PDA

View Full Version : S.A.D

tory
19-09-07, 11:08
I'm feeling sad as the days are growing shorter i can feel myself getting anxious and stressed for no real reason. I have a brilliant family, so i thought i sit & write to you all.

:frown: :wacko: :wall:
Toryxx

Lindalou64
19-09-07, 12:41
Hello Tory And Welcome....i Find Myself Feeling Worse In The Winter Months Myself................linda

yorkylover
19-09-07, 13:26
Hi,you are not alone.I feel like this to.I hate the cold weather,I feel cold in the summer!!!!!!:wacko: :wacko: My moods seem to go downwards,and I dont like to get up in the cold mornings.:weep: :weep:

SammiB
19-09-07, 13:47
Hey tory, know how your feeling, i've got more sad as the weather has got colder and the days shorter.

i hate having to wake up go to work come home have 5 mins to myself n then going to bed, but if we all keep our chins up then xmas will be here b4 we know it

xxx

KrazyKaz07
19-09-07, 14:04
Hello Tory,
A very big warm :welcome:to you.

tory
19-09-07, 14:43
Thank you to you all for your replies. Its nice to know that there's some to talk to even when i'm on my own

Tory xxxx:hugs: :blush:

Southern_Belle
19-09-07, 15:15
Hi Tory,

Welcome to the site. It isn't getting colder yet where I live but I also do not like the Winter months. The great thing about this site is we find out how much we are not alone in our feelings.

Hugs,

Laura

trac67
19-09-07, 15:43
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
19-09-07, 19:45
Hi and a warm :welcome: aboard.

Lovely to see you here.

groovygranny
19-09-07, 20:14
Hi Tory:welcome:to you!

Yep - it's that ruddy time of year again!

I usually cope by imaging crisp, cold days - where the air is clearer and colours are sharper. And huge log fires roaring away in the hearth (I am not blessed with a fireplace :weep: so have to dream!)

I know some on here use one of those lamps that immitate daylight - perhaps that's something you might consider? Sorry I don't know exactly what they're called.

Anyway, pleased to meet you! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here!

:)

honeybee3939
19-09-07, 21:52
Hi Tory

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.

I think most people dont like the long winter months me included, im actually going to enquire about a evening arts and crafts class in my local town, maybe you could see if theres any evening classes in your area which could pass the winter months away:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Nibbles
19-09-07, 22:38
Hi Tory and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I'm not a fan of the winter months either but my photography helps as you can get some great shots. Perhaps you could try taking up a hobby like that.

Take care,

Mike :)

memyselfandi
19-09-07, 23:07
Hi

I Believe its a mnd thing. If you expect winter to be miserable then it is! I expect if you had a severe allergic and embarassing reaction to sunlight then you would expect summer to be miserable. Just think about hay feaver sufferers?

May be listing all the positives about the next few months it may not seem so grim. Is it because we go to work early and finish late that we do not have any day light time to ourselves.

My favorites are:-

Cold dry nights
Frosty mornings
Sledging in the snow
Making apple cider
Drinking what I have made the year before.
Halloween parties
Bonfire night and the smell of gun powder when it just burn't
The fall of the leaves especially in the country.
A week in tenerife warming myself up for xmas.
Xmas day and watching my kids eyes light up with excitement.
Picking my home grown brussel sprouts and eating them xmas day.
preparing the soil for the next growing season.
The winter solstace (days start to get longer)
Post xmas walks in the country.

Need I go on....Try your own list. I find when you try to enjoy the seasons my list is longer for winter than this wet summer.

Its the small things that make all the difference.

Hope this helps

Mark xx

loubylou
22-09-07, 18:32
Hi Tory :D

Welcome to NMP, yes I hate the winter to, this is when I get most down and panicky, but keep positive, theres many good people here, and u will get lots of good advice.

Keep smiling & Good luck :yesyes:

Lou x