PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this?

Panda22
22-07-19, 18:45
Anyone else feel completely fine at home but as soon as they go to a new place feel HORRIBLE?

When i go to a place i don't know well for example i shopping centre today, i feel so bad.. i feel like i can't stay calm and i could go crazy any moment..
I actually fear that my mind can't handle it and i'll just lose my mind right then and there :( this happens most times i go somewhere new or busy..

How do i even know if this is just anxiety/panic and not a worse mental illness and i'll actually go crazy? It feels risky to keep staying at a new place i don't know if my brain can handle it, tho it's hasn't happened yet and i felt fine back home

Panda22
25-07-19, 02:23
Does this sound like anxiety or something else?

BlueIris
25-07-19, 04:54
Definitely anxiety. Happens to me in new or crowded places.

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-19, 05:25
You will find those who suffer GAD, Agoraphobia or Social Anxiety will be dealing with this. As a GADer I've struggled with various elements of this and for me it all started at the point I originally went off work having a breakdown.

I had to do a lot of exposure work to get myself comfortable in places like supermarkets. The anxiety would raise, the deeper I got into a place the worse as theh exits were further away, and I would feel sick or worry about needing the toilet or just struggling to breathe and needing to get out of there.

Home is a comfort zone for many. But anxiety can get to the point nowhere is safe anymore which is what I ended up finding as my symptoms became the 24/7 variety.