PDA

View Full Version : Red lump in drink...FREAKING OUT

sanvers
03-08-19, 20:53
Hi everyone,

This sounds a bit ridiculous but I am seriously freaking out so I need your help. I’m staying at my grandmother’s house and she made us a cup of tea. I was almost finished when I saw at the bottom of the cup there was a red jelly like hard piece of something. It was substantially big, almost the size of a grape. Immediately i stopped drinking and took it out. The best I can describe it is something like a piece of meat. There was no veins or anything inside but I broke it up on a tissue and there was pink stains coming out almost like blood. I’m totally freaked out because I didn’t cough anything up and my grandma claims there was nothing in the cup. But surely I’d feel something come out my throat? I’m now totally freaking out incase it’s a tumor or a clot or something. Please help I’m going crazy with worry in case it’s cancer

WorryRaptor
03-08-19, 23:03
That is a strange one. Tumours don't just fall out of your face into cups of tea though, don't worry. A clot would likely dissolve in the tea, and would be dark dark red with no mistaking what it was. You mentioned a pink, jelly like substance. Did it have any kind of discerning shape? Was it totally uniform in colour? Did you have anything to eat while drinking your tea? Did you have milk in your tea? It could have been some lumpy milk. There's a trend of putting jam in tea to sweeten it, maybe your grandmother used something different to flavour the tea?

sanvers
04-08-19, 00:15
That is a strange one. Tumours don't just fall out of your face into cups of tea though, don't worry. A clot would likely dissolve in the tea, and would be dark dark red with no mistaking what it was. You mentioned a pink, jelly like substance. Did it have any kind of discerning shape? Was it totally uniform in colour? Did you have anything to eat while drinking your tea? Did you have milk in your tea? It could have been some lumpy milk. There's a trend of putting jam in tea to sweeten it, maybe your grandmother used something different to flavour the tea?

Hey, thanks so much for the reply. It was dark brown/red kind of colour. Almost like meat of some sort, not uniform in colour. Triangular shape if i had to say. I didn’t eat anything while drinking it but I did have milk in my tea. I’m thinking maybe it was something gross that was in the milk?... she’s not sure what it is. I’m just freaked out something has come out of my throat. When i put it on toilet roll, it left bright pink marks which i’m concerned are blood. It sounds ridiculous, I know, I’m just totally scared it’s something that’s come out of my body without me realising.

Liddy1993
04-08-19, 20:14
If it was something you coughed up you’d know it wouldn’t just slip out silently. My guess is that either she didn’t notice there was maybe jam or jelly in the bottom of the cup before she made you tea or she used a spoon which had something remaining on it when she stirred your tea. Also you described it as hard a clot isn’t hard and it would’ve dissolved in the hot water and as I said before you would’ve known you had coughed it up and would also have other symptoms with this.