PDA

View Full Version : Vaping/coughing/allergies/scared to death!

NOGOTS
25-07-19, 08:07
Sorry about the title but its late, I'm tired and I really didn't know what else to put. Anyway, I'm Mike and I'm still new here.

For the last couple of months (according to my doctor) allergies have gotten the best of me. The thing that gets me the most here is that I've been vaping since 2013 and have NEVER had an issue with coughing or my throat getting irritated from vaping unless I was sick. Now all of a sudden out of nowhere for the last two months, every time I wake up and vape I cough my lungs out! Even throughout the day I'll still cough every time I take a puff. Yesterday I went to a different shop thinking maybe its the juice so I got something higher in VG and less nicotene. It somewhat helps but I still cough. Logically I tell myself its just allergies because for the last two months I've also had pretty persistant nasal issues so post-nasal drip, perhaps? I don't know. I'm trying to tell myself that maybe all of the coughing has irritated my throat and that's why I keep coughing when I vape but THEN I go to good 'ol Google and read that its something much-much worse! Surely allergies can't last this long.. can it? I'm 34 years old and I've never had this issue. Allergies, sure. But never this long! I'm really freaking out here and I've already seen my doctor but I'm thinking what if she's a quack?! She just keeps telling me to take mucinex and a month later she told me Claritin. None of it seems to really do anything for me. Afrin nasal spray works for congestion of my nose but apparently taking it for a while can cause serious damage. I'm lost and don't know what to do or think!

Midnight-mouse
25-07-19, 10:19
Allergies can and will last as long as the allergens are present, mine start in late May and will be there until late September, I have also been vaping about the same time as you and will cough and have it irritate my throat when I’m ill or have allergies aggravating every thing.

As for never having them linger around for as long, allergies change, we can and do become allergic/sensitive to different things seemingly at random. My mum for example had no symptoms of summer allergies until she was in her 50s!

Positive vibes, trust the doctor.

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carnation
25-07-19, 11:03
That's true Midnight-mouse, this is the first year I have suffered from hay fever and I have been coughing, sneezing, eyes sore, irritated throat for 4 months now.

NOGOTS
25-07-19, 17:17
Four months?! Wow! Did the doctor confirm its allergies?

NOGOTS
25-07-19, 17:19
Thank you for your reply! To give you another example, I just woke up about thirty minutes ago and even without trying to vape, I had a small coughing fit (dry coughing). I know you said not to worry and trust the doctor but I can't help BUT worry.

Fishmanpa
25-07-19, 17:43
I know you said not to worry and trust the doctor but I can't help BUT worry.

Then what can actually be said to help? :shrug: Its not the symptom that is the problem. its the way you react and think about it that is. Perhaps treating the real issue would be in order.

Positive thoughts

Carnation
25-07-19, 18:14
No, I know it's hay fever and I live in a particularly windy area which makes it worse.