PDA

View Full Version : Woke up this morning with sore/inflammed throat, now obsessingly worrying. Advice?

Mark_P
12-08-19, 21:25
Hi guys. As you know, being an anxiety sufferer we tend to become melodramatic about symptoms we get. Anyway, today I woke up with a inflammed and sore throat. I didn't know why, but was trying to rethink all the foods & drinks I consumed the night before. I was thinking, maybe it was the freshly squeezed lemon juice I drank, or maybe it was the coffees and herbal teas I drank. Maybe it was the salt & vinegar and chilli doritos I ate. I was trying to retrace to figure it out.

Anyway, now I am stressing that it's throat cancer or some horrible infection/disease. It has only been a day I've had it. I have felt a little lightheaded, but I think that's maybe to do with my raised anxiety/stress levels and also my gym workouts + lack of sleep. However, I start to think it's interconnected because of my health anxiety about my throat.

I was just looking for some advice/reassurance really. If it's still present in a couple days I think I'll go pay the doctor a visit. For now though, I am trying to relax and not overly worry.

Dying_Swan
12-08-19, 21:40
Could it be as simple as a common cold virus? Mine usually start with a sore throat, sometimes they don't do much more than that, other times they develop into colds. See a doctor if you feel you need to, but common cold would be my first thought, and infinitely more likely than throat cancer.