PDA

View Full Version : Strange buzzing question

DaveCH
31-07-19, 12:16
I was in the shower yesterday morning and when cleaning my private regions I noticed a vibrating buzzing sensation on the outside of my left knee. So when I touch the skin between my groin and scrotum on the left hand side I get a buzzing outside my left knee. I do a lot of running and last week increased my weekly running from 30km to 40km so it’s probably from over running but really strange and just wondering if anyone has had something similar and how long does it take to go away.

lofwyr
31-07-19, 14:31
I get buzzing, twitching, vibrating all the time. I have for years and years. I don't pay it any attention at all anymore, and I am fine and doing well. You have your own reason for it right there, I wouldn't give it another thought.

stucoo
01-08-19, 15:56
Hi, have you ever been told what causes it?

lofwyr
02-08-19, 04:35
Anxiety.

adamden
02-08-19, 19:25
Probably just reaction of the muscles in that area. A lot of the muscles in your leg run together, so perhaps you may have just found one that connects through your knee too.
But yes, anxiety will make you think about it and over analyze it ;)

pav1984
02-08-19, 22:07
I got a bit worried there when you started with strange buzzing when looking after you bits in the shower. 😂

If your head was leaning down maybe it was just a case of streching a nerve or something. Seems daft but everything is connected. I get a weird feeling when i put my head down.

Fishmanpa
02-08-19, 22:17
I got a bit worried there when you started with strange buzzing when looking after you bits in the shower. 

If your head was leaning down maybe it was just a case of streching a nerve or something. Seems daft but everything is connected. I get a weird feeling when i put my head down.

Ha! :) That was my first thought reading the thread title and subsequent post. There's something to be said about this though. I have a side effect from cancer treatment and surgery called Lhermitte's syndrome and it's exactly that feeling. Sometimes when I look down I get what feels like an electric shock feeling that goes through my spine and into my arms and body. Not saying it's that but it is caused by that maneuver and a rather common feeling associated with bending your head forward. While weird and somewhat unsettling, its totally benign. Just try to avoid that movement is all.

Positive thoughts

adamden
02-08-19, 22:26
Ha! :) That was my first thought reading the thread title and subsequent post. There's something to be said about this though. I have a side effect from cancer treatment and surgery called Lhermitte's syndrome and it's exactly that feeling. Sometimes when I look down I get what feels like an electric shock feeling that goes through my spine and into my arms and body. Not saying it's that but it is caused by that maneuver and a rather common feeling associated with bending your head forward. While weird and somewhat unsettling, its totally benign. Just try to avoid that movement is all.

Positive thoughts

I actually get that feeling too (fellow cancer survivor here), and when I asked my doctor’s about it, they told me the same thing. Pretty interesting.

pav1984
02-08-19, 22:31

Positive thoughts

Thats the name i was thinking of. Doc said i have that. Had it years.

DaveCH dont google it though... Rabbit hole and all that. I made that mistake. Remember Google hates us.