PDA

View Full Version : Varicose veins

NewYorkgirl
09-08-19, 18:26
I have recently become concerned over a very prominent blue vein on my right shin. Sometimes it's raised and sometimes it's not. I've got my self into a state over it being a varicose vein. I really don't want it to turn into one. And I've now become obsessed with keeping my feet elevated or having a cold compress on it. I exercise 3/4 times a week. I'm not overweight and I don't have a job where I'm sitting or standing for long periods of time. But now that I have focused on it my leg is aching all the time. I have to tell myself not to look at it all the time. Once again something is consuming my every thought. I know it's a very superficial worry but I am literally thinking and unfortunately googling it all the time.

Fishmanpa
09-08-19, 18:31
So what are you looking for from the members here over this "very superficial" very slightly possible potential cosmetic worry?

Positive thoughts

RadioGaGa
09-08-19, 18:57
Agree with above advice from Fishman

Wear compression hoisery if you really want to

NewYorkgirl
09-08-19, 19:22
Thanks for replying..it's ridiculous I know. I guess it comes back to obsessive behaviour/checking behaviour. I convince myself it will be an ugly debilitating 'something' that will effect my quality of life. I get the hot panic and everything else that comes with it. I'm trying but losing at the moment. But will keep on.

flappergirl
09-08-19, 23:43
Hi,

I have a varicose vein that has got bigger and more pronounced. I feel it is ugly but doctor said it was nothing compared to some he’s seen. It may hurt, and it will swell on hot days or when you’re on your feet a lot. A varicose vein is a weakness in the vein wall, I think, and the vein stretches out. Wearing compression socks and keeping legs elevated when possible helps reduce them.

nomorepanic
09-08-19, 23:47
You can get them cut out if it is one - no big deal but I think you are making more out of this than there is