PDA

View Full Version : Anus pain

KrankerMann
08-08-19, 13:06
Good day all
For a couple of days now I have had pain around the anal area. It feels like a short, stabby pain that comes for a second or two and then goes just inside and to the left of the anal opening and it also feels almost as if it is burning or irritated in some way. It can sometimes feel hot, sweaty or "wet" there, is this normal? My anxious mind is jumping to what if blood is leaking out, but there doesn't appear to be any.
My main fear is bowel cancer, but all doctors I've seen have dismissed this. Would these feelings even be caused by bowel cancer?
Thanks for any assistance.

MyNameIsTerry
08-08-19, 14:23
I can tell you that as someone who has had piles since his early twenties what you have said is what I would be experiencing when they were a bit inflamed. It feels like something is leaking, stinging, soreness or irritation, etc.

If it gets bad then sitting in warm salt water baths helped me at times.

KrankerMann
08-08-19, 16:12
Thank you very much for the reply Terry. Those are good descriptive words to describe it. It feels sore, irritated and annoying around the anus.
What concerns me is I have had two finger-up-the-bum tests and neither doctor could see or feel piles. I've not seen blood for a while either, not sure if this is a good or bad sign!
These symptoms started after two loose BMs in a day. Perhaps they irritated me somewhat.

MyNameIsTerry
08-08-19, 16:41
I would see if it keeps happening then as it could be the IBS. I remember someone on here seeing a consultant about that area of the body and he said loose stools are more acidic which can aggravate existing piles so I wonder whether the same can be said for a sore bum anyone might get from IBS?