PDA

View Full Version : Relationships

Keep going
19-09-07, 10:14
Hi, with my Social Anxiety getting better and me meeting more people, i'd thought i'd start dating again. initially starting on-line dating, so i started to chat to this person on line, thought i was getting on really well. Getting all the right responses etc etc. But the other day i find out that, she's now in a relationship and while shes been talking with me. She's been talking with a few other guys, i mean i know its the 21st century, but trust and honesty i feel are a big thing in getting to know somebody??

Its kinda shattered my confidense at the moment, can anybody help me move on. Make a positive from a negative. any kind words of advice will be greatly recieved. While i'm on this down patch.

Stuart:blush:

pips
19-09-07, 12:29
Sorry to hear that Stu. She should have been honest with you.

Keep trying hun don't let it ruin your confidence.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/curion123/g3/ksriver80/h/27.gif
Stay Strong,

Take Care,

Love Pip's X

lilibet
19-09-07, 12:57
Dear Stu

She was not fair to you, honesty has to be the key to everything.

lots of love to you

lilibet x x x x x

darkangel
19-09-07, 13:07
Dont give up on the on-line dating, there are plently of really genuine people out there - I met my partner on one 9 months ago.

Personally I think its best to be honest, but keep in mind there are a lot of people on those sites just for a bit of fun.

Keep trying though and in time you will meet the right person for you.

Luv Darkangel x:flowers:

bet
19-09-07, 15:43
sorry to hear that stuart,best to find out now though.I'm sure there are lots of other genuine nice people on online dating.

bet

Southern_Belle
19-09-07, 17:22
Hi Stu,

Sorry to hear she wasn't a honest person. In every relationship whether on-line or not you have to start off trusting the person. I would just ask starting right off if they have a relationship and trust they are telling the truth. You must stick your neck out there for anything to begin. Good luck.

Laura

Keep going
20-09-07, 13:45
Thanks people, once again your words of support have help me a great deal:). The positive thing from what i've learn't here is that, i have more experience in this matter. And know what to do in the future and to keep going and not to let it worry me:D.

Once again thanks again, your "quality" peeps :yesyes: Stuart

knightbabe
20-09-07, 16:59
Stuart
Get chatting to others there are genuine people out there. I met my current hubby online nearly 9 yrs ago now. We have been married 7 yrs.
Leigh

lucy0927
25-09-07, 15:08
Hi Stu,

I know a few people who have met partners online though it never seems to be the first one they contacted. They always seem to have to work through the rough to find the diamond, there's many people out there both when dating online and offline that are not looking for the same thing as you.

Maybe next time after you've got to know the person and before getting too involved find out if you're both coming from the same place and looking for the same thing. There's more than a few people out there just looking to up their self confidence by stringing people along without thinking about their feelings.

All I can say is don't give up, there's geninue people out there and you'll find them, it may just take a few tries.

xx

shoegal
25-09-07, 16:35
Hi Stu,

I just thought I'd let you know that when I first started talking to people online I met a few men who were talking to other women at the same time as me and obviously those guys were not right for me. Then I met one man who I really liked, and after chatting every day for 4 months we decided to meet. Everybody said he wouldn't be the way I imagined... but he was EXACTLY the way I imagined and we are now a couple.
I think the internet is a great way to meet people if you find it difficult to go out. In some ways I think it is better because I think it can be easier to open up to someone online than in person. When I met my boyfriend for the first time I was really nervous about it, but as soon as we met it was as if we had known each other for years because we already knew so much about each other!!!

Don't give up hope Stu. There are plenty of people online who are looking for the same things as you.

Good luck!!! :)

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx