PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about not being anxious

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 09:07
Why is it I had a good day yesterday and woke up today and felt pretty good but I’m starting to feel anxious about not being anxious?

Like I feel I can’t be happy because I haven’t been for so long or like if I do be happy it will just stop and I’ll be back to square one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 11:10
And as expected my tummy is now in knots and I feel anxious!

I hate my brain

LJay
13-08-19, 11:18
I know this almost sounds cliche, but have you tried relaxation techniques? What normally relaxes you? I find putting some rain sounds on youtube, or going for a massage, helps me.

Wishing you all the best.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 13:27
I have tried them but I don’t really find they help too much

ankietyjoe
13-08-19, 13:47
You have to try them more than once, and practice them for months.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 13:48
Yea true joe, is it normal to feel anxious though when I was feeling like I was getting back to normal

ankietyjoe
13-08-19, 13:53
Yes. Recovery isn't linear, you go back and forward.

If I had one piece of advice you should have tattoo'd to the back of your hand, it's to not react to every single thing that you experience. The relaxation techniques are a must. Your recovery is your responsibility. If something doesn't work in 5 seconds, do it for 10 seconds....etc etc.

You're leaping from one irrational worry to the next, and you have to figure out the best way for YOU to stand back and look at the bigger picture.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 13:56
I know you’re right, I’m starting to have more good positive moments so trying to cling on to that, but this nervous sinking feeling in my tummy keeps grounding me back to feeling down and anxious

ankietyjoe
13-08-19, 15:05
It's just a symptom. When you feel it, direct your thought back to the fact that you're having better days. It probably won't 'cure' that particular moments sensation, but eventually it will train your brain to not react at every negative sensation and just accept them and move on. It's how meditation works.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 15:14
Just a symptom of my physical anxiety?

I woke up feeling so positive but then out of the blue my tummy just knots up and I feel anxious in my stomach and cramping

I will try to keep telling myself it’s just anxiety and overtime hopefully I will feel more and more positive

ankietyjoe
13-08-19, 15:26
Good. And do it for weeks, not just minutes.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 15:39
But the nervous tummy is just a symptom of my anxiety right?

BlueIris
13-08-19, 15:51
You know the answer to that.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 16:09
I’d like to think I do but the doubt is horrible

ankietyjoe
13-08-19, 16:11
You're already not doing what you said you were going to do.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 16:43
I know!! I’m so bad at being positive!

My tummy has been stressed all day and now feels like I constantly need to be on the toilet [emoji30]

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 19:04
Can’t believe I’m feeling like this :( I was so positive for 2 days and my stomach is now back to how it was :( I can’t do this anymore it’s mentally draining

Fishmanpa
13-08-19, 19:28
Chronicling every niggle and feeling here isn't helping you at all :lac:

Positive thoughts

ankietyjoe
13-08-19, 20:08
"I know you're right, but I'm going to keep repeating the same mental habits anyway"

That's what I'm hearing.

Noworryjonny
13-08-19, 20:52
I don’t know if it’s the anxiety causing this feeling or the sertraline,

The feeling of needing to poo disappeared for four days and now it’s back just when I was feeling positive

ankietyjoe
13-08-19, 20:57
Dude, you have a habit of starting a thread, asking for reassurance, getting reassurance, agreeing with the reassurance and then repeating your initial fear ad infinitum.

Let me make this one point. As long as you keep doing this you will never, ever recover. It's literally not possible and will never, ever happen. You will remain mentally ill and suffer for your entire life if you keep doing it, I absolutely, 100% guarantee you this.

Once again I'm out of one of your threads that disintegrates into repetition.