PDA

View Full Version : Neck/throat/gland worry,can someone please reassure me b4 I whip myself into a frenzy

breeze25
18-09-07, 17:24
Basically I have had lots of health anxiety things over the past few months, and I sort of managed to get a hold of it all and in a little control.

But then a week ago I have a weird feeling on the left side of my neck, (it feels slightly numb) I not 100% sure if this is where the gland it. The sensation goes on the side of my neck and slightly under my cheek.

My hubby has had a cold and I have been experiencing a little bit of a blocked up nose and feel for a while like I am about to catch his cold, I am 99% sure its connected, but its the what if's and the doubts that have crept back, i don't have a sore throat, but sometimes it does feel like I have something stuck in the back.

Any reassuring comments will be appreciated, my hubby is going out tonight and I know that too much time along can be a nightmare for me.

spacebunnyx
18-09-07, 20:27
hey,

i have a similar thing to you at the moment - kind of a numb tingling feeling on one side of my neck. if i think rationally about it i think its related to anxiety. i'm focussed on it - which is what gives that numb tingling feeling.. i find that if i focus myself i can get similar sensations in other parts of my body.

the lump in throat thing is also probably caused by anxiety - subconciously your muscles in your throat tense up - its called globus.

hope it goes away soon!

love jess xxx

breeze25
19-09-07, 12:27
thanks jessica, i think I know it deep down, but it makes me feel so much better someone writes it down.