PDA

View Full Version : bit freaked out by nurse at surgery

JulieJay92
24-07-19, 16:49
This morning i was a bit freaked out by nurse at surgery, she decided to randomly do my bp before my injection even tho i never get it done at surgery as dr knows i suffer white coat syndrome and it was 160/90 and she wants me to come in once a week to get it checked.

i did as soon as home and was 144/89 then 3 hours later and it was 129/78 which is what it usually has been for last year at home

would i be best to speak to my doctor 1st as this was a big difference in surgery and apart from twice last year in surgery (it was 128/82 and 125/80) it is always up to between 150-200/90/110

It has totally freaked me out but cannot get phone call with my doc until next fri (and ive been at work since appointment until 430

thanks in advance

WorryRaptor
24-07-19, 17:32
If it came down at home while you were relaxed, then don't worry too much. The nurse was probably just being over cautious and didn't take into account how much bp can fluctuate in times of stress/white-coat syndrome/you've moved around a lot before having it taken/general anxiety etc. If you had high blood pressure, it would be consistently high, even while at rest at home. It's a good sign that it came down at home and has been consistently 129/78 for the whole year as you mentioned. What you probably do need to talk to your gp about is managing stress so your b.p doesn't shoot up every time you visit or get anxious :)

RadioGaGa
24-07-19, 21:38
She's probably just being overly cautious, but measuring blood pressure before an injection in someone with known white coat syndrome is a bit silly

Sounds like classic white coat.