PDA

View Full Version : Help freaking out!

Neverending_story
22-07-19, 15:16
First of all hello to everyone, I am new here, I have HA and I need some help right now please!

So here goes - I have been weighing myself since January this year - I have till today lost about 3.3kg (eqiv to 8lbs) - my appetite has not changed at all, I have not started anything new,.....I have given up alcohol during the week for the last few months (approx 2/3 bottles of wine in 5/6days), I now only drink a Friday and sometimes a Saturday...petrified this is cancer starting now due to the weight loss, so in 6 months its 8lbs unintentional weight loss......... thats bad - something is definitely wrong with me.....right?

Has anyone else had the same weight loss & should I see the Dr?

Thanks

utrocket09
22-07-19, 15:20
First of all hello to everyone, I am new here, I have HA and I need some help right now please!

So here goes - I have been weighing myself since January this year - I have till today lost about 3.3kg (eqiv to 8lbs) - my appetite has not changed at all, I have not started anything new,.....I have given up alcohol during the week for the last few months (approx 2/3 bottles of wine in 5/6days), I now only drink a Friday and sometimes a Saturday...petrified this is cancer starting now due to the weight loss, so in 6 months its 8lbs unintentional weight loss......... thats bad - something is definitely wrong with me.....right?

Has anyone else had the same weight loss & should I see the Dr?

Thanks

8 pounds in 6 months not unintentional weight loss. When my aunt had cancer, it was more than 10 percent of her weight in a matter of weeks. The weight melted off.

BlueIris
22-07-19, 15:20
8lbs over six months is nothing, especially if you're cutting back on booze.

8lbs in a week might, just possibly, be a cause for concern, but over half a year? No need to worry whatsoever.

Neverending_story
22-07-19, 15:44
8 pounds in 6 months not unintentional weight loss. When my aunt had cancer, it was more than 10 percent of her weight in a matter of weeks. The weight melted off.

Thank you - I never loose weight LOL - I am a big girl, my friend said that bigger people loose weight faster initially, I hope its the laying off the booze slightly that has been doing this - the worst thing I have done is bought a scale for the bathroom uuurrrgh.....

Neverending_story
22-07-19, 15:45
8lbs over six months is nothing, especially if you're cutting back on booze.

8lbs in a week might, just possibly, be a cause for concern, but over half a year? No need to worry whatsoever.

Thank you for your reply - its so horrible to have this worry, the worry leads to stomach issues I am sure of it, everytime I think of it, I ned the loo then now I am thinking its prob colon cancer.....

BlueIris
22-07-19, 15:48
Nah, anxiety gives everybody the runs. You're going to be just fine :)

Side note: the Neverending Story is my absolute favourite book of all time.

Neverending_story
22-07-19, 16:05
Nah, anxiety gives everybody the runs. You're going to be just fine :)

Side note: the Neverending Story is my absolute favourite book of all time.

Thanks - oh yes I loved the movie too - I am nearly 39 and still watch it at least once a year lol

adamden
22-07-19, 16:19
Eight pounds in six months is not a drastic change at all. Our body weight fluctuates all the time. No action needed!

Neverending_story
22-07-19, 16:21
Eight pounds in six months is not a drastic change at all. Our body weight fluctuates all the time. No action needed!
Thank you - when you not trying to loose its a worrying symptom though :)

adamden
22-07-19, 16:27
Thank you - when you not trying to loose its a worrying symptom though :)
Completely understand, I found out last month that I lost seven pounds in a matter of six months too. Turns out it's just normal human functions. I was concerned at first, but they said it comes with anxiety too. :)

Neverending_story
22-07-19, 16:40
Completely understand, I found out last month that I lost seven pounds in a matter of six months too. Turns out it's just normal human functions. I was concerned at first, but they said it comes with anxiety too. :)

Well I have had loads of stress since July 2018 - without going into too much detail - I maintained my appetite though - maybe it is the cutting out of alcohol for 5 days now in the last 3-4 months....

ankietyjoe
22-07-19, 17:04
I could easily lose 8lb in a weekend if I missed a meal or two.

