're not already on meds, an antidepressant can really help if it's too tough to manage on your own.

nomorepanic
31-12-19, 10:28
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
31-12-19, 12:14
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Murphy93
31-12-19, 12:20
Honestly? You acknowledge its existence and then you redirect your attention towards something more positive and productive. At first, you might have to do it several times a minute, but time will make it easier.

If you're not already on meds, an antidepressant can really help if it's too tough to manage on your own.

Thank you for the reply Blue Iris I appreciate it :)

Fishmanpa
31-12-19, 12:32
Thank you for the reply Blue Iris I appreciate it :)

Why not show your appreciation and act on the pages of advice you've received throughout the last year?

Positive thoughts

Murphy93
01-01-20, 20:11
Why not show your appreciation and act on the pages of advice you've received throughout the last year?

Positive thoughts

I agree I totally should and I am so grateful to the guys on here for the advice yourself included :)

Wish my brain would just accept it for what it is

I hope no one thinks I’m ignorant or ignoring previous advise I am just so lost In this rabbit hole that I don’t know how to get out .

Adam1987
02-01-20, 13:42
I'm with you mate. My worries started after I injured my neck in July and my arms started going funny. Coming up to 6 months now. Last few weeks my legs have been aching and getting weird tingling and burning sensations too. Now I just ache all over in my limbs. I seemingly have tennis elbow in both arms and have my legs just cramp up all the time now. The anxiety turns to depression. I dont know how to stop it. I've recently started taking mirtazapine which helps with my sleep but I think it makes the aches worse. I twitch all over too. Sometimes I feel like I'm just waiting for a limb to go limp. I've read the sticky on here and it reassures me as I'm in pain and that points to anxiety more than anything but the reassurance doesn't last long. Hope this year is better for you.

Murphy93
02-01-20, 16:03
Hi Adam

I totally know how you feel, it’s exhausting waiting for something to happen ( which probably won’t happen lol )

I totally know how you feel that’s me a year now of twitching , today my muscles are sore and burning but I am telling myself it’s anxiety and lack of sleep.

It’s crazy how the mind controls the body, I genuinely believe it can produce symptoms of the disease you fear - it happened to me seven years ago and no surprises it never came to anything .

I am going to go to the Doctors and ask for some medication as I don’t think I could endure another year like the last . It’s mentally draining and totally hindering my quality of life .

Logic, research and this forum tells me we are both fine after such a long period of time but hey it’s anxiety right that would be too easy for us to accept :)

I hope you feel better and get over this soon you really don’t want to waste a year like myself :( it’s devastating to look back on now in hindsight .

I remember telling myself 6 months ago once I got to that stage I would stop worrying and I have just continued to expand the time frame

Surrounding myself with family and friends has been a good distraction for me as I hardly notice my symptoms, I also have been working out daily that’s a great stress reliever

Anyway feel free to message me whenever you are struggling because I totally sympathise .

TK09
02-01-20, 16:43
Hi Murphy93,

Firstly I am sorry you are feeling these things. I was also worrying about MND, I actually booked an appointment with my GP and went this morning. I am in my mid 30's, pretty healthy and fit. She didn't even do a physical on me as she knew straight away it wasn't a neurological disease. She even said to me in her 27years of practising medicine that she has only ever encountered ONE case of MND. I was just going through some pretty rough general anxiety symptoms and a tired mind was easy to deceive with DR.GOOGLE! I really do suggest you stay off the internet. It fuelled my obsession with symptoms and sensations and illnesses. I also think if you haven't already read it, then give this thread a read. https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?232384-ALS-and-why-you-DON-T-have-it!&highlight=fear+als It really did help me to understand. As the post suggests, MND is about failure and not failing. So if you are twitching and this is the only symptom, then it is highly unlikely that you have MND. MND is about the nerves that talk to the muscles to tell them to move. From what I understand MND effects the link between the brain and the muscles. When the links dies then so does the connection from the brain to that associated muscle. As suggested in the article:

