PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Smells?

Roosterruby
11-08-19, 17:36
Well, this is a new one.
This morning I awoke to a strange odor, almost rubbery and eerily familiar. I knew it was a phantom smell, because I've had them before, but never one of this kind! Of course, being the hypochondriac that I am, I look up phantom smells and find that they can be associated with stroke and seizure! I am now terrified that I am about to have one of these problems. I've had the phantom smell twice this morning and am gradually growing more terrified. I am a relatively healthy 23 year old and all of this feels unlikely, but I am absolutely frightened anyway.
Can anyone provide some comfort?

xoxo

nomorepanic
11-08-19, 18:35
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

nomorepanic
11-08-19, 18:36
We have quite a lot of posts about this so have a search for them so you can read what people say about it.

RadioGaGa
12-08-19, 13:41
Is the smell associated with other symptoms? How long does it last? Is it intense - can you smell or taste any other smell during it?