PDA

View Full Version : Really loose stools this morning

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 08:54
I physically can’t do this anymore, just as I feel I’m getting better I woke up this morning with stomach cramps and Diarrhea.

I’m 5 weeks into taking sertraline and 2 weeks on 150mg I don’t know if that’s the reason or my anxiety or ibs, I did eat a homemade chocolate brownie in bed before I went to sleep maybe that’s it?

I don’t know I’m just so sick of feeling ill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
15-08-19, 09:00
I also woke up with cramps and the squits this morning. I do pretty regularly.

It doesn't have to be a massive deal if you adjust your attitude.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 09:05
It makes me feel so rough though, and my bum stings after and my stomach feels weird, I’ve had all the tests to rule out IBD and stuff, it’s just really getting me down like so bad

BlueIris
15-08-19, 09:15
It's how things are for you for the moment, though, so isn't it better to try and accept it rather than treating it as a disaster every time?

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 09:16
I’m trying I’m back at work full time I’m exercising I’m eating and drinking better I’m doing what I can, and then bang out of nowhere I feel like crap again

BlueIris
15-08-19, 09:25
It happens sometimes, unfortunately. Sorry you're feeling rough, but dwelling on it is the worst thing you can do.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 09:52
I just can’t help but think it’s something more like crohns,
Despite the tests

ankietyjoe
15-08-19, 11:20
I just can’t help but think it’s something more like crohns,
Despite the tests

You can help it. Just try harder, and for longer.

On the plus side, you appear to know the difference between loose/lose, whereas most of the internet doesn't.

#smallvictories

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 11:22
But why have I woke up with loose stools/Diarrhea and it’s every so often, I was so positive last night it’s so draining

BlueIris
15-08-19, 11:29
Just because you're positive, it doesn't mean you're right. You need to accept and work on the fact that your thought processes are flawed right now.

ankietyjoe
15-08-19, 11:44
But why have I woke up with loose stools/Diarrhea and it’s every so often, I was so positive last night it’s so draining

Because sh1t happens (get it?).

As I've said to you numerous times elsewhere, the only problem you really have is your reaction to every little thing you experience. What you have to do is learn to stand back and accept that some days are better than others, and just being alive means sometimes you'll feel ill, or something won't work the way YOU think it should. Acceptance is the key to sanity.

rainbow
15-08-19, 12:46
I think the sertraline could be causing the loose stools. My partner had exactly the same issues for a few months after starting on it and I think it was worse if he had'nt eaten before taking it.

Hope this helps.

Midnight-mouse
15-08-19, 14:12
It’s just one of those things, like blue said. I get mornings like that quite often, and I would definitely be asking for it eating a chocolate brownie before sleep!

Just smile through it and push on, it doesn’t have to get you down. Honestly I laugh at my bowels moods and poor attempts at digestion sometimes. Especially if it’s painful or it’s making me feel crummy.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 14:17
I wish I was as positive as you guys, my stupid brain just can’t accept this isn’t crohns and this is a combination of ibs/sertraline/anxiety like my doctor said

Midnight-mouse
15-08-19, 14:22
It takes time really, I’ve been dealing with this since my early teens if not before.

But one things for sure the more we worry about what our digestive system is doing, the worse it gets.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 14:27
I know, I’ve had all the tests to rule out crohns but there is that niggling doubt

Fishmanpa
15-08-19, 14:53
You've posted a dozen threads in the last couple of weeks all about the same thing. So... What can members here do other than attempt unsuccessfully to reassure you? What is the purpose of posting if you're not willing nor able to take the advice on board? What positive benefit are you deriving by being logged in all day focusing on your symptoms?

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 15:04
I just want to know what I’m going through is normal with the sertraline and anxiety and stomach issues and that I’m not the only one who is going through this

rainbow
15-08-19, 15:12
I just want to know what I’m going through is normal with the sertraline and anxiety and stomach issues and that I’m not the only one who is going through this

Honestly, my partner was exactly like this for months when he first started on sertraline. He doesn't have anxiety/ibs but it still gave him very loose stools up to three times a day, he normally only goes once a day. When his does was increased the loose stools were a problem again.

You say you've had all the tests done, did that include a colonoscopy? If so, I really don't think you need to worry.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 15:15
Ok I’ve upped my dosage twice in 2 weeks and I didn’t have a colonoscopy because I had no inflammatory markers in my blood or no blood in my stools also I’ve never had blood in poo or anything so doctor said it’s deffo not crohns

ankietyjoe
15-08-19, 16:01
What you call 'your stupid brain' is actually you. It's not an uncontrollable outside force that you have no control of. Saying things like 'I can't cope' or 'I wish' is just reinforcing the incorrect notion that you can't do anything about this.

As soon as you realise that your recovery is your responsibility and you're not a victim of something external, you might get that lightbulb moment.

You're behaving like a victim, which needs to stop.