I really suggest you speak to your GP and look at getting some help to control and aid your recovery from health anxiety as it sounds like you are really stressed and anxious. I have been there buddy, like I said only today I went to the GP for the EXACT same reasons (and to also get signed up to CBT - which was the main reason for me going). I have minor twitching and my legs and arms felt weak. I feel ashamed to have gone to the GP and share my concerns about MND to be honest. I know there are people out there really suffering with MND :( Anxiety is a selfish thing sometimes, but thats why we have forums like this so we can all pull together and try help eachother :) it'll all be ok.

Murphy93
02-01-20, 17:08
Hi TK09

Thank you so much for this message, it’s kind of you to offer your thoughts

I’m so sorry you had been going through this too it really is hell ! I am only 29 and otherwise fit and healthy so really I know I should be feeling like the odds are in my favour .

That’s exactly how I feel with regards to being embarrassed I am embarrassed to tell my gp I am suffering with this fear I feel quite selfish about it but I feel I have to go down and just admit I am struggling!

I’ve never spoke to anyone about how I am feeling and it’s exhausting keeping it to myself while trying to function normally In the real world .

I’m making an appointment tomrorow and hopefully I get the same response as you did :)

Thanks for reaching out to me it’s nice to not have to suffer alone

TK09
02-01-20, 17:19
Hi TK09

Thank you so much for this message, it’s kind of you to offer your thoughts

I’m so sorry you had been going through this too it really is hell ! I am only 29 and otherwise fit and healthy so really I know I should be feeling like the odds are in my favour .

That’s exactly how I feel with regards to being embarrassed I am embarrassed to tell my gp I am suffering with this fear I feel quite selfish about it but I feel I have to go down and just admit I am struggling!

I’ve never spoke to anyone about how I am feeling and it’s exhausting keeping it to myself while trying to function normally In the real world .

I’m making an appointment tomrorow and hopefully I get the same response as you did :)

Thanks for reaching out to me it’s nice to not have to suffer alone

I am only 3years older than you, so our situations are not too dissimilar. Don't feel embarrassed. We are all different and we all function differently. Humans though were not designed to deal with chronic stress, it really can be detrimental to our physical health in the long run. Not trying to scare anybody, just stating facts. So the key thing is to really work on reducing the stress we cause ourselves by chronically worrying about health. Talking about it and focusing on how to stop the chronic worry is a great start, and the GP will really help you. Have you heard or read a book called the worry trick? I highly recommend it. It really helped me in my initial stages of chronic health worry. :)

Murphy93
02-01-20, 17:29
I am only 3years older than you, so our situations are not too dissimilar. Don't feel embarrassed. We are all different and we all function differently. Humans though were not designed to deal with chronic stress, it really can be detrimental to our physical health in the long run. Not trying to scare anybody, just stating facts. So the key thing is to really work on reducing the stress we cause ourselves by chronically worrying about health. Talking about it and focusing on how to stop the chronic worry is a great start, and the GP will really help you. Have you heard or read a book called the worry trick? I highly recommend it. It really helped me in my initial stages of chronic health worry. :)

I haven’t heard of that one! Funny you should say that as I was googling some self help books to order so might give that one a go to try and get back on track :) thank you!

Totally agree with the stress doing some damage I already have chronic hypertension which I have to take meds for they say it’s genetic but I think living with chronic anxiety really has spiked it !

