PDA

View Full Version : Worried about.... I don't know what

Flapj
18-07-19, 13:43
I think I've reached peak absurdity with my HA. I went to my doctor last month about some spasms in my fingers and being the thorough type, he ordered MRIs (head, c-spine, and lumbar), an EEG, and routine blood labs. I've done all the tests but have not yet heard back. I am scheduled to meet with him to review the results in about two weeks.

My mind has been racing since the MRI. What could be seen on there? A brainstem tumor? Tumor in my spine? Something else? My symptoms are so random and generally boring that they don't point to one particular thing: finger twitch, tingles, occasional mild headache, neck pain/stiffness. Oh and the big one - anxiety.

I feel like I would be having more severe problems if there was a major issue. Things like severe headache, balance issues, vision loss, etc. When I dwell on not having those things my brain wonders, am I having those things only slightly or in a way that's barely perceptible?

Some of this leads to symptom surfing which is just the dumbest thing to do.

I'm hoping all the tests come back clear and that will be the kick in the guts my brain needs to stop this madness.

Yourboymj99
18-07-19, 17:10
Hello

Sounds like classic health anxiety to me, and your body is just reacting to it. I'm sure all tests will be fine.

Take care

Flapj
19-07-19, 05:08
Thank you. I hope so too. No phone calls today so I feel like nothing worrisome was seen or else I’d be called.