PDA

View Full Version : Really really hot

SammiB
19-09-07, 17:17
I think i might have had a small panic attack this afternoon and normally i wouldn't worry about getting a small hot flush afterwards but this has now lasted for 4 hours

i've been drinking water non stop, and still very warm, should i go to A and E

i've also got a headache that comes and goes aswell

eeeeek

i'm only 19 (not menopause)

Ger
21-09-07, 22:19
That sounds like something I experienced earlier this year. I'm not really sure why it happens but it could be due to anxiety.

A few months ago, my face suddenly went bright red and hot (I wasn't even doing anything out of the ordinary - just sitting faffing about with the computer). It lasted for about 4 hours, then it got back to normal - although it made me very anxious. Then, the next week the same thing happened again. This time it just lasted a couple of hours. But then I had a glass of wine as I'd been feeling OK again and it came back! I still had it the next day so I went to the walk-in centre and saw a nurse who told me it was an allergic reaction to something and gave me some antihistamines. By the time I got home, the flush had disappeared without taking them! Since then it's come back in a milder form - bits of my face go hot and red. A couple of months back I asked my doctor and she said it wasn't an allergic reaction but it was due to anxiety.

I found that splashing cold water on my face made me feel a bit better. I dread it coming back, but think if it did I'd just try to relax and go to bed - see how it was when I woke up.