PDA

View Full Version : Pulse, painless throb, fascination in head- so scared

LilyLabVA
13-08-19, 18:55
I have not been on in a while (YAY). Last night I had a hard time falling asleep so was tossing and turning to get comfortable. I laid flat on my back, head on pillow, and could feel the back of my head pulsating or throbbing, Totally painless, not a headache and not deep in my head...... but so weird feeling. Almost similar to if you had been upside down then straight again. It really felt unusual and I started going down the rabbit hole of what if. I am worried I will need a CT Scan or MRI which is a huge fear of mine. However logically, it doesn't even seem like it involved my brain if you will... it was more like the outter cranium, scalp and such. I cant tell if it pulsed with my pulse or what just throbbiing/pulsing on its own. Eventually stopped but left me freaked out.
I'm scared it will return tonight. Anyone have anything similar?

bin tenn
14-08-19, 00:53
Yep, happens to me sometimes. No idea what may cause it, or what exactly is "pulsating", but it must be harmless. I'm still here... :-D

LilyLabVA
18-08-19, 20:31
Unfortunatly, its been occuring off and on all week. Ususally when I'm still I notice it.... or lay down, sit down stand up. No pain, just a pulse pulse pulse in the back of my head between my ears. Its making me very nervous about a brain issue. It its just blood flow or tight muscle, I'm okay. Neck muscles have been very tight this week.

bin tenn
19-08-19, 00:27
"usually when I'm still I notice it" - classic anxiety, IMO. Being more aware of normal bodily sensations, especially when resting / relaxing. I also don't tend to notice anything until I'm sitting still.

carriewriting
19-08-19, 12:04
I get something like this from time to time. I use a heat pack to relax my neck and shoulders. That helps a lot.

LilyLabVA
20-08-19, 03:11
Anyone ??

Fishmanpa
20-08-19, 03:29
Lily.... it's anxiety. You're hyper-focused and tense and your anxiety is looking for things to feed on.

Positive thoughts