PDA

View Full Version : Sense of dread/ impending doom

Decco
17-07-19, 22:43
Hi all over the last few weeks my anxiety has got worse especially in the last few days where i have found it extremely difficult to sleep (3 or so hours a night with waking every hour or so it even goes as bad as half an hour a night), also i have nearly stopped eating completely and have an extremely low appetite, nearly constant nausea/ weird senations in head, and feeling offbalance and slanted to the side and scary thoughts with a sense of impending doom that my head is going to explode or im going to die especially in my sleep nothing i do takes my mind off these problems and its starting to wear away at me giving me a very low mood that i probably have had for many years as i dont enjoy anything. gonna go to see GP tmr to discuss immediate remedies and maybe trying meds as i have had CBT in the past which reduced anxiety but it has come back, i feel i am very well informed etc on anxiety and it seems i am having htese symptoms for no reason. ( am 18 so am meant to be enjoying life so this is verry shitty)

Fishmanpa
17-07-19, 23:29
Very common anxiety symptom. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#The_Fears_going_crazy_of_dying_of_impendi ng_doom_of_normal_things_unusual_feelings_and_emot ions_unusually_frightening_thoughts_or_feelings)

Positive thoughts

Decco
18-07-19, 00:37
yea thanks for the reply even though i know this i cant get these thoughts out of my head and its very frustrating. hopefully i can resolve a few issues with my GP tmr, although it is unlikely as i doubt highly they would prescribe to a 18 y/o hopefully they do though so i can just try it if not major life changes will have to be put in place etc whcih i am ready to do but i feel meds would help me on my way to do this and work as a temp solution as i sort my s*it out

Fishmanpa
18-07-19, 00:46
although it is unlikely as i doubt highly they would prescribe to a 18 y/o

My daughter went on meds (with therapy) at 18. Speak to your GP about your anxiety and ask for help.

Positive thoughts