Excess alcohol consumption is very inflammatory and would explain the weight loss alone.

adamden
22-07-19, 18:14
Well I have had loads of stress since July 2018 - without going into too much detail - I maintained my appetite though - maybe it is the cutting out of alcohol for 5 days now in the last 3-4 months....
That would also make sense because alcohol can pack on the pounds sometimes and it can also hang around. Still don't think it's anything to worry about.

Neverending_story
22-07-19, 21:19
I need to weigh myself again Thursday and dreading it

Fishmanpa
22-07-19, 21:28

Respectfully, you've gotten 8 wonderful replies of reassurance. Here's your 9th. That's nothing! I'm a cancer survivor and I went from 230lbs to 160lbs in 4 months! That's over 4lbs a week! Just based on all the terrible things that can happen to you in life, is it remotely rational to worry about an 8lb weight loss in 6 months based on your lifestyle changes? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
23-07-19, 09:36
Respectfully, you've gotten 8 wonderful replies of reassurance. Here's your 9th. That's nothing! I'm a cancer survivor and I went from 230lbs to 160lbs in 4 months! That's over 4lbs a week! Just based on all the terrible things that can happen to you in life, is it remotely rational to worry about an 8lb weight loss in 6 months based on your lifestyle changes? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Yes I have - I just keep re reading them to convince myself I am ok

Neverending_story
23-07-19, 14:09
OK proper freaking out now!!!! weighed again and have lost another 4lbs this week alone - pushing the total to 11lbs since Jan 10th!!!!!

Fishmanpa
23-07-19, 14:31
It's still inconsequential regardless of what your anxiety is telling you. Besides, you've been wound tighter than a humbucker over this and that leads to reduced appetite etc. Its a vicious cycle of anxiety you're in for sure. Wish there were words to help. Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
23-07-19, 14:52
you've been wound tighter than a humbucker over this and that leads to reduced appetite etc. Its a vicious cycle of anxiety you're in for sure. Wish there were words to help.

Positive thoughts

Thank you but I have been eating the same and drinking slightly more alcohol :( - its so worrying me right now

shotta287
23-07-19, 18:03
Hi, I’m in the same boat but since April. Lost around 2kg even though I have been eating pretty much as normal. It is really concerning me because I look at my arms and body and it just seems like they have become skinny!

Neverending_story
23-07-19, 18:58
Hi, I’m in the same boat but since April. Lost around 2kg even though I have been eating pretty much as normal. It is really concerning me because I look at my arms and body and it just seems like they have become skinny!

Yeah mine is 4.5kg in 27 weeks.... I shall have to go to the Dr and get looked at! Scary!

utrocket09
23-07-19, 19:12
OK proper freaking out now!!!! weighed again and have lost another 4lbs this week alone - pushing the total to 11lbs since Jan 10th!!!!!

11 pounds since January means only a lose of less than 2 pounds a month. Scales are also flux by 5 pounds depending on what scale you are on. Again, there is nothing wrong with you.

Fishmanpa
23-07-19, 19:15
Yeah mine is 4.5kg in 27 weeks.... I shall have to go to the Dr and get looked at! Scary!

You realize that's only 1/3 pound a week? I've seen this type of spiral and rabbit hole many, many times before. See your doctor if you're that concerned. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
23-07-19, 19:47
I weigh myself on the same scales once a week at the same time 😊. But I hear you

Neverending_story
23-07-19, 19:48
Even when trying to loose weight I don’t so this sudden change is freaking me the hell out but Thanks for replying 😊

Yourboymj99
23-07-19, 19:49
Hello

I just came across this thread. 4.5kg in 27 weeks is nothing, even if unintentional. Something as simple as cutting back on alcoholic drinks or carbs would cause this. Alcohol contains both carbs and sugar. You said you cut back on alcohol so your body will shed some extra weight fairly easily. Imagine what could happen with steady diet and exercise a long with the cutting back on alcohol. Hang in there, I don't see an issue here