Adam1987
02-01-20, 17:35
Thanks Murphy. I've suffered with HA for a fair few years now and only in the last month have taken the plunge with medicine. It used to be cancers and what not but MND really kicked off my anxiety like never before 6 months ago. I take mirtazapine which is kind of like a strong antihistamine and it really helps with sleeping. I was doing CBT but had to change GP and haven't rearranged a new therapist but I dont think it helped me a great deal but people do talk about different therapists help different people. The doctor I saw before Xmas who put me in these tablets took a look at me when I mentioned i was worried about MND/MS and he took one look at me and said you dont look like someone with those conditions. I've seen countless other health professionals in the last 6 months as well who have done various physical tests on me and had no concerns, and this was sometimes because of ongoing neck and back issues but the same tests are done for neurological conditions. That said the what if factor always creeps in and it's hard to quieten down. I have the arches, tingling and weakness in all limbs but logic tells me things dont work like that in all limbs it would be concentrated to one. But logic only usually has a smaller voice in our minds unfortunately.

Fishmanpa
02-01-20, 22:10
But logic only usually has a smaller voice in our minds unfortunately.

The positive takeaway from what I've seen posted is the self-awareness of what the real culprit is here. Yes, the dragon is going to breath fire down your neck any chance he gets BUT, you recognize it as anxiety and still hear that smaller voice.

Consider yourselves fortunate that you still hear that voice as many here have allowed the dragon to cause hearing loss :whistles: For many people that practice faith, the "Still Small Voice" (https://www.gotquestions.org/still-small-voice.html) is that smidgen of hope and reason. It's those reasons and hopes we need to grab onto with both hands when things seem to be out of our control.

Positive thoughts

Murphy93
08-05-20, 20:08
Does anyone else experience this at all ? Like an internal tremor especially when I wake up in the
Morning it’s really bad ! It eases during the day but I still feel quite shaky a lot of the time.

Worried about it - I’ve been living with it for over a year now but can’t get any explanation

ankietyjoe
08-05-20, 20:32
Does anyone else experience this at all ? Like an internal tremor especially when I wake up in the
Morning it’s really bad ! It eases during the day but I still feel quite shaky a lot of the time.

Worried about it - I’ve been living with it for over a year now but can’t get any explanation

It's anxiety. Nothing to worry about, high levels of cortisol in the morning.

Best thing to do is get up and move about as soon as possible to burn it off.

Murphy93
08-05-20, 21:39
Thank you!!! 😊

RVP
09-05-20, 11:16
Wow just saw your post, I literally just posted the same thing that I have been facing for a few nights, mine is more apparent when I'm lying down but it's constant! horrible and stops me from sleeping.

Scooter86
09-05-20, 21:32
Are these tremors almost like a buzzing feeling throughout your arms legs and body? If so I get woken up about 2-3 times a night with these lately. It’s been about two weeks for me. Unfortunately with anxiety it’s the chicken or the egg problem - I worry that it’s some underlying health problem that spikes my anxiety but for all I know it could be my anxiety spiking the symptoms. I guess if I have to think of what’s probable it would be the latter. I’ve never had a big health worry ever come true, it always ends up being anxiety. Doesn’t make it any easier though!

Hope we all get a good night sleep soon!

Murphy93
12-05-20, 22:26
I feel so stressed tonight as I am still worrying about MND . This week I have been feeling so weak feel like my arms and legs are heavy and I just don’t feel myself.

Been lifting my home weights tonight just to prove I still have muscle strength .

17months of twitching now and feeling like this , I’m so anxious I feel sick and so alone.

I know I’m such a broken record . I really need some tough love to snap me out of this

Fishmanpa
12-05-20, 22:46
Been lifting my home weights tonight just to prove I still have muscle strength .

And I assume you do so end of subject ;) Look Murph, you've been on this roller coaster for years. Look back through your history. One other thing that has been as persistent as your fear is you posting about it on an anxiety forum. Just based on that, you know what the deal is.

Positive thoughts

Murphy93
12-05-20, 22:58
Yep I did Fish!

I know - honestly I am a nuisance . It’s the only forum I’ve been on and I don’t tell anyone in my life how bad this has got .

I feel like I’ve lost all logical thinking and wish I could put this to bed .

I promised myself I would have nipped this in the bus at 6 months which would have been last July and I don’t really know how I’m still in this position .

I’m on meds now and really trying but my god I have chosen the worst rabbit hole to be in and I wish I never fell down it .

