PDA

View Full Version : Night anxiety?

flappergirl
04-08-19, 22:03
Hi,

I am really struggling with the anxiety. I have started taking meds about 2 weeks ago and I have surges of anxiety. Last weekend was horrific. Since then, my panic has subsided a little bit I am worrying/anxious all day long. I am shattered. Tonight, as I am snoozing on the sofa, I keep waking up in a panic. My legs have jelly dread feeling, I get pins and needles, chest feeling like it is squeezing and I am totally panicked, like the feeling I am falling or dying. Literally every time I start to drop off.

When I wake, often my stomach is so knotted from anxiety at night, and my ribs ache from tensed muscles. I have talked to GP about this but not the waking up bit, since I figured it was the meds and will calm down.

I am now freaking out and don’t want to sleep in case I die. I am shattered though and I can’t cope. My chest is so tight at the mo, I am sure it is anxiety but I worry it is something deadly.

Help!!

nomorepanic
04-08-19, 23:05
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239