Take care

Neverending_story
23-07-19, 20:18
Hello

I just came across this thread. 4.5kg in 27 weeks is nothing, even if unintentional. Something as simple as cutting back on alcoholic drinks or carbs would cause this. Alcohol contains both carbs and sugar. You said you cut back on alcohol so your body will shed some extra weight fairly easily. Imagine what could happen with steady diet and exercise a long with the cutting back on alcohol. Hang in there, I don't see an issue here

Take care

Thank you. Can cutting 2 bottles out a week of Prosecco really make such a difference though? Also my daily calorie intake on my fitness pal app states to maintain my weight I need 2650 calories a day.. I have 800 remaining today which I wont use.....

Yourboymj99
23-07-19, 22:36
Hello again,

Yes, cutting two bottles of Prosecco per week can absolutely make a huge difference in a person's body weight. Especially spread out over a 6 month time period. In regards to daily caloric intake, I always listen to my body. Apps are good for a reference and to keep you on track, but don't worry if your not spot on. Everyone's body metabolizes differently. Even two people with identical weights. Losing unnecessary lbs over a 6 month period is good for your overall health today and in the long term. Keep doing what your doing!

Take care

Fishmanpa
23-07-19, 22:48
I weigh myself on the same scales once a week at the same time . But I hear you

But you said....

And then today...

Kind of blows that reasoning out of the water :whistles: Its pretty obvious by the pattern you're exhibiting, you're in a panic and spiral. Despite 3 pages of people saying its normal, you still just can't see it. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
24-07-19, 09:19
Hello again,

Yes, cutting two bottles of Prosecco per week can absolutely make a huge difference in a person's body weight. Especially spread out over a 6 month time period. In regards to daily caloric intake, I always listen to my body. Apps are good for a reference and to keep you on track, but don't worry if your not spot on. Everyone's body metabolizes differently. Even two people with identical weights. Losing unnecessary lbs over a 6 month period is good for your overall health today and in the long term. Keep doing what your doing!

Take care

I feel rubbish now today - have had a cold since last week.....I hate feeling like I am dying now!

Neverending_story
24-07-19, 09:20
But you said....

And then today...

Kind of blows that reasoning out of the water :whistles: Its pretty obvious by the pattern you're exhibiting, you're in a panic and spiral. Despite 3 pages of people saying its normal, you still just can't see it. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

I normally weigh on a Thursday but I had to weigh yesterday and BOOM more lost - sorry freaking out now...I am reading the replies and in my mind its not normal at all!

BlueIris
24-07-19, 09:22
Remind me: are you getting any help with your anxiety?

Neverending_story
24-07-19, 13:17
Remind me: are you getting any help with your anxiety?

Weight loss is not just based on anxiety alone :) its serious to me

BlueIris
24-07-19, 13:59
Yes, but this is causing you disproportionate distress. This is why it would be good to get a handle on your anxiety, so you can cope better with whatever life throws at you.

Neverending_story
24-07-19, 14:12
Yes, but this is causing you disproportionate distress. This is why it would be good to get a handle on your anxiety, so you can cope better with whatever life throws at you.

I do agree with you BUT I want to know the cause of my weight loss..........which in turn is causin this horrible stress!

BlueIris
24-07-19, 14:29
Health anxiety hardly ever ends when a perceived problem does, though - once this is resolved, you may find there's something else.

A failure to understand this tends to be how threads reach the fifty page mark or more.

Fishmanpa
24-07-19, 14:46
I do agree with you BUT......

The word "BUT" is the word used most by HA sufferers. Your dragon wants to keep being fed and will go to any lengths to do so. I could point out dozens of serial threads where despite wonderful advice, tips and reassurance, the word "BUT" is used or another phrase to counter logic and reason in nearly every reply. That pattern is very prevalent here. There's a a definite cause and effect explanation and anxiety itself can increase your metabolism thus burning more calories. The reality is, that kind of weight loss is not a red flag in any way, shape or form. YOU aremaking it into something its not.

