PDA

View Full Version : Bruise - yes a bruise :(

nicole97
02-08-19, 15:23
Yes I know, I can't believe I am writing about a bruise. The thing is, I do NOT bruise. EVER. I have broken bones and you couldn't even tell, I just don't bruise. A few days ago, I had this little bruise pop up on my forearm. I don't remember hitting anything (and for me to bruise, I would have had to hit pretty hard) and it hasn't changed at all, no sign of lightening up at all. It's about the size of a dime. No lump with it, doesn't hurt to press on it, nothing like that. It's kind of a light pinkish-brown bruisy color. If I were a person that bruised, I wouldn't care, but I don't. And this popped up out of nowhere and isn't showing any signs of going away so far.

katniss
02-08-19, 17:34
Hi Nicole,

It’s so strange because I had something similar happen a few years ago. Before this I had never bruised before and it was a shock to see three big bruises on my leg. They went away in about 5 to 7 days I believe. And since that happened I have noticed some occasional bruises on me but they do go away so I don’t worry too much about them anymore. I’m sure yours will also go away. Has it changed in color?

nicole97
02-08-19, 18:46
Not at all. I would have expected a little fading now, but nothing. I'll keep watching it. It was just so surprising, because, like you, I never bruise.

BlueIris
02-08-19, 19:14
Something to bear in mind: your body changes as you grow older.

nicole97
02-08-19, 20:46
I know. I have been so good for a while now. But like I said, I never bruise, ever. Through broken bones, surgeries, clumsiness, no bruising. It just threw me for a loop.