PDA

View Full Version : Hi all....

happylad70
18-09-07, 20:00
Hi all...just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am new to this site, but am very glad I found it as you always think that you are being stupid and that you are the only person who goes through the symptoms of panic...especially if you are someone like me..a married guy with children, the one who has to watch over his family, the guy at work who is always laughing and joking.
Had a very bad experience a couple of days ago whilst waiting to fly home after a holiday..the beating heart, sweaty palms, vomitting, sitting on the toilet every two minutes, feeling like your chest is going to cave inwards...then hey presto, half a hour later everything is fine, but you feel so stupid and worried that it may rear its head again.
Steve

honeybee3939
18-09-07, 20:12
Hi Steve

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im glad you decided to join us, we have all felt the same as you so you are not alone, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
18-09-07, 20:12
Hi Steve

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard. Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

manmoor
18-09-07, 20:25
Hi Steve,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Southern_Belle
18-09-07, 20:26
Hi Steve,

Welcome to NMP. I feel the same way about flying except I experience it every single time I fly. You will find loads of support here.

Hugs,

Laura

knightbabe
18-09-07, 20:55
Welcome Steve to NMP

AngieJ
18-09-07, 21:37
Hiya Steve

Welcome to NMP!

Still a bit of a newbie here myself but finding this site invaluable....made me realise I'm not as daft as I thought I was :D

xxx

groovygranny
18-09-07, 21:40
Hello Steve :welcome:to you!

Well, I guess we all felt we were all alone and stupid when we first found this site - then very quickly found out we're not as we all have a story to tell !!

Lots of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:)

Nibbles
18-09-07, 21:42
Hi Steve and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Believe
18-09-07, 23:30
Hi Steve,

Hang in there we all feel like that at some point.Hope you are feeling alittle better. I am new here also

Anna77
18-09-07, 23:39
Hi Steve,

There's loads of support to be found here - hope you find the site helpful :)

Take care,

Lorelai x

trac67
19-09-07, 06:38
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xxx

KrazyKaz07
19-09-07, 10:53
Hello Steve,

A very big warm :welcome: to you.

happylad70
19-09-07, 12:22
Thanks for all the messages and its great to know that people are supporting me
Steve xx

Lindalou64
19-09-07, 12:38
Hello Steve And Welcome..........linda

tonkaboy
19-09-07, 12:43
Good to hear from you. You're right, there is a stigma attached to anxiety / depression, which is so unfair as no-one wants to have these feelings. I don't suffer from panic attacks but rather a high level of anxiety generally. One of the things I find elevates my levels is having to do something I can't easily get out of - flying is a bit like that. Once you're onboard, that's it you're commited, no easy way out for the next few hours. I find meetings at work have a similar effect on me.

Anyway, good luck, you're amongst friends here.

A

ladygrom
19-09-07, 12:52
hi steve you rnt stupid youl find loads of support on here we all understand my anxiety just cum on me hit me like a brick i no how you feel tc elaine