The fact you're didn't answer BlueIris directly when asked about your anxiety speaks volumes. Getting real life help with your anxiety is key in moving forward and not allowing irrationality to run your life. Also, the easiest way to alleviate this weight obsession is to throw away the scale :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
19-08-19, 12:37
Hi all I am back - this weight loss is still ongoing I have lost 11lbs now since Jan 10th 2019!!! Its working on my nerves now - I ate loads for the last couple of weeks and still down 2lbs from last week Monday to today WTF is going on!!!!! I am ill I just know it! Sorry to post again but I am literally petrified!

BlueIris
19-08-19, 12:51
Have you spoken to a professional about your anxiety?

Neverending_story
19-08-19, 12:53
I am hopefully going to the Dr Thursday to speak to him about my anxiety and weight loss yes

BlueIris
19-08-19, 12:56
Okay, that's good, because the weight you've lost is absolutely negligible over that period of time.

Neverending_story
19-08-19, 13:04
Thanks - why lose weight over a week when I am eating like a pig lol - I just want to understand :unsure:

BlueIris
19-08-19, 13:06
Stress can really mess with your metabolism. However, sometimes our bodies just do weird stuff and there isn't any answer.

Neverending_story
19-08-19, 13:16
I have been kind of ok since I last posted here as from July 25th its been 1lb gain then 2lbs down etc, dont really think my stress has been that bad BUT I am constantly thinking 'how much have I lost today'.....so yes its constantly on my mind!

Neverending_story
20-08-19, 12:38
I have managed to get an appoitnment with the GP tomorrow to discuss weight loss etc... nervous as ever...

Fishmanpa
20-08-19, 12:58
While you're there, it would be prudent to discuss you anxiety and treating it. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 10:47
So I went to the Dr - he has ordered a series of blood tests including CA125, Thyroid and the standard FBC, Kidney & liver function tests, in addition to this ordered a chest xray, pelvic ultasound and bowel screening test.....GREAT!
He said my weight should have evened out by now hence why all the tests, he did not seem overly concerned, ME - SCARED TO DEATH!

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 11:40
Did he ask what you're eating? Is there an actual record of how much food you eat?

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 11:46
yes Myfitness pal app its all recorded and shown to him

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 12:12
And what did the app say?

They are notoriously incorrect by the way.

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 12:37
And what did the app say?

They are notoriously incorrect by the way.

That I am eating the correct amount to 'maintain my weight'
Its not incorrect as everything is barcoded and the calories match - so its not in my case :)

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 13:51
How do you know your BMR value is correct?

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 14:29
I used the Harris Benedict formula - its pushed out loads of numbers but from there its a little hard to interpret to be honest

BlueIris
21-08-19, 14:31
Did you speak to your doctor about the anxiety?

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 14:38
I used the Harris Benedict formula - its pushed out loads of numbers but from there its a little hard to interpret to be honest

The problem with these formula's is that they're based on an average person, and absolutely don't take into account WHAT you eat. For example, 2000 calories of bread, you'll put weight on. 2000 calories of avocado and egg, you'll lose it fast, really fast.

It also doesn't take into account genetics, hormonal situations (adrenaline), the time you eat or your activity levels.

You only have to under eat a little bit to lose weight over time.

Why don't you try and increase your calorie intake by 200 calories per day (high carb food would be best) and see what happens?

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 14:57
The problem with these formula's is that they're based on an average person, and absolutely don't take into account WHAT you eat. For example, 2000 calories of bread, you'll put weight on. 2000 calories of avocado and egg, you'll lose it fast, really fast.

It also doesn't take into account genetics, hormonal situations (adrenaline), the time you eat or your activity levels.

You only have to under eat a little bit to lose weight over time.

Why don't you try and increase your calorie intake by 200 calories per day (high carb food would be best) and see what happens?

I have to agree with you there - whats the best high carb foods?

