PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to loose friends as we get older, or is it just me?

Cutecat25
06-08-19, 14:18
I’m 26, and feel more alone than I ever have before. My friendship circle seems to be dwindling and I can’t understand why. Friends are moving overseas, getting into relationships, having kids, and it seems like we just loose contact with one another.
I feel like i’m not important or worthwhile enough to keep as a friend and that relationships mean more to me than they do to the other person.
Has anyone else lost friendships with age?
I feel so alone in life, I just cannot understand why no one ever stays in my life...:(

BlueIris
06-08-19, 14:27
It's one of the sad things about growing older, unfortunately - people find other commitments, and friendships drop away.

I've always found it absolutely heartbreaking.

fishman65
07-08-19, 19:49
It happens yes. I met Mrs F and left behind a circle of friends. I don't think its deliberate but dynamics change along with priorities. It is indeed sad.

EmmerLooeez
07-08-19, 20:55
It is hard, I know what you mean. I think sometimes I've been the friend that has moved on and also the friend that has been moved on from.
Do you make an effort to keep in contact with your friends and meet them as well? I think sometimes if we're of an anxious disposition it's easy for us to sit back and perceive people leaving us sometimes, because they're not inviting us to do things or messaging us, but we can invite them and message them instead. (I speak from experience)

There are always friends to be made too. Sending love xx

SnowyGreen
08-08-19, 04:32
'

Phar
08-08-19, 08:07
Hi yes this happened with me too. my best friends moved away abroad. Then I had a few good friends ive had since school but now they all have a relationship or children and dont see them that much! It is hard with depression and anxiety as its easy to just stay in and believe no one wants to be friends. Some of my colleagues have been helping me be a bit more social but I still struggle with it. I hope u can reach out to someone if your struggling

Sent from my HUAWEI CAN-L01 using Tapatalk