PDA

View Full Version : Lump on leg, mind is running wild

marissav1.0
31-07-19, 02:51
So last week I accidentally shut my van door on my left leg. It didn't really hurt much at the time, but now I've developed a lump on my leg. There's a bruise there, and it's painful to the touch. It's larger than a quarter, maybe the size of a silver dollar.

Of course my mind is running wild, thinking it could be a sarcoma. Rationally, I know sarcomas are very rare and it's probably something else, but anxiety is not rational.

It doesn't help that I don't have the funds to get checked out right now. I've been putting a warm, wet towel on the area at night and using over the counter muscle rub on it. Doesn't seem to be getting better or worse.
🙄🙄🙄

Fishmanpa
31-07-19, 03:33
I understand that anxiety isn't always rational but that said, you have a very obvious cause and effect here. You really have to tell your anxiety to stick it on this one ;)

Positive thoughts

marissav1.0
04-08-19, 01:05
Yes, but it drives me crazy not knowing exactly WHAT it is. The initial lump has gotten harder, and since I'm not a dr, I can only comb the internet to figure out what causes a hard lump to form after trauma to a muscle. I've had a hematoma before, after my c section, and it doesn't feel the same - that felt more like a hardboiled egg under the skin whereas this is hard like a piece of gravel under the skin. But I'm talking about my soft lower belly vs my more muscled leg, so I can't be sure. I just took some anti-inflammatory pain killers. It doesn't really hurt unless I start touching it too much. I've been loading up on vitamins, drinking a bunch of water, in hopes of speeding the healing process.

Liddy1993
04-08-19, 20:16
Have you seriously never had a lump appear when you’ve hurt or bruised your skin? Almost any time I’ve gotten a bad bruise a lump develops under it and takes a while to go alone with the bruise. That’s all it is. You literally know how you’ve gotten this lump you just need to tell your anxiety to do one with this worry.