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 15:31
If you just want to try and put weight on, pasta or bread and sugary crap can't be beaten. It's all to do with insulin levels. If that makes you put weight on then problem solved, but I would start by adding a lot of calories per day (say 500) to counteract any adrenal effects.

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 15:42
I love it all BUT I am a big girl (or was lol) and my calories need to be 2537 a day to maintain my weight, dont think I can eat about 3k calories a day lol....

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 15:45
Ok so here's the thing. You are by your own admission overweight, which makes it MUCH easier for you to lose weight.

You're also worried about losing weight, but don't want to slightly increase your calories to test out the theory.

Not sure what else to say!

If you don't want to increase how much you eat, then maybe change what you eat, and go high carb/sugar.

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 16:00
You're also worried about losing weight, but don't want to slightly increase your calories to test out the theory.

LOL - never said I WOULD NOT

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 16:10
A Dominos a day keeps the Doctor away.....

Neverending_story
21-08-19, 16:33
:yesyes: I am going to eat loads of pasta dishes now and loads of cake!!! Literally stuff my face till I feel nauseous lol

ankietyjoe
21-08-19, 18:06
Well I'm not sure THAT'S the solution either..... lol

Just a little experiment to check....

Neverending_story
22-08-19, 10:40
Well I'm not sure THAT'S the solution either..... lol

Just a little experiment to check....

Part of me is too scared as if nothing gained then its defo cancer, right?

Got my chest xray tomorrow at 09.10am....

Fishmanpa
22-08-19, 11:27

This thread has been going on for a month now and as was said, the weight loss is not significant at all. You'd be pretty ill if something sinister were going on. It just sounds like you're obsessed with this and you're spiraling. You may want to ditch the calorie app. You never answered BlueIris' question. Did you speak to the doctor about your anxiety? (Now I know why your name is Neverending story :whistles: )

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
22-08-19, 11:32

Lol no. It could be one of a hundred things, 97 of which you would never have heard of. The issue here is you self diagnosing the ONE terminal thing you have heard of.

Neverending_story
22-08-19, 16:36
This thread has been going on for a month now and as was said, the weight loss is not significant at all. You'd be pretty ill if something sinister were going on. It just sounds like you're obsessed with this and you're spiraling. You may want to ditch the calorie app. You never answered BlueIris' question. Did you speak to the doctor about your anxiety? (Now I know why your name is Neverending story :whistles: )

Positive thoughts

If the Dr though it was 'nothing' I would not be going for all these tests.......

Please dont be harsh, we all here for a reason, if this thread goes on for 5 months then so be it, if its going on for longer than YOU think it should then I am sorry about that BUT again, we all here for a reason...........and yes my Dr and I did discuss my anxiety about this issue & he said quote 'lets adress the reasons for the weight loss first', I shall take my Dr's advice as I am doing....

Thanks

Fishmanpa
22-08-19, 17:33
It's called CYA medicine. He's not concerned but it's a Catch 22. You wouldn't be happy if he fobbed you off so he's doing same basic testing which feeds your dragon. No worries... Just seen pages of this kind of thing and this is no different. Carry on.... :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
25-08-19, 13:27
So got a 2 week referral for my pelvic and abdominal scans!!! Its cancer if they refer you so quickly! I cant deal with this anymore!!! Im so frightened!

BlueIris
25-08-19, 13:33
You know around 90% of two week referrals don't find a malignancy, right?

I get that you're afraid, because I would be to. However, rationally, I don't think you have anything to be afraid of.

Neverending_story
25-08-19, 13:41
I could be that 10%. Im doomed!!!! My stomach is off fir about 1 month now so it’s probably bowel or stomach cancer!! Sorry im just so frightened of being diagnosed

BlueIris
25-08-19, 13:54
You could be, but statistically it's very unlikely.

ankietyjoe
25-08-19, 17:06
I could be that 10%. Im doomed!!!! My stomach is off fir about 1 month now so it’s probably bowel or stomach cancer!! Sorry im just so frightened of being diagnosed

Your negative reinforcement is ridiculous.