Fishmanpa
12-05-20, 23:10
The positive is that you recognize it. Now its about throwing wrenches in the gears that get you in the rabbit hole.

Positive thoughts

Murphy93
13-05-20, 00:01
Thank you! :) thanks for always being there to offer kind words

Mango2
14-05-20, 12:41
I've had this quite a lot the last 2-3 years. Scared me out of my mind when it showed up, and Google has a lot of scary explanations for it.
I get this when waking up, mostly after a short nap during the day.

I am confident now that it is anxiety, and as others usually suggest, probably has something to do with the stress hormone cortisol.

AntsyVee
14-05-20, 18:42
They're called myoclonic jerks and they're very common when drifting off to sleep, waking up from sleep, or being suddenly awoken. It's actually not anxiety. It's normal.

If you do a search, there are many posts about this here on NMP.

Here's an article you can check out:
https://www.healthline.com/health/hypnagogic-jerk#symptoms

ankietyjoe
14-05-20, 19:19
They're called myoclonic jerks and they're very common when drifting off to sleep, waking up from sleep, or being suddenly awoken. It's actually not anxiety. It's normal.

If you do a search, there are many posts about this here on NMP.

Here's an article you can check out:
https://www.healthline.com/health/hypnagogic-jerk#symptoms

I don't think that's what the OP is talking about here, but it is very common and nothing to worry about as you say.

I used to wake up with a core tremor like I was sitting on a vibration plate, but I could also have these kind of jerks too. They were different things that happened at separate times.

AntsyVee
14-05-20, 22:17
Yeah, I’ve had them so bad I’ve thought we were having an earthquake just to realize it was only me lol

Katiex
16-05-20, 16:45
Omg I get these too especially if someone wakes me suddenly. They last so long and I feel really shaky and horrible. I'm not sure what they are but I've had them on and off for over 20 years.

AuroraEllaBelle
17-05-20, 19:25
Yes, I get this! Like someone wisely said above, it’s to do with higher levels of cortisol in the morning. It’s annoying, but it’s just a symptom of anxiety. Get up and get it out of your system.
Take care 😊

Murphy93
17-05-20, 19:30
Hi everyone

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! It’s comforting to know I’m not alone in experiencing this. I felt like my GP looked at me as if I was mad when I first mentioned it lol

It’s still happening but it’s been over a year now so I guess it’s just my old pal anxiety again! Now if I could only believe my twitches were the same I might be on a good path

I hope you are all well and safe

Phoenixess
17-05-20, 20:51
Re lying down and tremors/panic I get this really bad at night I think it’s because I am super keyed up during the day so when I come to relax I am not used to it. So I try to do relaxation in bed to get my body adjusted to the tradition of sleep. It seems to work it did last night. So just a idea I thought I’d share xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murphy93
17-05-20, 21:35
Re lying down and tremors/panic I get this really bad at night I think it’s because I am super keyed up during the day so when I come to relax I am not used to it. So I try to do relaxation in bed to get my body adjusted to the tradition of sleep. It seems to work it did last night. So just a idea I thought I’d share xx

I totally know what you mean Phoenixess mines sometimes come on when I’m lying in bed i think it’s all my anxious thoughts. Thanks for the tip I am definitely going to give it a try I will try anything!

This anxiety really is horrible ? Have you had these tremors a while ?

Phoenixess
17-05-20, 21:47
I totally know what you mean Phoenixess mines sometimes come on when I’m lying in bed i think it’s all my anxious thoughts. Thanks for the tip I am definitely going to give it a try I will try anything!

This anxiety really is horrible ? Have you had these tremors a while ?

I get palpatations and tremors like once I didn’t realise I had had a panic attack and I was uncontrollably shaking I kept breathing and the more I breathed deeply the shaking stopped I was like here we go again..... and palpatations and panic I have had for over twelve years so yes.

If I tell myself I am just relaxing I tend to fall to sleep better if I tel myself I am going to sleep I panic?!? Reverse psychology I guess

Radiationworried
21-05-20, 22:22
I used to have a tremor in my hands. It usually improved with breakfast, so maybe low blood sugar?

Of course, it could also be anxiety - which is famous for giving the jitters.

Best to you!

Murphy93
21-05-20, 22:30
I did actually think low blood Sugar too actually ! Is it possible to have low blood sugar for a year and a half without any diagnosis of why ? I have actually been showing a lot of signs of pcos and read that it’s linked to low blood sugar and can cause it so many one explanation !

Not to mention my nerves Are shot to pieces all the time with my health anxiety lol !!

Thank you for the thoughts

Murphy93
25-05-20, 01:36
Hi all

Just wanted to know if anyone can shed some light on twitching as I am currently in a state still over it .

I’ve had it for 17 months now and still can’t shake the MND fear ! It’s awful . Has anyone had it this amount of time and any advise on how to stop worrying about it ?

WiseMonkey
25-05-20, 02:09
They're likely to be benign course fasciculations. I've had them for 25+ years and mine are related to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (neuro-immune/autoimmune condition)

If you've had them for 17 months then this is a good sign it's nothing serious. Anxiety can also cause them and this is probably the main reason people get them. You could try some high strength magnesium which may help.

Murphy93
25-05-20, 02:16
Wow 25 years plus! Thanks wise monkey it’s a relief to know that they can be benign and last that long without being serious .

I don’t know why I just can’t understand that it’s a good sign

I have just bought magnesium hope it works . Also on vit d and folate as those are both extremely low

Elen
25-05-20, 12:59
Hi

Elen

Murphy93
30-08-20, 22:00
Hi all

I hope you are doing good .

It’s over a year now since I wrote this thread and I’m so dissapointed I’m myself that I am still In a state of worry.

I’ve had a good few months on and off where I’ve managed to focus and channel all my energy into anything but anxiety but some some reason it has came back with a vengeance this weekend.

It’s odd how it’s just crops up . So I’m still twitching ( this is 20 months now ) and feeling shaky and weak - the MND fears haven’t subsided and I’m so bloody mad at myself

Anyway guess I’m just having a bad night - I feel lonely and hopeless and having been doing strength tests like a crazy person all night .

Hoping this anxiety attack passes soon as it really is horrible .

Murphy93
08-09-20, 00:29
I feel like anxiety is winning . I’m on medication and trying so so hard to shake my fear but I’m still worries senseless over having a neurological illness . Almost 2 years of my life gone

Sorry to rant guys having a bad night tonight

AntsyVee
08-09-20, 00:43
What dosages are you on of meds? How long? Have you felt any relief? Therapy? Self-help books?

Murphy93
08-09-20, 20:12
Hi there

20mg dosage I’ve bought three self help books and downloaded some apps . I’m so miserable about it all and feeling very worthless that I can’t shake my fear

AntsyVee
08-09-20, 20:46
Have you talked to you doc about your dosage? What med is it?

Murphy93
08-09-20, 21:43
What dosages are you on of meds? How long? Have you felt any relief? Therapy? Self-help books?

Hi Antsy Ved it’s citolapram x I haven’t to be completely honest I know I really should

AntsyVee
09-09-20, 00:29
I think you need to talk with the prescribing doc about dosage. The max dosage is at 40 and there’s always escitalopram which you could try as well if adjusting the dosage doesn’t work.

Murphy93
09-09-20, 22:35
Thank you for that I think I will try and see my doc see if she can help me . I’m in such a dark place just now - being in this forum helps a lot

AntsyVee
10-09-20, 01:22
:hugs:Hang in there. There are sometimes when it's just not going to be easy, but they will pass eventually.

Murphy93
05-10-20, 00:30
Hi everyone ,

I’ve just had such a bad week I wanted to reach out to anyone who will listen.

