PDA

View Full Version : Weird pain when urinating

THoltz
18-07-19, 13:28
Hello Everyone,

So this morning I woke up and went to use the bathroom and noticed I had some slight pain when urinating. Nothing sharp or excruciating but noticeable nonetheless. no blood or anything else. I did have some hip/pelvis last night. I attributed that to playing golf yesterday. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

I am a 28 year old and my mind is jumping to UTi or IC but those are rare for men.
Does anyone know what this could be?
I just had my annual exam two days. Most of the tests came back normal but I have to call the doctors office for my urinalysis results when they open in an hour or so.

Fishmanpa
18-07-19, 13:37
I have to call the doctors office for my urinalysis results when they open in an hour or so.

Just ask the doctor in an hour or so.

Positive thoughts

THoltz
18-07-19, 14:29
Just ask the doctor in an hour or so.

Positive thoughts

So I called my doctors office and the my urinanalysis results were normal so I don't know what this weird burning sensation is when I go to the bathroom. It seems to be getting slightly better as the morning goes on but still is annoying. I don't have any other pains at the moment.

nomorepanic
18-07-19, 14:42
Drink more water and see how it goes - watch and see as they say

THoltz
18-07-19, 14:43
Drink more water and see how it goes - watch and see as they say
I just went to the bathroom and had no pain. I have been drinking water and coffee so I guess that flushed it out.

nomorepanic
18-07-19, 15:14
Coffee is not good for potential urine infections so I would stop that.

angstsoup
19-07-19, 04:30
Hi THoltz

Glad to hear your urine test was normal
You are correct, UTi's are less common in men and me being female have always been predisposed to them. I have chronic UTI's.
Nicola is correct. Coffee irritates the bladder as does citrus, chocolate, tea etc.
I not only have the med asst dip my urine in the office but I also request that they send it out for culture. I do this as sometimes when they dipped in the office it was neg but when cultured it came back positive
I have gotten into the habit of drinking tons of water a day. I use this hard plastic reusable cup with a screw on lid and reusable straw. It can be found at dollar stores, supermarkets, Target and Walmart. I fill it up and drink it and then re fill again and again
Take a probiotic daily, 1,000 mgs of Vit C - all recd by my urologist
Hope this has helped