PDA

View Full Version : Spider veins on face

pav1984
13-08-19, 21:45
I have noticed some spider veins on my face. Mainly cheeks and nose. These might have been there ages but i seem hyper vigilant at the moment. I dont want to google but I have always thought these were common in drinkers. I dont drink so i dont know why i have them. Just out of curiosity does anyone else have these who are otherwise healthy? I am in danger of spiralling down a rabbit hole.

I have read previous posts which have ironically made me feel worse as i have read what they were worried about.

nomorepanic
13-08-19, 23:13
Can be caused by alcohol, smoking, age and sun damage too.

utrocket09
13-08-19, 23:19
I have noticed some spider veins on my face. Mainly cheeks and nose. These might have been there ages but i seem hyper vigilant at the moment. I dont want to google but I have always thought these were common in drinkers. I dont drink so i dont know why i have them. Just out of curiosity does anyone else have these who are otherwise healthy? I am in danger of spiralling down a rabbit hole.

I have read previous posts which have ironically made me feel worse as i have read what they were worried about.

I have them on my face and legs. Nothing to do with drinking.

pav1984
13-08-19, 23:32
Thanks guys i got myself in a nasty panic over liver damage. I really appreciate the responses.

BlueIris
14-08-19, 05:01
There can be a genetic component, too - my mother suffers horribly from these and I've had some of my own since I was a kid.

pav1984
25-08-19, 20:10
Im really sorry to bring this up again. I have got myself in rather a deep hole with this one...

Are spider veins just on the face and legs or can they be all over? I have now started noticing these veins all over. They might have been there all along and i have just started noticing them. Does anyone else have them in lots of different areas or just one place?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

BlueIris
25-08-19, 20:14
I have them in several different locations, yes. You're probably hyperfocusing.

lofwyr
25-08-19, 20:34
Age alone can cause them

pav1984
25-08-19, 20:34
Thank you. I appreciate it. I know your not supposed to ask for reassurance but i have fallen off the wagon after a good (for me) period of time. Back on the wagon now.