PDA

View Full Version : Frequent urination - ovarian cancer?

Khrissikos
21-07-19, 02:08
Hello everybody!
I’ve been a long time lurker of this website & its reassured me so many times in the past - I’ve finally given in & decided to ask for some help for myself.

I am a 28 year old female who, for about the past 2 months has been suffering from frequent urination. Basically, I will use the bathroom, & within 15 minutes to half an hour, I pretty much feel the need to go again. In the beginning I would go every time I got the urge so not much would come out. After a while, I got fed up & now I try & hold it for at least 2-3 hours if I can, which most of the time I can with ease, so it’ll usually be a full pee. It doesn’t usually feel like a full bladder when it starts - moreso like leftover pee? I also want to add it doesn’t wake me at night, I am able to get a full 6-8 hours of sleep with no problem although when I wake in the morning I do have the urge.

The reason this concerns me is because 4 months prior, I randomly vomited one night (still no idea if it was food poisoning or what) & for a solid two months after that I had nausea, reflux & a feeling of pressure in my stomach (this was before the peeing issue). As soon as it started to calm down, the peeing started. My stomach is much better, I still get the occasional reflux, but usually after I eat a lot of fatty foods. Anyway through Google (I know, I know - bad idea) the sum of my symptoms point to ovarian cancer & its stressing me out bad!

I had a CT scan done of my abdomen with contrast about 6 months ago for an unrelated issue & nothing was mentioned about ovaries so that gives me a little hope. The reason I haven’t gone to see my GP is pretty straightforward: I’m known to be a bit of hypochondriac. I actually was supposed to have a gyno visit this week & I was going to bring it up but the clinic got canceled- my luck!

Anyway, I’m sorry for the long story! I guess I just want to know if anybody has ever had something like this related to anxiety? Or should I just bite the bullet & go see my GP?

Thank you guys in advance!

Fishmanpa
21-07-19, 14:35
Its a very common anxiety symptom. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet) There are several similar threads at the bottom of the page and if you do a search, you'll find pages of them. None of which were sinister.

Positive thoughts

busterrufus
21-07-19, 22:57
I started having this symptom over 3 yrs ago, adding to
other symptoms which i have had a lot longer. Dr couldnt discover why. When the frequent urination starts I always seem to have the tense pelvic floor muscles too. I know that it can be a symptom of anxiety but Im not sure how.

Yourboymj99
22-07-19, 00:38
Hi Khrissikos,

Sure sounds like a symptom of anxiety, and quite a common one. I've had a few bouts of this as well and I can tell you from experience that the more you focus on it the worse it seems and longer it can drag on. No shocker there really. I'm a man so different anatomy but same principle when it comes to the way anxiety can affect the body. Your able to sleep through the night and hold it a few hours if need be which points away from anything sinister really. As far as waking up with the urge to urinate. I don't know anyone who doesn't so again, that's pretty normal. Hang in there, I sure it will pass in time.

Take care

Khrissikos
22-07-19, 01:28
Its a very common anxiety symptom. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet) There are several similar threads at the bottom of the page and if you do a search, you'll find pages of them. None of which were sinister.

Positive thoughts

Thank you for the link of symptoms! It’s crazy how many anxiety can bring on! I appreciate the reply. :)

Khrissikos
22-07-19, 01:29
I started having this symptom over 3 yrs ago, adding to
other symptoms which i have had a lot longer. Dr couldnt discover why. When the frequent urination starts I always seem to have the tense pelvic floor muscles too. I know that it can be a symptom of anxiety but Im not sure how.

Yeah, I agree that it also feels like sometimes my muscles “vibrate” if that makes sense - might be tension as well! Thank you very much for sharing your symptoms it definitely reassures me.

Khrissikos
22-07-19, 01:32
Hi Khrissikos,

Sure sounds like a symptom of anxiety, and quite a common one. I've had a few bouts of this as well and I can tell you from experience that the more you focus on it the worse it seems and longer it can drag on. No shocker there really. I'm a man so different anatomy but same principle when it comes to the way anxiety can affect the body. Your able to sleep through the night and hold it a few hours if need be which points away from anything sinister really. As far as waking up with the urge to urinate. I don't know anyone who doesn't so again, that's pretty normal. Hang in there, I sure it will pass in time.

Take care

Thank you, its good to know you’ve experienced something similar! It probably is anxiety; as you said, it does seem to get less intense when I am engrossed in something else. & I guess if it was an organic problem, my body wouldn’t ignore it through the night as you said. Thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. I’ll try & wait it out :)

Apple81
11-08-19, 21:53
I've been needing to wee in the night for the last couple of months (I put it down to always being thirsty - worried about diabetes...). I thought I'd finished my period but have been having some red, watery discharge the last couple of days(too much information I know!). What have I done about it? Hit up Dr Google! I had no idea about needing to urinate frequently being a symptom of ovarian cancer and now I do. And obviously I've really frightened myself. My hA had really subsided the last couple of years and now I can feel myself being pulled back under.

Khrissikos
17-08-19, 21:52
Hey Apple81, sorry for the late reply. I didn’t see your message. Waking up once in the night to pee is quite normal for a lot of people so I wouldn’t worry too much about it (if you’re waking very often though, I would get it checked - not for cancer but for other way less scary reasons.)

I’ve accepted this is due to my stress levels being all over the place for the last few years, & if it makes you feel any better, I still have this problem. But it fluctuates now; some days its pretty bad (needing to pee every hour) & some days I’ll be good all day. I’ve noticed it tends to flare up when I’m not getting much sleep. These are all things that you should take into account. I still booked an appointment with a gyno next month but I’m no longer stressing out thinking its cancer.

As for the discharge, I can’t say too much but I do always get bloody discharge 2-3 days before my period so I’m assuming for some women its after. It doesn’t sound like anything you need to worry about. :)