Did you up your calories?

Neverending_story
25-08-19, 18:41
I have and still losing weight

ankietyjoe
25-08-19, 18:49
How long did you up them for? We were only talking about it a few days ago.

Fishmanpa
25-08-19, 19:09
Your negative reinforcement is ridiculous.

Kettle... Meet pot :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Neverending_story
25-08-19, 19:10
Lol im lost now

ankietyjoe
25-08-19, 19:47
Lol im lost now

We talked about experimenting with increasing calories 3-4 days ago, but you've already said it hasn't worked. How long did you increase them for? You really need to look at this over the period of a week or more.

Neverending_story
25-08-19, 19:51
From Wednesday and ive lost 1lb

ankietyjoe
25-08-19, 20:05
1lb is nothing, it wouldn't be classed as a loss. Your weight will fluctuate by more than that in 24 hours.

Fishmanpa
25-08-19, 20:16
From Wednesday and ive lost 1lb

I've lost more after a good sit on the pot! :roflmao: Yeah, I know, I'm FOS ;)

Positive thoughts

SarahNah
25-08-19, 20:19
I once lost three stone in the space of a month and half (due to a fear of eating due to a stomach issue but thankfully it's settled now.) I also gone up and down about three/four pounds every few days? I know it can be scary but like a pound isn't much to worry about x

Neverending_story
25-08-19, 21:27
Lol but I should be gaining no?

Neverending_story
25-08-19, 21:28
Its probably 12 lbs lost now since Jan 10th. Its scary as still eating!!!

ankietyjoe
25-08-19, 22:23
That's over 8 months. I've lost more than that in a week under serious stress, I can easily lose 4-5lbs in a day.

Neverending_story
26-08-19, 06:35
Its just not right for me as I never lose weight

feelthelove
26-08-19, 07:57
Hi, I don't think that's a lot of weight loss ,but it might be worth asking for a test for type 2 diabetes , i kept losing half a stone and regaining it over a year and then started to get very thirsty and was tested and have type 2 diabetes. Its under control and doesn't worry me at all . But you may be just up and down naturally with your weight some people are .

Neverending_story
26-08-19, 08:55
Thanks. Ive had a diabetes check in May and
Was negative. Had loads of bloods taken Friday including diabetes so we have to wait and see what the results are, im genuinely frightened!!

Neverending_story
26-08-19, 15:07
My bloods have been returned normal with a borderline low phosphate. Asked to repeat. My chest xray is normal also

ankietyjoe
26-08-19, 15:16
You've asked them to repeat a blood test that's come back normal?

Neverending_story
26-08-19, 15:20
They have said repeat phosphate level test!!

ankietyjoe
26-08-19, 15:26
Ok that's fine then.

Going back to your original post, talking about giving up a good portion of alcohol. You're talking about reducing your calorie intake by 7-10,000 cals per month alone.

I'm not sure you understand the relationship between calories, your current BMR and the altered hormones from NOT drinking every day.

I don't think your tracking is accurate, and I don't think your BMR calculations are accurate. Your weight loss is extremely slow, your Doctors aren't worried and your blood tests have come back with a minor abnormality (easily explained by being very overweight....your words).

You are (in my opinion) creating a problem in your mind that doesn't exist in reality. This is common with health anxiety, and anxiety alone can increase weight loss with no change in diet. This has been shown time and time again.

Neverending_story
27-08-19, 10:41
I probably dont understand the relationship between calories hence why I have seeked professional advice from my GP!

Not sure I said I was very overweight but I am sure you will quote me on this if I did.

I am leaving all of this now in the hands of the professionals I nor you are of the sort so....
Thanks for your opinions though! I agree about anxiety however my GP says that ALONE it is not a valid reason for weight loss.....

Ok that's fine then.

Going back to your original post, talking about giving up a good portion of alcohol. You're talking about reducing your calorie intake by 7-10,000 cals per month alone.

