PDA

View Full Version : Burning in the throat

BlueEyesShining
26-07-19, 20:24
Please help. I think that I am having a mild panic attack...

Sometimes, I take 1 or 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar. I love the taste and it helps with my digestion.
I never dilute it and that is my mistake! Today I drank a bit more of it and I think that I have burned my throat... When I swallow, it burns...

What can I do to soothe it? I tried just drinking lukewarm water, it helps for 10 minutes or so, then it burns again.

Fishmanpa
26-07-19, 20:40
Try a bit of baking soda and water.

Positive thoughts

WorryRaptor
03-08-19, 22:49
Hi Blue,

Apple cider vinegar is known for burning the esophagus as it's pretty harsh on the throat when undiluted,

With throat burns like that, you need to avoid any further irritants while it recovers. While baking soda in water mentioned above does indeed help with heartburn symptoms,it can cause more irritation to your throat if it's already burned due to the apple cider vinegar.

Stuff like warm tea, honey, and lozenges can help to soothe it. Drinking water regularly will help to stop your throat drying out and causing more irritation. If it's really, really painful, you could try an anti-inflammatory pain killer just so it's not bothering you all day. If it doesn't clear up in a couple of days, have your doctor look at it.

And dilute your apple cider vinegar next time :)(I've forgotten to do this too myself, and I thought I'd lost all the taste buds off my tongue!)