As FMP also alluded to, you're also becoming addicted to reassurance, which also needs to stop.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 16:15
I just saw my doctor who said that my bowel problems are purely anxiety related, he said the tablets probs are making it a little worse but it’s purely anxiety,

My faecal reading was 6, he said between 50-100 needs investigating and anything over 100 could be IBD so he said it’s deffo not IBD.

He did say about the reassurance and I know I need to cut down.

nomorepanic
15-08-19, 17:55
Ok so start with not posting on here with every single ache,pain,worry etc etc

pulisa
15-08-19, 18:02
And your GP is not helping either with the easy access and constant reassurance/repetition of what you already know.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 19:05
What’s my GP meant to do ignore me??

BlueIris
15-08-19, 19:15
They need to focus on helping you manage your own anxiety; offering constant reassurance will never help you learn to self-soothe.

pulisa
15-08-19, 19:26
What’s my GP meant to do ignore me??

Yes I do think he should say no more appointments if you insist on talking about the same fears. You have been reassured countless times and now it's down to you to stand on your own 2 feet and start to reassure yourself instead of relying on others.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 19:29
Yea I understand that but surely they can get in trouble if they refuse to see me?

I just don’t get why my anxiety is making my stomach so bad

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 19:47
Can I rest assured it’s not crohns after having a full blood count done and was normal, stool test was normal and I’ve never pooped blood haven’t lost weight, and my doctor has said it’s not! If I know it’s deffo anxiety and ibs I will try my hardest to overcome this

pulisa
15-08-19, 19:55
And if you can't be told it's definitely anxiety what will you do?

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 20:00
I don’t know :( I just want to know what Is wrong with me

BlueIris
15-08-19, 20:05
You suffer from anxiety. That's what's wrong with you.

pulisa
15-08-19, 20:07
Do you really want to be stuck in this mindset for years to come? How does your girlfriend cope?

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 20:08
I really don’t want to be like this, there is nothing more in the world than not worry about various diseases,

I don’t know how she does, I’m afraid I might lose her

pulisa
15-08-19, 20:13
I really don’t want to be like this, there is nothing more in the world than not worry about various diseases,

I don’t know how she does, I’m afraid I might lose her

Maybe the fear of losing her could give you some incentive to accept what is said to you by your doctor? As others have said coming on here to top up your reassurance is also very unhelpful.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 20:15
Yea good idea, I want to believe my doctor and the tests it’s black and white for gods sake

pulisa
15-08-19, 20:16
What is more important to you-keeping your girlfriend and getting a grip on your hypochondria or spending all your time obsessing about benign, common symptoms?

pulisa
15-08-19, 20:17
Yea good idea, I want to believe my doctor and the tests it’s black and white for gods sake

Also having a CRP of 1? is a big clue that all is well with you

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 20:30
I know my iron levels are strong, no inflammatory markers, I just need to accept it for what it is

pulisa
15-08-19, 20:34
So what is stopping you?

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 20:41
The fact the physical symptoms are still here even when I don’t feel anxious

pulisa
15-08-19, 20:46

That is something you have to accept.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 20:49
I reckon sub-consciously it’s my anxiety making the symptoms happen and my sertraline increasing my anxiety

pulisa
15-08-19, 21:03
The only thing that matters is that you accept you have anxiety.

Noworryjonny
15-08-19, 21:40
I know and I really hope that happens soon

ankietyjoe
15-08-19, 22:59

Are you just trying to take the piss now? This has been explained to you literally dozens (if not hundreds) of times.

Cut it out.

Noworryjonny
16-08-19, 08:54
Woah!! I’m not doing this because I think it’s fun! I hate who I am I wish I could just “cut it out”

BlueIris
16-08-19, 09:09
Unfortunately, wishing isn't a substitute for working on it.

Noworryjonny
16-08-19, 09:09
I’ve woken up and my stomach is in knots and I feel so anxious it’s unbearable I literally don’t know what to do

Noworryjonny
16-08-19, 09:10
I am working on it, I’m exercising everyday eating better, working full time, doing a CBT workbook

BlueIris
16-08-19, 09:22
That's great! Unfortunately, you have to accept that there isn't a quick fix for this one, and seeking reassurance will only slow your progress down as it reinforces the idea that there's something to be afraid about.

Fishmanpa
16-08-19, 13:39
seeking reassurance will only slow your progress down as it reinforces the idea that there's something to be afraid about.

This has been said several times and even this acknowledgement feeds the dragon. There are also members doing so via PMs (I refused to enable). Sadly, again, this is the same pattern many serial posters use to feed their dragon.

Positive thoughts

Noworryjonny
16-08-19, 13:39
I’m logging off this for a week and hopefully that will stop me asking for reassurance on here!

Thank you to those who have understood me

ankietyjoe
17-08-19, 11:50
Woah!! I’m not doing this because I think it’s fun! I hate who I am I wish I could just “cut it out”

You can cut it out. Sometimes the best advice you can give somebody in your situation is just pull yourself together. Not always, but sometimes.

I'm glad you've logged off the week, perhaps this should be a regular thing every time you start serial assurance seeking.

pulisa
17-08-19, 20:43
I completely agree and well done to Jonny for logging off and staying off