I'm not sure you understand the relationship between calories, your current BMR and the altered hormones from NOT drinking every day.

I don't think your tracking is accurate, and I don't think your BMR calculations are accurate. Your weight loss is extremely slow, your Doctors aren't worried and your blood tests have come back with a minor abnormality (easily explained by being very overweight....your words).

You are (in my opinion) creating a problem in your mind that doesn't exist in reality. This is common with health anxiety, and anxiety alone can increase weight loss with no change in diet. This has been shown time and time again.

ankietyjoe
27-08-19, 10:46
Does your GP know you've cut out thousands of alcohol calories per month?

I'm not sure if you actually don't understand that less calories (especially carbohydrate heavy booze calories) equates to weight loss, or whether you're deliberately ignoring it because you want there to be an issue. This going around in circles type of thread always confuses me. And you actually said 'I'm a big girl', so apologies if I misconstrued that as you being very overweight.

To sum up -

You said you'd cut out a load of calories from alcohol. You lost weight very slowly over a long period of time. This concerns you, even though you explained the reason for the weight loss yourself. This was explained TO you, but you don't/won't understand it. As far as I can tell, that's it.

Neverending_story
27-08-19, 11:15

Ofcourse! Why would I not??

I'm not sure if you actually don't understand that less calories (especially carbohydrate heavy booze calories) equates to weight loss, or whether you're deliberately ignoring it because you want there to be an issue. This going around in circles type of thread always confuses me. And you actually said 'I'm a big girl', so apologies if I misconstrued that as you being very overweight. - no ignorning - its not common for me to lose weight, we all know our own bodies....right???

To sum up -

You said you'd cut out a load of calories from alcohol. You lost weight very slowly over a long period of time. This concerns you, even though you explained the reason for the weight loss yourself. This was explained TO you, but you don't/won't understand it. As far as I can tell, that's it. Sure - I have some other tests to do as requested by my GP so will have to wait for these results

Neverending_story
27-08-19, 11:15
no ignorning - its not common for me to lose weight, we all know our own bodies....right???

BlueIris
27-08-19, 11:25
The only thing I would say is that health anxiety can impair your judgement, which can be a consolation when you're in the depths and feel as though it's the end of the world.

You're right, though, your GP is the one who knows what's going on and it's smart to trust them.

I really hope this gets resolved for you sooner rather than later.

ankietyjoe
27-08-19, 11:38
we all know our own bodies....right???

This entire forum proves that the answer is often a resounding no.

I'll ask again, does your GP know you've cut out thousands of calories a month in booze?

Neverending_story
27-08-19, 12:15
This entire forum proves that the answer is often a resounding no.

I'll ask again, does your GP know you've cut out thousands of calories a month in booze?

And I shall answer again

Ofcourse! Why would I not??

Neverending_story
27-08-19, 12:16
The only thing I would say is that health anxiety can impair your judgement, which can be a consolation when you're in the depths and feel as though it's the end of the world.

You're right, though, your GP is the one who knows what's going on and it's smart to trust them.

I really hope this gets resolved for you sooner rather than later.

Thank you

ankietyjoe
27-08-19, 13:05
If your GP knows you've cut out thousands of calories and is still concerned about slow weight loss, you might want to find another GP.

Neverending_story
29-08-19, 19:44
Ive gained 4lbs in 10 days and my Fit Bowel test has been returned negative for blood

Fishmanpa
29-08-19, 20:30
Ive gained 4lbs in 10 days and my Fit Bowel test has been returned negative for blood

I've seen this type of spiral and rabbit hole many, many times before. See your doctor if you're that concerned. "Told Ya So Gang" on standby ;)

https://media.giphy.com/media/iDMcQvt21MpwIVtAXU/giphy.gif

;)

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
29-08-19, 21:05

Awesome, but how have you gained 4lbs in 10 days when 2 days ago you told me you'd lost a pound in the 3 days since you'd upped your calorie intake!?!??!?

I'm not sure any of your calculations are correct :shades::huh::yesyes: