PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to?

Carnation
25-07-19, 12:00
As a member of over 5 years you strike up relationships and make friends with other members.
You can end up worrying about them as well as yourself.
But quite often these members just seem to disappear, no warning, reason unknown and sometimes they may just send a private message to one particular person explaining the reason for their absence.
So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for those absentee members.

My first member is.....
What happened to Whispershadow? :shrug:

BlueIris
25-07-19, 12:04
I worry about Whisper, too. I hope she's found somewhere she can be less afraid.

KK77
25-07-19, 12:46
I noticed Whisper had stopped posting but I thought she still used chat room :shrug:

Excellent idea for thread, Carn.

Carys
25-07-19, 12:48
I thought about Whisper only last night!

Carnation
25-07-19, 13:03
As far as I know Whisper left the chat room the same time as the posting stopped on the forum.
As long as she is ok.

aprilmoon
25-07-19, 16:39
I miss Sadnomore,she was lovely and a huge support to me some years ago,she just disappeared one day

aprilmoon
25-07-19, 16:52
I also remember Rennie,Annie,and Oosh

pulisa
25-07-19, 17:07
I think some people just get fed up and move on for various reasons, hopefully for more often than not, good reasons. There comes a limit as to how much help or support you can offer especially when you have significant difficulties of your own. It's probably healthier to do your bit and then carry on with your life away from forums such as NMP?

Carnation
25-07-19, 18:22
If only members would say that though Pulisa, if you are compassionate then you can only wonder if they are ok, especially If you've been supportive and friendly.
They don't even close their account.
If they say they are taking a break or don't need the crutch of the forum then they should say.
As did Raindrops and Kimberley and many other regular posters.
I worry just as much for others. x

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-19, 19:11
I will miss Lola-Lee. If you are out there and you see this your sense of humour will be greatly missed and remember you are a strong person. Bye biker babe. :hugs::flowers:

BlueIris
25-07-19, 19:14
I miss looking at Lola's cat memes.

pulisa
25-07-19, 19:26
I always appreciated Lola's great sense of humour..Has she officially left NMP?

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-19, 19:28
I always appreciated Lola's great sense of humour..Has she officially left NMP?Yes, afraid so. Removed user status.

BlueIris
25-07-19, 19:28
Ohh, no!

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-19, 19:35
I miss Sadnomore,she was lovely and a huge support to me some years ago,she just disappeared one dayI remember Marie, she was ace. Very knowledgeable on supplements too. Annie was lovely and very supportive to everyone.

Carnation
25-07-19, 19:41
Oh no, I didn't know Lola had left. :weep:
BlueIris, I can remedy the cat memes. We used to do that together, although it was started by Noivous.

pulisa
25-07-19, 19:45
I know ideally it would be good for "regulars" to say goodbye but it's their decision and they are entitled to do what suits them and maybe they don't want to draw attention to themselves leaving? Perhaps they don't realise what a significant contribution they made?

AntsyVee
25-07-19, 19:57
I always wonder about Ian from Australia. He was on AZ for years then came over here. His name was something "from down under". He was an army vet, and he gave great medication advise. He had lung problems, and I always hope that he didn't succumb to anymore.

pulisa
25-07-19, 20:57
He has been posting again, Vee.

AntsyVee
25-07-19, 22:43
Ooooh, good! Whew! I haven't been on here in awhile and I didn't see him for so long!

MyNameIsTerry
26-07-19, 02:28
Vee, roseanxiety told us a few weeks back he had moved to Tasmania in a rural area with little comms. He's back on now though.

MyNameIsTerry
26-07-19, 02:29
I miss Magic on here. She seems to have disappeared since the forum upgrade. I hope she is well :hugs:

AntsyVee
26-07-19, 06:37
Yes, I spoke with him earlier:)

Carnation
26-07-19, 09:36
Terry, I think Magic comes on to read occasionally, but it's quite rare these days. I miss her too.
The same goes for Buster.

BlueIris
26-07-19, 09:42
I still think about Glittery a lot; I hope she's feeling better.

Carnation
26-07-19, 09:51
Just a few more names to throw in the pot...................... BikerMatt, Bigboy, Baggs, flipp, Snowghost and Mercime who helped me a lot through my difficult time with my mum. As did others and I was very grateful to have that support. x
Senior Moment and 23fish, who comes on from time to time. x

AntsyVee
27-07-19, 07:27
I miss Bigboy as well

MyNameIsTerry
28-07-19, 01:54
Just a few more names to throw in the pot...................... BikerMatt, Bigboy, Baggs, flipp, Snowghost and Mercime who helped me a lot through my difficult time with my mum. As did others and I was very grateful to have that support. x
Senior Moment and 23fish, who comes on from time to time. x

I miss Bigboy as well

I bet Dave would appreciate a friendly message should anyone want to make contact.

Not heard from Matt for ages. I said something about getting back but then disappeared again. I hope all is well.

MyNameIsTerry
28-07-19, 01:55
Terry, I think Magic comes on to read occasionally, but it's quite rare these days. I miss her too.
The same goes for Buster.

I've seen her a couple of brief times but she's on much less than before the upgrade from what I can tell.

Buster is around but doesn't seem to be posting. I hope he is ok too.

Carnation
28-07-19, 10:56
Terry, Buster comes on to read occasionally and he told me he was taking a break from posting.
I don't want to say anymore than that to protect his privacy.

whispershadow
03-08-19, 23:26
As a member of over 5 years you strike up relationships and make friends with other members.
You can end up worrying about them as well as yourself.
But quite often these members just seem to disappear, no warning, reason unknown and sometimes they may just send a private message to one particular person explaining the reason for their absence.
So I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for those absentee members.

My first member is.....
What happened to Whispershadow? :shrug:

I'm sorry Carn, real life stuff started happening and i just didnt have the mental energy to come here for a bit, so much was going on (work, family stuff, Willow getting sick, etc) :hugs:

i promise i will try and post here a bit more as and when i can :hugs:

Carnation
04-08-19, 00:57
Welcome back Whisper :hugs:
Sorry to hear you been going through it.
You are a fighter and survivor.
Keep positive. xx

Carnation
20-02-22, 11:27
Nora? Has she left? Anyone know if she is ok?

pulisa
20-02-22, 13:42
Nora has always put heart and soul into trying to help people on here..particularly with heath anxiety. She said she was going to take a break to look after her own wellbeing which I think is very sensible because it's so easy to feel absolutely drained when you try so hard and advice falls on deaf ears. I'm sure she'll be back when the time is right for her to return.

Lencoboy
20-02-22, 15:26
Nora has always put heart and soul into trying to help people on here..particularly with heath anxiety. She said she was going to take a break to look after her own wellbeing which I think is very sensible because it's so easy to feel absolutely drained when you try so hard and advice falls on deaf ears. I'm sure she'll be back when the time is right for her to return.

I've been wondering the same about Nora B, as there hasn't been a dickie bird from her on here for ages now, but like you said, she's entitled to a lengthy break if she so wishes, even though I hope she's OK.

There's a couple of others who seemed to have very Trumpite views whom we don't seem to see posting on here very often lately.

Carnation
20-02-22, 15:36
Thanks for letting us know Pulisa x

Catkins
20-02-22, 16:21
Nora always made me laugh. I hope she's doing OK.

Lencoboy
20-02-22, 18:24
Nora always made me laugh. I hope she's doing OK.

Me too (not the #movement)!

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-22, 06:47
Nora is ace. Nuff said! :yesyes:

Not seen Elen on here for ages. I think she's lovely. :hugs:

pulisa
21-02-22, 08:02
Yes she is and I certainly don't blame her for backing off when she has so much to contend with re her own health and the awful challenges of Covid. Just hope she is ok.

Carnation
21-02-22, 11:27
Me too Pulisa.

Pkstracy
09-02-23, 00:46
I'm still here

Carnation
19-07-23, 11:20
Thinking of you PKstracy with your current loss :hugs:

Carnation
19-07-23, 11:22
What's happened to pulisa? And Nora?

And Terry :shrug: no word for months!!!

Darksky
19-07-23, 11:57
I know….Terry will be back. I hope. He was very good with the borderline risqué banter.

Phil? He’s disappeared too.

Carnation
19-07-23, 12:02
Phil has been in chatroom darksky

Lencoboy
11-09-23, 07:48
I do miss Pulisa and Nora B on here. Hope they're both OK since they haven't posted since earlier in the year.

Carnation
11-09-23, 19:30
I hope they both read posts from time to time and know they are both thought of. :hugs: