PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes behind ear are swollen, no infection

kmm111
28-07-19, 02:52
I woke up this morning with 2 swollen painful lymph nodes behind my right ear, on the bone. I know this usually signals an infection but I haven't been sick or have had any infection or inflammation. Has anyone had painful swollen nodes without a clear cause? Has anyone had them in this location, behind the ear? I'm trying not to freak out but it's hard.

Miles Silverfish
29-07-19, 23:25
I have one behind my left ear that's been there for months. I've had a CT scan and was told it was just shotty. Your's might be too.

Fishmanpa
30-07-19, 00:03
Diagnosed by a medical professional as "swollen" or swollen according to your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

kmm111
30-07-19, 00:47
I haven't seen a doctor yet but it's definitely swollen. The only reason I noticed it is because the area is very tender and it hurts! Believe it or not, with all the things I worry about, lymph nodes are typically not one of them ☺️

kmm111
01-08-19, 14:54
Hello, I woke up 5 days ago with a very palpable, very tender lymph node behind my right ear that was definitely not there the day before. Now the tenderness has disappeared but it's still firm and still very prominent. Is this normal for a reactive node? How long do lymph nodes take to get back to normal and at what point should I become concerned? I am also worried now since the tenderness is gone and I've read that painless nodes can mean something sinister.

nomorepanic
01-08-19, 15:10
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

katniss
02-08-19, 05:17
I haven’t had them behind the ear but I did have the ones at the front of my ears swell up back in university. They were tender and swollen. It was just the strangest thing. The doc gave me antibiotics and I stupidly took them (didn’t know any better at the time). They eventually went down by themselves. The right one is still a little enlarged but it’s been 11 years now so I’m not worried.

Also, I wasn’t sick or anything when they swelled up.

Liddy1993
03-08-19, 18:12
I have one behind my left ear that came up when I was 13 and had tonsilitis and never went back again and I’m now 26 sometimes they pop up and don’t go back down. From all my lymph node worries you only need worry if they’re growing and if they aren’t you needed worry. They might take a few weeks to go back down and then again they may be with you for life. What you consider swollen aswell may not even be swollen I used to worry about little pea sized ones when in reality doctors only worry about ACTUALLY swollen visable huge lumps.