PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head pretty hard.

HelloPanda23
06-08-19, 03:53
Alright so, today, I ended up getting up after placing a few heavy objects on the ground, and hitting my head pretty hard on a cabinet. It actually hurt a decent amount and caught me off guard, however, the pain kind of went away after 10 mins. I had no vision problems, no loss of conciousness, and felt normal the whole time. The only thing was that the area of which I hit my head hurt, and now only stings a very tiny bit when I touch it. I’m assuming its sore and that’s apparently a good sign as far as ik because it means the bruise is healing. I’ve also checked my pupils multiple times. I’ve looked in the mirror, flashed light on them and checked through the mirror to see if they got much smaller, and etc. My pupil sizes were and are the same, so I’m assuming this proves that I have no brain injury. It’s also been 5 hours and 20 mins since I hit my head. Obviously, this should all be enough to prove that I got no problem, however, I read a few things about how brain bleeding can occur much later without any symptoms or anything, and so that kind of scared me a decent amount. I’d like a bit of reassurance and information that can be useful in tackling this fear, along with whether it’s safe to sleep or not. Oh and, I feel as though this is valuable information so I’ll state it, after the incident, I kind of felt like I had brain fog, but it went away after I stopped worrying a lot about this problem, and so other than that I’ve had no symptom for the past 5 hours, making a concussion highly unlikely right?

ankietyjoe
06-08-19, 11:45
Boxers hit each other repeatedly with forces exceeding 1000lb.

You'd be surprised just how hard you need to hit your head to suffer anything close to concussion.

BlueIris
06-08-19, 11:50
I've been hit on the back of the head by a light aircraft (granted, it was grounded, but those things are heavy).

Felt horrible, but no concussion.

HelloPanda23
06-08-19, 14:35
Thanks for the reassuring replies. I woke up this morning to absolutely no symptoms, and honesty, I had the greatest sleep I’ve had in a while. The part of my head that was hit is barely even sore anymore and when I touch it it has a very minuscule sting. Hopefully, I can expect nothing bad to happen from here on out. Also, I am sure that hitting my head on the cabinet hurt really bad, but I also feel like since I have anxiety, I felt more pain that I logically would have because my mentality is so in touch with my physical well being. This is because the only reason I was worrying was because I banged my head really hard but I don’t even have a bump on my head, and apparently not even a concussion so I guess this was all anxiety from the start. Thanks everyone for the help again!