PDA

View Full Version : How common? ("Symtoms")

mbee
11-08-19, 11:50
Hi All,

another HA battler here, but doing what i can to get through it and sometimes just got to ask the questions - so here i am!

Nodes
Well, ive had a largish node for a couple of years now, movable, not too hard and been ultrasounded a number of times, never grown, but never really shrunk (about 1.4cm x 8mm at last u/s) and identified as "morphologically normal appearing and no abnormal lymph node masses seen"

As of about a month or so ago, ive had another pop up, seems about half the size of the one above, and only really stands out if i tilt my head to the opposite side, therfore pushing my neck out so to speak, which in turn would make the node more prominant?

Itching
I get itching all over, at random times but happens quote a bit over the day, but what gets me the most is itching on the side of the neck near where the problematic lymph node is, in fact, typing about it now is resulting in itching!!

Rationale: I know this is an anxiety trait, I am trying to reassure myself of this, and the fact that it targets the node area i believe is pschosomatic

Fatigue
I get constant fatigue, I can be wrecked by about 7 - 8pm, and normally wake up around 7am and wrecked again by

Rationale: Anxiety/Stress can cause fatigue, add endep (amitripilyne) medication and crestor (cholesterol meds) along with working full time and a family to juggle im sure its a combination of all that, not "C"

Air Hunger
I wouldn't call it shortness of breath, as i can usually recover by taking a long deep breath, but i constantly get this feeling like my lungs are not full, happens at all times of the day, could be sitting, walking whatever

Rationale: "Air hunger" is a common anxiety trait, and one that is most experienced (from what i read)

I have had a full round of bloods done, recent u/s of the neck as mentioned above and a chest x-ray to rule out any issues relating to the shortness of breath, xray was clear!

I guess, whilst it seems i have identified method to my madness, i am equally reaching out to see what others experience

How many of you have multiple "largish" nodes in your neck that don't go away?
How many of you experience body itching, but in particular near said nodes?
How many of you experience this air hunger feeling?

Thanking you all in advance, hopefully my post helps others, along with the comments you post

Fishmanpa
11-08-19, 13:04
The symptoms you describe have been discussed here ad nauseam and are all anxiety symptoms (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms). Concerning nodes, Nodes are a big topic here on the boards. Being a Stage IVa Head and Neck cancer survivor, I know nodes. What you describe is normal and the fact is, HAers tend to poke and prod so much they become shotty.

What you've essentially done in your post is use a CBT technique by listing the symptom and the most probable logical non threatening cause. Using that technique is key to keeping you grounded.

Positive thoughts

turbo1
11-08-19, 15:01
Ι have 2-3 palpable nodes im my right side of neck i ultrasounded the biggest was 1.2 in its long axis (i think the whole idea for the 1cm limit is for the short axis).l also have itching in random places it just jumps for one place to another.Its not an all day thing though and i would call it surface itch it goes away easy with a scratch.I had a few night sweats in these past 4 months that i am afraid of lymphoma hopefully not drenching but still they worry me.My latest worry is when i drink alcohol i have a little discomfort like a heavy feeling in the side of my neck where the lymph nodes locate.I am super afraid for these last 4 months at age 22 thinking especially hodgkins.Did full blood test chest xray ultra sound of neck ultra sound of abdomen (for spleen and liver issues) all clear.3 doctors saw my nodes said they are normal.But still i think that as lymphoma shows 100% only with biopsy that is the only way that i will know.