My anxiety seems to be out of control again and after 21 months I am still twitching it’s driving me insane I feel like I’m losing my mind and constantly feel sick to my stomach that I have als

I’m waking up every morning with dread and I am shaking all over it’s awful . Now I feel like my arms are weak and burning .

I just want to end this nightmare . 30 years old and I am Wasting my life away with worry . I just hope I’m going to be ok .

NoraB
05-10-20, 08:59
Hi everyone ,

My anxiety seems to be out of control again and after 21 months I am still twitching it’s driving me insane I feel like I’m losing my mind and constantly feel sick to my stomach that I have als

I’m waking up every morning with dread and I am shaking all over it’s awful . Now I feel like my arms are weak and burning .

I just want to end this nightmare . 30 years old and I am Wasting my life away with worry . I just hope I’m going to be ok .

So you've been in control for the best part of two years? What's changed? Stressful events, or have you slipped into bad habits re diet and stimulants etc?

nomorepanic
05-10-20, 12:18
Hi

Murphy93
13-10-20, 00:52
So you've been in control for the best part of two years? What's changed? Stressful events, or have you slipped into bad habits re diet and stimulants etc?

Hi Nora I’m so sorry I’m only just seeing this reply. Unfortunately I haven’t been in control the past two years I’ve just been existing and struggling to get by . I would say bad habits is an issue I’m not eating well and drinking a lot more .

I don’t know why After 2 years I’m spiralling back down this rabbit role

Murphy93
15-10-20, 20:08
I’ve been battling my als fears for about 2 years Now , and have my good months and very very bad months.

Today I gave my partner a cuddle and he was joking about how my my arm was twitching, it happened again and he said there’s that wee twitch again I like your wee twitches”

To the normal person this would be totally brushed off but as you can imagine it’s sent me into a spiral - I don’t know if I am subconsciously twitching or just tensing up when hugging but I really need to be talked off the ledge 😟😟 I am spiralling about it even though this arms literally twitched on and off for 22 months I just can’t seem to stop panicking now .

Has anyone else had this experience or noticed a partners wee twitches and shakes ?

Midnight-mouse
15-10-20, 23:05
Both my husband and I twitch, sometimes on and off or sometimes it seems never ending for weeks on end. Small twitches that can be seen and only felt by the person, little twitches like you’re describing and then even huge twitches where a leg or an arm/hand just decides it wants to jump about! Nothing wrong with either of us physically.

NoraB
16-10-20, 06:21
I have intention tremors, muscle twitches and even full body twitching and spasms.

Don't start me on my eye twitch. :scared15:

I thought I had MS, but it turned out to be the lesser evil (though still mega annoying and life affecting) FMS.

Murphy93
16-10-20, 08:50
Thank you both so much .

Nora I suffer massively with internal tremors what was your diagnosis if you don’t mind me asking .

NoraB
16-10-20, 08:53
Thank you both so much .

Nora I suffer massively with internal tremors what was your diagnosis if you don’t mind me asking .

FMS (fibromyalgia)

However, internal tremors are also a symptom of anxiety and it's all to do with the stress response as one would shake when having had a near miss with a car etc.

Murphy93
16-10-20, 09:10
Ah okay! I’m sorry to hear you suffer from FMS I’ve often wondered if I have it too .

I just wish I could start training my brain to believe that after 2 years it’s probably anxiety and not the big scary . It’s just so hard .

NoraB
16-10-20, 09:24
Ah okay! I’m sorry to hear you suffer from FMS I’ve often wondered if I have it too .

I just wish I could start training my brain to believe that after 2 years it’s probably anxiety and not the big scary . It’s just so hard .

It is hard. But if I managed it after six years of severe HA, then you can do after two.

nomorepanic
16-10-20, 09:49
Hi

Anxiety218
26-12-20, 21:04
Hi everyone ,

Hi I was wondering if you ever figured out a diagnosis? I’m 21 and have been experiencing muscle twitches which led me to a ALS down spiral. Any insight would be great

Carys
26-12-20, 21:28
Anxiety I should think.

https://www.healthline.com/health/anxiety-twitching

Anxiety218
26-12-20, 22:45
That’s my hope I’ve struggled with HA before and it runs in my family. It’s started twitching in my upper left arm, and I googled “upper arm twitching” and nothing but ALS came up in the first few results. I cried all day and all last night. I’m only 21, and still have so much to do. I’m suppose to get married in 4 months and was hoping to have a child soon. I’m putting it all on hold. If I have ALS there is no way I can marry him and put him through that. Or have a baby I’m going to have to leave without a mother. I’ve been in bed all day. It’s in my left arm, leg, and right leg. My face on the left side feels stiff which I read could be bulber onset. Could that always be anxiety? Thank you for the reply

Fishmanpa
26-12-20, 23:47
Hi, I too experience tingling which I went to the doctor multiple times about who insist it’s just anxiety which is the most likely answer.

With all due respect, to cancel you wedding over this? I hope you have a very understanding fiancé. What are you doing to treat your HA?

Positive thoughts

Murphy93
26-12-20, 23:59
Hi I was wondering if you ever figured out a diagnosis? I’m 21 and have been experiencing muscle twitches which led me to a ALS down spiral. Any insight would be great

Hi there,

I’m so sorry you are struggling with this it really is awful!

2 years on now for me and I have no diagnosis . apart from anxiety and a vitamin d deficiency but I’m not sure if that’s a reason .

I’ve been doing much better the past 3 months , I’m taking herbal anti anxiety medication and believe it’s definitely helped . I had a 4 week period there where I never twitched at all ! It’s back this month but I am a bit stressed and anxious again , who knows

Please don’t let it take over your life it’s taken over mine for 2 years now . And I’m still worrying to some extent .

Anxiety218
27-12-20, 01:25
With all due respect, to cancel you wedding over this? I hope you have a very understanding fiancé. What are you doing to treat your HA?

Positive thoughts

I would hate to put him through that if I knew I was going to die soon. My worst Fear is this and not being able to do everything we planned (kids etc. ) We’ve been together 7 years. I’ve tried several anti-depressants and none of them worked well enough and last one being Prozac which my doctor took me off because she said She thought an anti depressant wasn’t best for me. So she’s put me on buspar, and I have been doing therapy but it’s closed due to covid rn. I can do a phone session but they aren’t the best for me.

Anxiety218
27-12-20, 01:27
It’s so hard to not believe the worst. Especially when the twitches are so constant and my anxiety takes off with the worst possible. Are you twitches in your upper arms too? Thank you for the reply

Murphy93
30-12-20, 00:50
It’s so hard to not believe the worst. Especially when the twitches are so constant and my anxiety takes off with the worst possible. Are you twitches in your upper arms too? Thank you for the reply

Yep they are in my upper arms , even Butt cheeks ( lol ) , they are everywhere . It’s honestly the worst feeling but looking in this forum lots of people twitch or have done in the past . It’s an incredibly common symptom of anxiety and I struggle myself to train this into my Brain.

I’m trying my best though and just taking one day at a time .

Anxiety218
30-12-20, 19:31
I feel this as well. Even in my rib cage. I went to the doctor today who tested my strength and reflexes. Everything appeared normal, and strong no signs of weakness. He ordered a EMG and nerve conduction tests as well as blood work. Feel good about the no weakness but nervous about the tests. Have you had this Done?

Carys
31-12-20, 14:10
It’s an incredibly common symptom of anxiety

It really is, very very common. Benign fasciculations are tired jangling nerves and muscles, over stimulated and exhausted from tension, adrenaline and general stress. We really shouldn't be surprised that this happens , it you do a repeptitive action that strains you, you will get effects in your joints and muscles, why shouldn't nerves and muscles react to repetitive over stimulation and anxiety ?